Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim is extremely entertaining, a favorite of mine. It will literally last a month or two, just doing the quests. Much, much more if you go out and explore and just dick around.

Haven't gotten far enough in D3 to say anything about it.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    I would pick Skyrim, it's much more to do there than in Diablo III. I mean in Diablo all you do is fight the same things over and over while choosing to do it more difficult each playthrough. While in Skyrim there are tons of sidequests that brings something new. A tip is to focus on doing all sidequests before you finish main ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldrus View Post
    Ned Stark would say otherwise to 'Summer is coming'.

OT: I'd say Skyrim, despite both being amazing games. It has more content and challenge to it. It's not as linear as Diablo.
    skyrim has no challenage compared to inferno. Id say D3 but its summer soon so wont be playing any games much a little D3 here and there over the summer and MoP in the fall

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I would pick Skyrim, it's much more to do there than in Diablo III. I mean in Diablo all you do is fight the same things over and over while choosing to do it more difficult each playthrough. While in Skyrim there are tons of sidequests that brings something new...
    like 100501st draurgrbrgr cave. Yea.

Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    This summer I'm looking to play something while waiting for ACIII,

I have not played either series and have little experience playing both genres

If you had to choose one over the other, which would you pick?

Lol is this a real question? Anyone who thinks D3 should be picked over Skyrim probably needs to have their gamer card revoked. Skyrim is so far superior to Diablo 3 that trying to compare the two would be laughable.

Both of them are decent. If you can afford both then might as well get them both. Out of the two I would choose Skyrim easily though. I still play Skyrim to this day from time to time, I'm already getting a bit bored of Diablo 3 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Yes.

No need to pick between them, the answer is 'yes'.
    This. You have a couple of months, and you're likely to get burnt out on one or the other...so have BOTH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    like 100501st draurgrbrgr cave. Yea.
    Now granted, there ARE a lot of recurring motifs with Skyrim's dungeons and outdoor encounters, at the same time as there being fewer actual enemy types in Skyrim as opposed to even Diablo 1 (If you shave it short on both ends and say that all enemies that behave identically ARE effectively identical), there is a LOT more story content, and with a LOT more depth, than all three Diablo games combined.

It all comes down to what you prefer from your games.

Diablo, and indeed ALL blizzard games, are geared for min/maxing, number crunching, elitist, meta-gaming, non-role-playing gamers. Very similar to sports.

On the other hand, Skyrim is the kind of game that would never, ever, EVER be balanced and fair for any two players to ever cooperate in. Because it's designed to have incredible visuals, and lots of content via writing, the donkeying around with numbers aspect is so easy to manipulate a simian could abuse it and become overpowered.

So, there you have it, are you left brain or right brain? Left wing or Right wing? Artistic or Pragmatic? Thinking or Feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Lol is this a real question? Anyone who thinks D3 should be picked over Skyrim probably needs to have their gamer card revoked. Skyrim is so far superior to Diablo 3 that trying to compare the two would be laughable.
    Except in combat.

I mean, I think Skyrim's combat is good, even enjoyable in short bursts, but it wears thin incredibly fast. Compared to the constant expanding power curve and complexity of D3's encounters, I'd happily recommend D3 over Skyrim for anybody who values combat over story.

Both are Great. Both get old after a bit. Both have there own set of perks. Both have there own play styles. Get both. What one first? Flip a coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemade View Post
    Me personally? I'd go with the game called outside. It's really quite a good game, can get quite long, but is REALLY worth it.
    I soloed outside once..and it was pre-nerf too!

Deleted
    D3 for 20 hours story lots of looting and grinding and you can go co-op wich is fun
    Skyrim for lots of exploring, terrible story, very boring combat system,but you can be whatever you want to be, decent side quests, not very interesting characters, lots of bandit killing and boring dragon fights.
    Last edited by mmoc15645c0f5b; 2012-05-25 at 05:32 AM. Reason: edited for grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim by a fucking mile. Skryim has the better story, better VO, bigger world, better immersion, better ability system, has mods, and works offline.

Skyrim is the better option. I don't doubt Diablo 3 is good, but for game longevity Skyrim on the PC is in a completely different league than Diablo.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get both for free if you're willing...

But I would personally choose skyrim if I had to choose one.

Also why would I want to go outside and be in direct los of a giant fusion nuclear reactor in the sky that is 100s of times larger than earth and is constantly spitting out deadly radiation that literally changes your skin's color (COOKING IT). I will stay inside where there is minimal chance of having my skin crack apart just for being in line of sight.

I find games like Skyrim boring after 15 mins particularly because its not online.

Diablo 3... or Guild Wars 2 lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    +1 for Skyrim

I'd pass on D3 altogether and just get Torchlight 2 if you're into that genre.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim all the way there is a beta for mounted combat on steam and dawnguard is not long off now plus all the mods via nexus or workshop
    Diablo 3 doesnt interest me at all especially after hearing people have finished the story in 6 hours
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Skyrim doesn't last forever it gets kind of repetitive after a month or so fun as hell to pick up every now and then after you beat it a few times. The story line is decent unless you don't like dragons. Pretty decent character development/customization. A lot of races to choose from, and you can basically choose how you play. Like I said though it gets kinda old after awhile, but still fun.

D3 you have 4 difficulty settings, 5 classes, PvP will be added in a later patch, strong community of players, the campaign sorta varies with each class story wise not a whole lot but it still varies, and the game play is pretty addictive. Is challenging as fuck later on in Hell or Inferno difficulties...yes you will rage. The servers right now are constantly being worked on and it requires you to have a internet connection to play even with single player which is one of the worst things about it.

Both games are beautiful in there own, but I will say this if you don't have a high end gaming computer Skyrim will be a bitch to run. D3 not so much it takes a decent computer to run on high, but you don't have to have a monster to run it.

Over all I would choose D3 if you want something that will take up all of summer and then some because lets be honest even though it has it's problems with the servers, and the story line does get repetitive the game play is so damn addicting you will lose days of your life immersed in it.