A simple quick question about Expertise

I am at 480 expertise and I am wondering if that last rating is worth like .01% or the actual .25% that the wow gear screen says it is. Is it in stair steps, or linear?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty certain expertise is the only stat that works like this, but yeah, it goes up in increments of .25%, whereas with mastery you go up with even the smallest increase.
    Look! Words!

No, it's linear.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    I'm pretty certain expertise is the only stat that works like this, but yeah, it goes up in increments of .25%, whereas with mastery you go up with even the smallest increase.
    actually its the exact opposite. Expertise works linear just like every other stat in the game, even though the tooltip doesnt indicate it that way.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been @ 481-485 and sometimes I would dip below cap by a point or 2 but I never noticed anything. It all depends what I gain by being below the cap.
    Plug yourself into www.wowreforge.com and see if moving around stats can net you something and get you capped, if it doesn't I wouldnt worry

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770