Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Poor DayZ fans are going to be pretty upset when this happens. The DayZ developers are debating amongst themselves about putting a 8 hour respawn timer in the game. Meaning if you die, you have to wait 8 hours before starting a new character. How do I know this? I play with a few DayZ devs in another mod and I was told they are heavily favoring the 8 hour respawn timer.
    Wouldn't bother me personally. Also the thread that came up with the 8 hour respawn timer idea on their forums also had the added plan of having it adjusted to your time played (not character timer), so new players could respawn isntantly but veteran (couple of days+) would have 8 hours.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

So apparently people are finding bicycles.

Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-06-08 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    So apparently people are finding bicycles.
    A great way to grief

Two deaths caused by bugs in a row, right after getting maps, compasses, flashlights, hunting knives and all other sorts of equipment >.<

First time was during night, was wandering in a forest when from 12k blood heard bone snapping, fell down to 3000 blood and passed out 'til death. No gunshots, no zombies, nothing. Just cracked bones from walking (Apparently some error with bone structure collision shit).

Second time was also out in the wilderness. Was walking around, then out of nothing I just get the death screen again with no guns or zombies involved. And this time instead of bleeding to death the game claims I still have full 12000 left. So annoying! >.<
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

this looks cool but im not gonna buy arma 2 for it
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Thought I'd bump this thread with the new changes they've added in the recent patch. Highlights here: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/19/da...cted-the-slip/

Also, they added melee weapons! Yay!

10+ Year Old Account
    When I found my first hatchet ( and spent a good 15 minutes figuring out i had to "reload": my hatchet to use it) I became the happiest person in the world. No longer was I afraid of that single zombie who was blocking the only accessible house in the town i had wandered in. No longer would I worry that protecting myself by shooting a zombie would call other zombies to my location and just intensify my predicament.
    And then I met Yellum.
    We had our little standoff as we decided if we could work together or not. I gave him pasta. He gave me bandages. He told me about a large building that looked to be open but there were to many zombies for him to clear it himself using his pistol and the few rounds he had left. So we teamed up.
    I eliminated as many zombies as I could with my axe before be began shooting. Soon enough we had the immediate area cleared and were waiting patiently for any stragglers to show up.
    A couple minutes pass by and I say to him and say, "Looks like that's all of them."
    He says he sees one more coming from the North,an arbitrary direction, but for the area we were in it made sense for the purpose of communication.
    I turned to the North and begin scanning the area looking for the last zombie. Just as I am about to say that I don't see it, hear 3 gun shots from behind me and fall to the ground.
    "I'm Sorry," Yellam says.

I will be hunting Yellam for the rest of my time playing this game, and I implore any of you that if you encounter him, either keep your distance or put a bullet in his head.

------

Very fun game. Has been keeping me entertained for the past couple of days.

Deleted
    Very interresting mod for now, but a lot of hackers on it, and bugs. And abusive bans from some weird admins.

Waiting to see some major improvements on these matters.

is this worth getting arma 2 for it looks really sick

Deleted
    Yeah it's worth it, though the learning curve is akin Eve (or so I'm told...). Since last patch it is indeed very, very hard. No weapons whatsoever upon spawning, and weapons are mostly guarded by 2+ zombies. Night time is bugged as hell because you get a completely black screen with no means of seeing anything at all unless you have Night Vision Goggles. Alpha is alpha though.

I have only played once before the "no gun"-patch and several times after it went live, and imo the game was more entertaining (and also alot more accessible) before the change. As of now I have an incredibly hard time finding anything wortwhile as cans and bottles are guarded by zombies and I need cans and bottles to lure zombies away from the weapons and I need the weapons to kill the zombies guarding the cans and bottles... you get the point.

Got hold of a gun yesterday though, but I ended up dying from dehydration as apparently you can't drink water from a pond and there weren't a water supply anywhere around. No soda cans were lying around either... Bad luck lol, especially as I found the rifle in a unguarded barn.

I want to get this game but don't feel like buying Arma 2 for 20 bucks...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWFlame View Post
    I want to get this game but don't feel like buying Arma 2 for 20 bucks...
    Wow, thats alot of money! It's totally worth the money though, bought combined ops for the mod alone myself.

doesnt affect me

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Also, they added melee weapons! Yay!

There's something very hillarious about that animation and the way it's being held.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I had Arma II and really enjoyed the game but ended up droping it in favor of BF2 Project Reality. Sadly i lost my Arma II DVDs, couldn't find them after moving from my last apartment

The last few weeks, however, my friends just won't stop talking about day Z on our vent, so i might end up picking the complete pack over at steam.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Night time is bugged as hell because you get a completely black screen with no means of seeing anything at all unless you have Night Vision Goggles. Alpha is alpha though.
    Unless I'm unaware of some new bug, night is working as intended.

It gets pitch black at the beginning of night, slightly less dark when the moon is out, and then darker again before dawn.
    The only place you can see without distorting your brightness and contrast at night is pretty much the coast.

But then again, you have flares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Friend of mine bought this for about 4 of us one day, so all of us could play together.
    I haven't been able to play it yet, for me, just about every server has a good 600+ latency on it (tf2 and other games shows mine as around 100 or less). At this rate, just going to go leech off a friend's internet just to play.
    That normal for everyone else, or am I just really unlucky?

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks really interesting...I have a question though: people in this thread have referred to killing 'bandits' and others...are all 'humans' in the mod player controlled or are there AI controlled as well? Somehow it seems like it would be better to have only zombies computer controlled.

Also (and not to stir this up) as to the debate about the term 'roguelike', I think what it comes down to is precision in language. Terms and sayings have very specific meanings and connotations. Yes, they can make sense or be made sense of in other ways, but I think we do lose something when we willfully choose that original meaning does not matter. Here is where the shooting star flashes across the screen...The More You Know!

By the way I grew up playing Rogue...it is where I learned the meaning of the word 'quaff'. Q was used for the quaff command, or for all you Diablo people...the potion key.

Edit: Also..I went to the Arma website...what is needed to run the zombie mod...just the ArmaII: Combined Operations, or is there more, or would just the base ArmaII be enough?
    Last edited by shokter; 2012-06-28 at 05:31 AM.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Guys you have to remember ofcourse theres going to be bugs its not even officially released yet.
    As for night being too dark, turn your visuals up gamma and lighting i think does it.. pretty much gives you night vision.

Melee weapons... LOVE IT!
    Can't wait for the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    This looks really interesting...I have a question though: people in this thread have referred to killing 'bandits' and others...are all 'humans' in the mod player controlled or are there AI controlled as well? Somehow it seems like it would be better to have only zombies computer controlled.
    Every human is player controlled, the only AI is zombies and animals (animals just walk around though and you slaughter and cook them).
    Survivors = players with 0 murders.
    Bandits = players with 5+ (not sure what the number is right now after they removed the humanity meter) murders, basically PK'ers.

Edit: Also..I went to the Arma website...what is needed to run the zombie mod...just the ArmaII: Combined Operations, or is there more, or would just the base ArmaII be enough?
    You need Arma 2 + Arma2 Operation Arrowhead.
    (You can also play it with the Arma 2 trial and the full version of Operation Arrowhead, but you only get low quality textures so I wouldn't really recommend it.)
    Last edited by Ighox; 2012-06-28 at 05:56 AM.