Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Arming of domestic drones already being considered

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/...mestic-drones/

Well, that did not take long! I guess IR and high definition camera's watching over entire neighborhoods was not enough; now they have to be able to shoot people with rubber bullets and dispense tear gas from them as well!

The day you're possibly getting mugged and one is around and saves you will be the day you stop crying about it.

also if they shoot people coming over the border with those it's gonna be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonmouth View Post
    The day you're possibly getting mugged and one is around and saves you will be the day you stop crying about it.

also if they shoot people coming over the border with those it's gonna be funny.
    Great Money-Maker for the US Government in the south. 'Shoot people illegally crossing the border with a drone, just 500$ an hour! (Rubber Bullets Only)

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Great Money-Maker for the US Government in the south. 'Shoot people illegally crossing the border with a drone, just 500$ an hour! (Rubber Bullets Only)
    Hell they are letting people kill tiger poachers in india now for fun.

New jobs are always a good thing. *whistle*

inb4 skynet.... inc skynet
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekto View Post
    I thought the same thing haha

The day you're getting your rights taken away by a tyrannical government and need to revolution, but you can't because these things will simply shoot you in the head will be the day you start crying about it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    The day you're getting your rights taken away by a tyrannical government and need to revolution, but you can't because these things will simply shoot you in the head will be the day you start crying about it I guess.
    Eh not really worried about that part at all last I checked even the marines don't like the government unless you seriously believe the military fights for the government and not the people and the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/...mestic-drones/

Well, that did not take long! I guess IR and high definition camera's watching over entire neighborhoods was not enough; now they have to be able to shoot people with rubber bullets and dispense tear gas from them as well!
    Dont do stupid shit and you wont get shot, Tear gas is weak anyways. This world needs more robocop

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Dont do stupid shit and you wont get shot, Tear gas is weak anyways. This world needs more robocop
    CS gas...now that would be evil if they used that

one of my seargents has paintballs filled with CS gas (hes a dick) lol

10+ Year Old Account
    CS gas...now that would be evil if they used that

one of my seargents has paintballs filled with CS gas (hes a dick) lol
    You can get used to CS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    Government nowadays tend to be too inept to be successfully tyrannical. We won't have to worry until there are more competent leaders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekto View Post
    This this this. Looking for a John Conner. Please pst me so i can be safe with you.
    Tauren are the only race that produce the proper sound effects when you use the '/moo' emote.
    /moo'ing since the beginning of march 2004 in the closed World of Warcraft beta.
    Taurens>Gnomes>Trolls>Orcs>Worgens.
    Druid>Shaman>Rogue>Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by koa View Post
    this this this. Looking for a john conner. Please pst me so i can be safe with you.
    clearly a terminator. Run free john! Run freeeee!

"We don’t need a situation where Americans feel there is in an invisible eye in the sky"

Indeed, we have enough paranoid people that believe that already, just stamp "Big Brother is Watching You; Obedience is mandatory" on the side. Maybe with a nice picture of Uncle Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

If I am getting mugged I do not want some freaking angel from the sky to come down and spray rubber bullets at my mugger, I would probably end up getting hit if I was having bad enough luck to be getting mugged around here.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    If I am getting mugged I do not want some freaking angel from the sky to come down and spray rubber bullets at my mugger, I would probably end up getting hit if I was having bad enough luck to be getting mugged around here.
    So you'd rather he just mugs you and then you can go on an unfruitful hunt for him via the police? Yeah that will work out well.

On the contrary though, I can't say I am the biggest fan of these. =S
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, you "the government is taking away my rights!" people need to calm the fuck down and actually think for a moment before you say that. Please, just this once.

The only difference, literally the only difference, between this and a police officer is that the drone can fly. I challenge anyone to find one thing that's even vaguely unconstitutional about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Okay, you "the government is taking away my rights!" people need to calm the fuck down and actually think for a moment before you say that. Please, just this once.

The only difference, literally the only difference, between this and a police officer is that the drone can fly. I challenge anyone to find one thing that's even vaguely unconstitutional about this.
    the slipperiest of slippery slopes is the one that slides into a tyrannical government. Almost always. Stop light cameras? OMG POLICE STATE! More security on public busses? HEIL HITLER!

*Robs 7/11 for $175 and 4 cartons of smokes*

"Enemy predator missile incoming"