Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    WoW is FPS.

Besides, obviously someone cares since it's not a monologue for two pages.
    Are you here to step on every single word ANYONE says...?

Chill out dude, jesus -.-

Deleted
    Game became almost unplayable when they removed all the means of defence at the beginning. I don't dare to play on high pop servers because it is a guaranteed death to even approach the places with most loot, because everyone else always seems to have atleast a makarov. All you are left with is a small chance to get a random weapon drop somewhere, which seem to be damn rare.

Man up Origano.

I went into cherno the other day had no Items (after dieing at the main airbase to a horde of zombies along with my friends) I walked into cherno found an axe in one of the buildings. Skulked around nipping from building to building then as I got into one house heard some footsteps from the other room. Called out friendly? Guy rushes in to shoot me with his makarov. I cut to the chase and axed him a question. Took his gear (had bino makarov + rounds food bandages pain killers and match + compass watched and knife) rolled out of cherno with my mate who just got into town robbed the supermarket and ran to the hills.

Moral of the story I love having no weapons. You find another survivor who has nothing you're all nice. Moment someone has a weapon it gets interesting.

Currently me and my mates (about 8 of us now) are considering getting a server. Purely so we can play on our own server when we want (kicking randoms to make room hey its not polite but its easier to get us onto one server).

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Currently me and my mates (about 8 of us now) are considering getting a server. Purely so we can play on our own server when we want (kicking randoms to make room hey its not polite but its easier to get us onto one server).
    Also an easy way to get your server banned.

Deleted
    Arma looks atrocious, why in the world are people playing this??

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Poor DayZ fans are going to be pretty upset when this happens. The DayZ developers are debating amongst themselves about putting a 8 hour respawn timer in the game. Meaning if you die, you have to wait 8 hours before starting a new character. How do I know this? I play with a few DayZ devs in another mod and I was told they are heavily favoring the 8 hour respawn timer.
    I would love for that to happen honestly.

Been playing this for awhile with my brother and 3 friends. The best was running up against another group of players and taking all their stuff, we were seriously low on supplies, was honestly one of the best times in any game I have ever played.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    Arma looks atrocious, why in the world are people playing this??
    Its ffa, pure survival mode open sandbox. Not for everyone for sure.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2012-06-28 at 03:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish a proper developer would make a game like this, it's a fantastic idea.

sadly this mod is ruined by the delayed reaction of zombies dying and their movement.

Still, I tip my hat to the guy who does it, he needs more financial backing! or some publisher has to take this seriously and create this game properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    Also an easy way to get your server banned.
    How so? Making spots for members isnt an issue afaik unless theres a reserved slot system which I would use over that.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    How so? Making spots for members isnt an issue afaik unless theres a reserved slot system which I would use over that.
    Because there are rules for running a server.

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!
    - IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED
    - NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.
    - NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES
    - NO LOCKING THE SERVER
    - NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES
    - IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ
    - Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)
    - Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.
    - You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.
    - Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Unless I'm unaware of some new bug, night is working as intended.

It gets pitch black at the beginning of night, slightly less dark when the moon is out, and then darker again before dawn.
    The only place you can see without distorting your brightness and contrast at night is pretty much the coast.

But then again, you have flares.
    Starting out all clean I have nothing at all and the flashlight can't be used on the move so... =/ It is incredibly dark though, the sky is lit up by stars and the moon but the ground is like RGB = 000, you can't see a difference from a wall 0.1m from you and two trees 100m away, it's ridiculous. The only way I can see if something is infront of me is trying to gauge how suddenly something sticks above the 000 treeline in the distance.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...ilUpmrOzc4QXGw

This is DayZ nighttime right now for me and many others.

Edit: Better image

http://hollowminds.com/wp-content/up...5-16_00004.jpg

Which isn't realistic at all. The human eye has some darkness adaptability, running into the forest in the middle of the night in Sweden will allow you to see quite a bit while the game allows you, well, no vision.
    Last edited by mmoc64e39b9c60; 2012-06-28 at 05:39 PM.

