AT&T Hotspot Problems - completely stumped..

So I've had a mobile hotspot through AT&T for a while now, using an iPhone 4. It's the only way I can get any decent connection out in the country where I'm at right now, other than satellite internet (which we have for school/misc things, but is abhorrent for gaming). Anyway, about a week ago the hotspot starts giving me issues when I tether it up to start playing WoW/D3. Basically, it will say that it's connected and that it has internet access, but will not actually connect to anything, stating a DNS error. I've racked my brain on this one, usually being a tech savvy person, but I can not figure out what's causing the issues. Here are the things that I have tried so far..

-Resetting network settings on the iPhone
    -Restoring the phone from a back up
    -Performing a hard reset on the phone, not restoring from back up
    -I've downloaded the iPhone Configuration Utility, thinking maybe somehow the APN had gotten reset or jumbled.
    -Manually changing the DNS that the network adapter connects to do various public DNS sites, such as 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4, etc.
    -Performing a system restore back to the last week when it worked successfully on my PC.
    -Deleting the driver and resinstalling.
    -Doing a /dnsflush through the command prompt while running as an admin.

None of this has changed anything. To make things even more odd, it will actually connect successfully for literally about 2-3 minutes, before eventually giving me errors again. It's making me crazy because I've spent about 10 hrs with AT&T with the last week, and they seem persistent that it's an issue on my end. My satetllite connection through Wild Blue/Exceed works fine, and other hotspots that friends/family use through Verizon and Sprint work as well, but the problem is that in my area only AT&T has any tower worth a damn that can hold a decent connectoin. The actual internet on the phone works fine, and I get about 3-4 bars consistently so that shouldn't be causing an issue. Any ideas would be extremely helpful, I've gone all over the web and to different forums with this problem but no one seems to have an idea as to what causes the issue.

EDIT: I suppose I should also include this is NOT a jailbroken phone
    Last edited by Proj; 2012-05-26 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe you have reached the set monthly limit that AT&T has for their 3G/4G? I reached my .5GB limit in 2 days when my internet was down.

I was thinking that too, but my cycle just reset on wednesday, and it still hasn't changed. My wife has a iPad that is jailbroken, and the hotspot that we use through that also gives us the same issues, leading me to believe that it has to be an issue with AT&T, but the deny it to the bone.