Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Insides are looking nice, though they should have gone with a more run down look.
    Yeah, needs more blood splatter and half eaten carcasses. Hopefully they'll add stuff like that in some of the buildings. It would add to the atmosphere.

Not sure this should have its own thread:

Hello,
    We here at Shadow of Humanity have just launched our own private Lingor server. Shadow of Humanity (SoH) is an anti bandit clan and we are looking for friends and foes to join our server and battle for supremacy of the Lingor Islands. Whether you are a lone survivor looking for a home or a bandit looking to cause trouble, we welcome you. We offer sanctuary to any survivor looking for a safe place to play, SoH heavily polices the Lingor Islands with extreme prejudice to banditry. Keep your nose clean and you will have nothing to fear from SoH, but let your trigger finger get the best of you and face the dire consequences. We also welcome bandits to come and disrupt the peace if you think can survive the swift justice of the Shadow of Humanity's forces!

Some of our server features include:

- Zombies spawn when players are in or out of vehicles!
    You will find it much more difficult in larger cities alone and you will be unable to determine if a player is in the area when driving by in a vehicle

- Loot spawn time decreased, wider spawn range
    Faster spawning loot for easier farming, especially those hard to find items i.e. Tents! But beware, spending too much time in anyone place is never a good idea! Items will spawn or have already spawned when you reach a building, including while riding in a vehicle. Keep your vehicle closer to you while looting and experience a faster getaway when the firefights start! Just remember, your vehicle is closer to you and closer to the enemy =)

- L85 replaced with M16A4 ACOG, replaced M107 with SVD Camo, and AS50 replaced with mark 48 mod 0
    Extremely high powered and over powered weapons removed to promote balance and more close quarter combat. Tired of being shot down with one bullet in a Helli by random in a bush? Tired of one shot kills by a noob lucky enough to stumble on a AS50? How about tired of thermal's making it impossible to sneak up on even the worst of players? No more, we promote a balanced Lingor Island and have changed a few weapons around to some fan favorites that we felt are more balanced for Lingors play. Skill rules here.

- Increased ammo spawn quantity found with each weapon. No weapon spawns with 0 mags.
    Tired of finding your favorite weapon in a Helli crash only to find 0 mags to go with it? Ya, so are we!

- Up to 80 vehicles, including 6 U1-H1's
    Loads of vehicles to find, fix, crash and get blown up! As a clan we do not vehicle horde, there are plenty of vehicles to choose from!

- All boats are PBX's
    Because fishing boats were....yea you get it.

- DayZ AntiHack as well as the semi worthless BattlEye
    We strive to provide a legitimate experience for our players. We know BE is mostly garbage in regards to this mod so we have added some additional security to help combat the worst parts of the community.

- Many working features that are sometimes neglected in other servers i.e. military flash lights, swimming, tent saving, vehicle saving, vehicle damage after server restarts and many more!

- Side Chat enabled, closely moderated
    Sometimes its nice to communicate to others on the server, but we do not allow this to be abused or ruin the immersion for everyone

You can find us by filtering/searching for "Jack Cr0w and Goober Lingor" (be sure to use capitals where applicable) in the Arma2 browser or DayZCommander/SIx Launcher

Cant wait for DayZ finaly screenshots ... its awesome that alot of the houses if most will have second floor which you can go in and hide
    Also i might try that Lingor server hmm

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

I haven't played in a while but I need to check out the new Panthera map.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    I haven't played in a while but I need to check out the new Panthera map.
    Panthera is ok. Its more like Cherna with more enterable buildings. Its basically a big circle though so there is a lot of PvP action. Limited military spawns too so your bound to run into people if you go to the airfields located at N, S, E, and W. I played it over the weekend, had some good fights. Im still a Lingor fanboi though, I dont think Panthera is as good. Its also a lot smaller, you could run from one end to the other in an 20 minutes.

Im really looking forward to Cherna v2 though.

dayz or warz?
    GPU: Asus DCII 780 @ 1228 / 6700 CPU: i2500k @ 4,8 Ghz Motherboard: P8Z68-VPRO PSU: Corsair TX 850W
    CPU-Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Ram: Corsair 2x 4gb = 8gb CL9 1600mhz

Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27inch 2560x1440 Mouse: G500s Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Headset: Corsair 1500 SSD: Intel 520, 240gb

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    dayz or warz?
    Comparing games typically never ends well. The two are different in their own ways each having their good and bad points.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    dayz or warz?
    Well Rocket has said the Day Z standalone could come as early as November so if you're unsure it might be better for you, if you're wanting to try Day Z, to wait until then instead of spending the money on Arma II then having to turn around and spend more money on the standalone.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-10-17 at 03:37 PM.

Yet another update with some more screenshots. Rocket mentions this week will be the final phase of data migration so I imagine we'll be flooded with screenshots in the very near future. We're getting close, folks.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/33906503689/work-in-progress-interiors-continued-i-was-a

That looks awesome, they actually rebuilt the whole City of Celle (Germany) within the Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixxion View Post
    <snip>[/video]

That looks awesome, they actually rebuilt the whole City of Celle (Germany) within the Game.
    Oooooohhh, that looks fun. Fallujah is my current map of choice for Day Z. Urban zombie warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Oooooohhh, that looks fun. Fallujah is my current map of choice for Day Z. Urban zombie warfare.
    Not sure ...but for some reason I didn't like Fallujah so much.

I like Panthera a bit more than Lingor. Just getting better vibes in a non-tropical area I guess

Fallujah seems like a wasteland, so little enterable buildings and only one big military area...

There's also Namalsk, haven't tried it out yet: http://dayzdb.com/map/namalsk
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I like Panthera a bit more than Lingor. Just getting better vibes in a non-tropical area I guess

Fallujah seems like a wasteland, so little enterable buildings and only one big military area...

There's also Namalsk, haven't tried it out yet: http://dayzdb.com/map/namalsk
    I've watched a couple streams of people playing on Namalsk. I definitely want to try it, but apparently you want to stock up on heatpacks with it being winter and all.

BAM new build today (1.7.3) according to http://mydayz.de/en/dayz-news/172-da...-release-today can't wait it's so much good changes. What do you think?
    Last edited by Phixxion; 2012-10-29 at 03:59 PM.

cant wait for standalone!

Just picked the game up last week and I'm really enjoying it, really looking forward to the stand alone. Anyone here still playing? Wouldn't mind grouping for some co-op

Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    Just picked the game up last week and I'm really enjoying it, really looking forward to the stand alone. Anyone here still playing? Wouldn't mind grouping for some co-op
    I'm spending a good deal of my time on the Namalsk map at the moment, but yeah I'm still playing here and there.

does this mod still take forever to create your character and log into servers? =(
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    does this mod still take forever to create your character and log into servers? =(
    Thats highly dependive on the Servers you play on!