Ah fair enough. I guess having reserved slots would also work though? As paying for a server and not being able to get all your friends on would be a bit on the sucky side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I wish a proper developer would make a game like this, it's a fantastic idea.

sadly this mod is ruined by the delayed reaction of zombies dying and their movement.

Still, I tip my hat to the guy who does it, he needs more financial backing! or some publisher has to take this seriously and create this game properly.
    Its a great idea. I agree> And I've been really enjoying the micro side of it, As in, Slowly getting enough food and water until I can find the means to get my own, and good weapon, then its off north, killing my food and checking out area's.

But The Dayz Mod'rs haven't really done anything, you can load up the map and play alone, or play with other people, the exactly same map and do the same things with Arma Multilayer, But this has a weird feeling of doom about it with the zombie's,. but its in alpha- Some small tweaks well happen but the Zombies seeing through building, passing through building, attacking through buildings, walking on water, and you dying just climbing over a fence or fracturing all your bones falling 2 feet and other deaths is an Arma Engine things, So unless the modders can rewrite the engine code it will never change.

But I love the game, Been playing for about 2 weeks, its so simple of an idea I wish I had thought of it. And I would love a solid, polished with tons of crafting and more exploration, like hidden bunkers or Science labs, also maybe a very cryptic story on why this is happening .

A stand-alone title like this, I would pay a sub also...like an MMO..
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2012-06-28 at 11:38 PM.

Deleted
    like people stated its a alpha, still the modmaker rocket i like the fact he got hired to work on armaIII not only for dayz mod ofcourse, but its probaly a big reason. I am just hoping arma III gets shipped with a dayz mod from launch

Looks like the best way to get this is ArmAII CO - does anyone know of a cheaper source for it, other than the dev's website? (£19.99 via steam activation or standalone)

Been watching this video and even without zombies, looks so much fun. Huge fan of STALKER, but it really did need co-op.

5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    like people stated its a alpha, still the modmaker rocket i like the fact he got hired to work on armaIII not only for dayz mod ofcourse, but its probaly a big reason. I am just hoping arma III gets shipped with a dayz mod from launch
    He's actually only working on the dayz mod right now, he used to work as an arma 2 multiplayer designer for BI and dayz was just a side-project, when it blew up they instructed him to work on it full time.
    And he said he'd already tried a port to arma 3 and that it worked great, and tried 100-200 players per server.

So yeah this will definitely be a lot better in 6-12 months when Arma 3 gets here, that is of course unless BI partners up with EA and decides to ruin it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    I thought rocket was a game designer for Bohemia in the first place, which is probably a bigger reason to be helping to develop Arma3 .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    He's actually only working on the dayz mod right now, he used to work as an arma 2 multiplayer designer for BI and dayz was just a side-project, when it blew up they instructed him to work on it full time.
    And he said he'd already tried a port to arma 3 and that it worked great, and tried 100-200 players per server.

So yeah this will definitely be a lot better in 6-12 months when Arma 3 gets here, that is of course unless BI partners up with EA
    and decides to ruin it.
    Yep-Yep -

It will go like this, EA -wow they have like 1million poeple playing this Mod DayZ - Let buy them add DLC and pay to play options, lets milk the crap out of it and buy bigger yachts -

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Unless I'm unaware of some new bug, night is working as intended.

It gets pitch black at the beginning of night, slightly less dark when the moon is out, and then darker again before dawn.
    The only place you can see without distorting your brightness and contrast at night is pretty much the coast.

But then again, you have flares.
    Yeah the Arma/DayZ engine emulates the real life night cycle, except in real life when the moon isn't out you can still see your feet unlike in Arma/DayZ.

Me and my brother decided to make a real-life trailer for DayZ (just for a laugh) see below.

Does anyone know if the ArmA X AE gives full rez player models with PMC?
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    Yep-Yep -

It will go like this, EA -wow they have like 1million poeple playing this Mod DayZ - Let buy them add DLC and pay to play options, lets milk the crap out of it and buy bigger yachts -
    "Premium members will be able to spawn with a bazooka, cloaking device and can rez after dying"

"Preorder Arma III at Gamestop and get a motherfucking tank for the Day Z mod"