Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not calling anyone a troll, but the exact opposite of what the OP says is the truth. 60 Barbs get worked. Getting through trash packs with a barb in inferno is about as much fun as a drano enema.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifter View Post
    Not calling anyone a troll, but the exact opposite of what the OP says is the truth. 60 Barbs get worked. Getting through trash packs with a barb in inferno is about as much fun as a drano enema.
    Yeah, monks and barbs gets wrecked just as hard past act 1.

First of all, I can not tell if OP is trolling or just...you know what.
    Secondly, as several people have stated why does it matter? This is not World of Warcraft there is really no competition among other classes (even once PvP launches Wizards are just going to own everything anyways)
    lastly, that was fucking boring and not exactly effective.

Yeah, because running away from enemies is a true essence of BARBARIAN, right? That's exactly what I had in mind when I rolled this class. I thought "Yeah, I will play this fierce ancient warrior that excels at chickening out from a fight! I'll call him Sir Robin."
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    i wondered the same thing right after i beat Azmodan. had some nice gear off the AH and was pretty much just leaving waves of exploded stuff behind, then went to Az and it took all of about 1 minute. this is on normal, btw. i didnt expect it to be hard at all (seeing as i have beat him 2 times previously, with my monk and wizard) but for me to be able to just sit there and hold down the left mouse button until he summoned his buddies or the black pools-o-death, i was flabbergasted to say the least. and diablo wasnt much different. i think i had ~4K HP at diablo. and i was only at low health if i "stood in the fire" long enough. not having much troubles on Nightmare yet, but i only just beat the SK. wish i was at inferno with any of my characters, but i got 3 in nightmare atm.
    You're on normal, dude. Of course you can pretty much self heal through everything on normal. I even got tired of running and stood in the black shit to kill Azmodan on normal. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Yeah, because running away from enemies is a true essence of BARBARIAN, right? That's exactly what I had in mind when I rolled this class. I thought "Yeah, I will play this fierce ancient warrior that excels at chickening out from a fight! I'll call him Sir Robin."
    Thank you for this ^_^"

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    You're on normal, dude. Of course you can pretty much self heal through everything on normal. I even got tired of running and stood in the black shit to kill Azmodan on normal. -_-
    I stand in the black shit on Azmodan Hell (If it even reaches that point, lol)

There's really no comparing Normal/Nightmare/Hell to Inferno, the mobs hit SO much harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Melee do not have an easy time of it in Inferno. My monk reached Inferno the other night and a few pieces of gear from ah, a couple of resets to avoid certain champion packs and a lot of dying and repairing broken gear got me to Act 2 last night and since then I've been banging my head off the keyboard. Act 1 wasn't even fun, but at least it offered some moments of relief; Act 2 is just a constant horror show and here was me dreading the moment I hit the Field of Strife when I'll be lucky to even see it on Inferno. I don't think it's going to take me much longer until I reroll a Wizard and if things stay the way they are now in six months 90% of players will be Wizards or DHs with the rest being some crazy masochists. Who would think that wasp shit would be so deadly?
    Last edited by mmoc6765cb3ae1; 2012-05-25 at 01:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Who would think that wasp shit would be so deadly?
    Champion wasps who multiply, got to love them. Cos you keep running, they keep multiplying, you have like 1 million of them

Quote Originally Posted by maxellia View Post
    Not sure if troll, or just utterly retarded.
    Could be both. Barbarian survivability should be increased or all the other classes brought down to the barb level so I can enjoy feeding off their tears.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    Could be both. Barbarian survivability should be increased or all the other classes brought down to the barb level so I can enjoy feeding off their tears.
    The chances of Blizzard nerfing a wizard/mage type of class : None.

At least not to the level of warriors/barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Yeah, monks and barbs gets wrecked just as hard past act 1.
    The issue is the monsters are 62 and your 60. Go back and hit some 58 mobs and see how much the lvl difference makes in mitigation (offensive and defensive). I dont hit as hard in act 2 as i do act 1.

What am I doing wrong? I see people saying they get ridiculous amount of resitance, around 50% or more, and at the same time, they have like 6 k dps.
    I can barely get past 1k on my lvl 50 barb T_T

Maybe I'm just doing everything wrong -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    What am I doing wrong? I see people saying they get ridiculous amount of resitance, around 50% or more, and at the same time, they have like 6 k dps.
    I can barely get past 1k on my lvl 50 barb T_T

Maybe I'm just doing everything wrong -_-
    You can get away with str/vit stacking all the way up until inferno act2. After act1 inferno you need mega resistance / armor / vit to survive more than a few seconds in melee range of ANY mobs, elite/rares/bosses or not. Once you hit 60 it's a lot easier to find high dps weapons, though honestly unless you're soloing you don't need to worry about your damage as a barb. On inferno coop you're there for the shouts and stuns, not the dps.

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    If you think it's impossible for a barbarian to die ... have you played one? Because I assure you it's not only possible, it happens a lot.
    lol, yeah it does

Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    Gee that sure looks boring as shit. People didn't roll barb to be half-assed kiters.
    EXACTLTY the reason I chose to shelf my Barbarian after seeing the way you have to play in Inferno.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should have simply not included shields in the design at all. No classes have abilities that use them. They're just an item that exists to justify numbers being completely out of whack: "it's not impossible if you use a shield, it's just hard!"

No one wants to use a shield in a hack and slash game. No one. We want to hack, and we want to slash.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

Deleted
    I gave up on my Barb at act 2 of Hell.

I'm watching my friend's Monk tank 2player mobs in act 3 of Hell with little to no issue and do more damage to boot. Ranged classes who can kite while doing good damage are even better.

And that's all on Hell. From what I've seen of Inferno on my Wizard so far it is much harder.

Oh wait, I though inferno with a barb was supposed to be a fun ride crushing everything one hit with my 2handed axe, while tanking 2 elite packs and 30 reg mobs. Shame on blizzard.

Deleted
    That is just so damn silly. I see these "ranged barbarian" everywhere. Wtf? if you want to shoot at range you should play a Demon Hunter, WIzard or Wich Doctor? I don't see the point with a ranged barbarian, it ruins the whole purpose of a barbarian.