Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    People made it the only tactic by relying on broken/overpowered abilities while in fact being massively undergeared. So to avoid getting oneshotted while that ability is on cooldown, what do you do? That's right, you run away.
    Not true I have to kite mobs in hell and I have bought gear off the ah every piece I use has int bit and dex and is lvl 60 Rares or blues(if they are better)

Kiting doesnt work in inferno, im not sure why people believe this. Fast/vortex/teleport/jail/walls(in small areas), hope you dont get any those because they are unkitable and will one shot you.

Just had Vortex+fast+molten, pulls me in and instant death. The best hope is the glitch the monster so he doesnt attk you.

Combined with .25sec delay after i hit the button (250ping on fios) its all based on the monsters affixes and not the players skill.

Id really like to see the devs playing inferno and what tactics they would implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Kiting will only be an issue until you're geared. Yes, Champion packs being harder than bosses is some stupid silly stuff but the complaining isn't all that warranted. I just wish they'd balance it out so that a class that's built around kiting doesn't have a huge advantage over one that should be tanky. All that does is make it easier for the kiter to kill mobs while being undergeared in comparison to the tanky dude. But that's an issue with itemization and class balance more than it is with inferno itself. Both things that they've said they'll be addressing soon.
    Kiting is harder in higher difficulties btw, abilities such as frost nova last a pitiful amount of time, and slows are much less effective particularly on champion packs.

I don't think they can really do any more, except perhaps remove kiting and therefore make it impossible to be a ranged class and not be a tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

I only got through actII "abusing" force armor, now stuck on actIII. My point is that even when people are geared up the best way to get final gear won't be farming actIV on inferno even if they are in appropriate gear, instead farming gold and using the AH is the way to go. The randomness of items and the overtuned trash that take (and will always take no matter what gear) a lot of time to take down, make it so we won't ever see diablo 2 type farming because it will simply be a waste of time better spent browsing the AH. The whole game is designed so we use the AH. I would like to actually work for my gear, grind for it, not buy it.

SO wait, you play a ranged class and complain kiting is bad? /facepalm.

Kiting is the only thing you can do since you are RANGED. If you said you played a melee and complained about kiting your complaint would have more merit. As a barb, kiting is all I can do, which I will say IS one of my complaints, however it is solely based on how shitty geared I am and I am only lvl 57 in Hell.

Kiting will eventually stop being the main tactic once you have enough resistances then you can just smash face. As much as I love having a 2H and smashing face, defence far outweighs DPS until geared.

Hell is very easy, can clear act4 in about 40mins. Stuff like stuns and snares stop working in inferno cause the mobs are immune. The game totally changes, you will see

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I only got through actII "abusing" force armor, now stuck on actIII. My point is that even when people are geared up the best way to get final gear won't be farming actIV on inferno even if they are in appropriate gear, instead farming gold and using the AH is the way to go. The randomness of items and the overtuned trash that take (and will always take no matter what gear) a lot of time to take down, make it so we won't ever see diablo 2 type farming because it will simply be a waste of time better spent browsing the AH. The whole game is designed so we use the AH. I would like to actually work for my gear, grind for it, not buy it.
    It's not an MMO. You're not necessarily competing with anyone, if you don't want to use the AH, nothing will make you. You can't "fall behind", like in for example WoW. You can just clear inferno, grind your own gear, play at your own pace. That's what I'm doing, though I'm just finishing Hell. But so far, I've bought like 2 items off the AH, when my items were like 30 levels old and it annoyed me.

Oh, and I actually like the fact the rare packs are much harder than bosses. It promotes exploration and dungeon hunting, instead of just rushing to the end of the act. You always have something to look out for, always a thrill, that there might be a pack that will stomp your face around the corner. Not just bosses, which are 100% predictable and just stand in a room. Though the bosses could have been harder, I mean I'm mid-act 4 on Hell and I've died on bosses a total of 1 time, when on normal I didn't realise Belial has those green circles. But the facestomping champion packs make up for it, I love them. Also, I'm playing a melee, and I think it's nice to have to do something different than simply tanking mobs till they die.

Quote Originally Posted by ralh View Post
    It's not an MMO. You're not necessarily competing with anyone, if you don't want to use the AH, nothing will make you. You can't "fall behind", like in for example WoW. You can just clear inferno, grind your own gear, play at your own pace. That's what I'm doing, though I'm just finishing Hell. But so far, I've bought like 2 items off the AH, when my items were like 30 levels old and it annoyed me.

Oh, and I actually like the fact the rare packs are much harder than bosses. It promotes exploration and dungeon hunting, instead of just rushing to the end of the act. You always have something to look out for, always a thrill, that there might be a pack that will stomp your face around the corner. Not just bosses, which are 100% predictable and just stand in a room. Though the bosses could have been harder, I mean I'm mid-act 4 on Hell and I've died on bosses a total of 1 time, when on normal I didn't realise Belial has those green circles. But the facestomping champion packs make up for it, I love them. Also, I'm playing a melee, and I think it's nice to have to do something different than simply tanking mobs till they die.
    Im happy you are having a blast on hell, and are enjoying the game you paid for. It's actII inferno and up that most of us "QQers" care about. The game before that is cool and fun and easy. A bit short, worth the 60 bucks? I dunno but fun nonetheless.

People like you is like people leveling in Northrend praising WoW's gameplay and class mechanics, keep in mind not everyone is interested in killing diablo on an easy difficulty over and over again for always!

I'm grinding for my gear And I am having no trouble using my level 40-50 MF gear in Act 1 inferno.

But I don't disagree, using the AH is definitely an option - and a good option at that, because of the RMAH.... but don't forget SOMEONE actually has to get the gear .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    Im happy you are having a blast on hell, and are enjoying the game you paid for. It's actII inferno and up that most of us "QQers" care about. The game before that is cool and fun and easy. A bit short, worth the 60 bucks? I dunno but fun nonetheless.

People like you is like people leveling in Northrend praising WoW's gameplay and class mechanics, keep in mind not everyone is interested in killing diablo on an easy difficulty over and over again for always!
    I really have no idea what you're whining about, and probably you don't have either, as you have to resort to personal attacks so quickly. Inferno was supposed to be uber hard. You were supposed to farm gear for it forever, and complete it in hell-knows-when. It didn't turn out to be that hard, clearly, because multiple people already cleared it, but still, I understand it's hard. And that's good. It's not WoW, and here is where the comparison actually holds.

But you're whining you're better off browsing the AH than doing some inferno. Then simply don't use the AH. Play it like a single player game. You're not competing with anyone, you're playing for your own fun and satisfaction of beating a supposedly impossible difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by ralh View Post
    I really have no idea what you're whining about
    clearly

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    They left those mistakes, annoying features and bugs intentionally. So players have things to whine about, but anyway play the game. To make a Brave Patch Fix in future, so they are praised as heroes.
    That's a lovely tinfoil hat you've got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".