Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Impressive Kerrigan. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Wrynns 501st View Post
    Couple of questions....

2. Since the continuation of the last quest he gives (the one where he wants you to meet him at the fleet...) doesn't pick back up until 5.1 AND he already referred to Theramore's destruction in the past tense, does that mean the Theramore scenario will be the lead-in event for MoP??
    Yes, it has been mostly confirmed when they said it would likely be the event at the Press Tour a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferato View Post
    i hope that if it isnt my fav assassin is only for rogues as we have a story with him already wouldnt make any sence if he would say that to a stranger
    There is a quest that will use any class that was added in the last patch, sending you to go and see him: Stranger in a Strange Land.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    I like Wrathion's voice. I hope he turns out to be corrupted or whatevs. He would make an excellent villain.
    I'd rather not have the last uncorrupted black dragon be corrupted, would kinda defeat the purpose of all the work to cleanse a corrupted black dragon egg.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

So people are hoping that an arrogant, red-eyed and English-accented character won't turn out to be a bad guy? I'm afraid he's got all the right ingredients; questionable appearance, a virtuous cause but with no apparent motivation, and a track record that already has him seeming dubious at best (He broke a Red Dragon's legs to...prove he was a big boy, yes?)

My guess is that he'll empower us, send us against the 'darkness', and then when we've eliminated that (let's say for the sake of argument that it's this 'darkness' that brings him to Pandaria, and perhaps prevents him from doing much else than sitting in a tavern) then he'll pull a Hollywood-style double-cross.

Deleted
    What Alenarien said. The posh English accent is a dead-certain giveaway that he is set up as a villain.

So, what patch will we kill him?

Betrayal is all but certain, considering he tells players of both sides he's on their side.

Then again, this could be another Jade Forest situation with the jinyu outnumbering the hozen who outnumber the jinyu...

The raid finder is a great idea. It could be improved however. It should work like it does now, beside the loot etc of course. What must change is "older" raids, they should be added to the raid finder *and* people should get the "old" loot from those dungeons and maybe even achievements. That would at least give the game a decent content curve for people to do, elites as casual players.

One huge problem with WoW is how fast "old" content becomes obsolete yet there are quite a few people that want to do it - just not on the same server. Merge the servers like you do with the LFD/LFR and you have enough people to do older raids. That is how it should work, without restrictions on loot and/or even achievements. Would give people something to do beside getting bored just standing around in a city waiting/forming a group to do obsolete raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    So people are hoping that an arrogant, red-eyed and English-accented character won't turn out to be a bad guy? I'm afraid he's got all the right ingredients; questionable appearance, a virtuous cause but with no apparent motivation, and a track record that already has him seeming dubious at best (He broke a Red Dragon's legs to...prove he was a big boy, yes?)

My guess is that he'll empower us, send us against the 'darkness', and then when we've eliminated that (let's say for the sake of argument that it's this 'darkness' that brings him to Pandaria, and perhaps prevents him from doing much else than sitting in a tavern) then he'll pull a Hollywood-style double-cross.
    I think he plays both sides because it's what he's best at, and because it's fun to manipulate mortals. He's a black dragon, and he has learned manipulation of the mortal races since he was an egg... plus, being son of Deathwing, he's probably a natural.
    But also, he's an uncorrupted black dragon... i believe his concern for the well-being of Azeroth to be genuine, as this is the purpouse for which the flight was created, and i'd guess the titans hardwired it into them. So, he could be playing both sides for the greater good, knowing that the faction leaders lack a global vision.

This is one dragon I don't want to go dragonslaying on. He can be sometimes-protagonist and sometimes-antagonist, but I don't want him to ever go full-corrupted evil like the past dozen dragons we've had to kill.

Also it keeps looking more and more like Blizzard is planning to hand out legendaries to everyone with the Black Prince quests. Didn't they say they didn't want to repeat Dragonwrath? Or have they reversed that decision to the point of deciding instead of most people getting legendaries, it should be everyone getting legendaries?

OMFG I want that Kerrigan statue on my garden.

I'm hoping Wrathion doesn't turn out to be a bad guy. I've had enough of fighting dragons if I'm completely honest. A character who does good but only knows bad ways to do it is an interesting character in my opinion. I also doubt they came up with Wrathion simply for him to be yet another black dragon we need to kill.

Edit: Also, if anyone seriously calls this a "posh British accent" it makes me question whether they've ever actually heard a British person talk before.
    Last edited by Vesker; 2012-05-25 at 07:24 PM.

Nice to see Blizzard spending thousands on pointless statues while laying off employees. Good money management there.

So who is Wrathion, and why should I care about him?

Quote Originally Posted by Vesci View Post
    Nice to see Blizzard spending thousands on pointless statues while laying off employees. Good money management there.

Almost all game dev house run with more staff than they need.. That's why some studio's now do the freelance method, it tends to be cheaper and you don't have to pay them medical etc...

While layoffs are never nice, Blizz probably see that they weren't running efficiently, and had too many person on board they really didn't need to be there...

I like this: Probably 2 Legendaries looking ahead ala past expansions PLUS an upgrade for first tier items.

The Sha is the 'big bad' of pandaria, wrathion allows us to empower 'sha-touched' gear, whilst playing the alliance and horde off against each other for the good of Azeroth?
    Seems suspiciously like he's decided Azeroth would be better off existing with the mortal races either exctinct or united under his leadership and he's sided with the Sha.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuboid View Post
    Shaman models = more recycled crap, this time the Twilight Ascendent Council from BWD. Thanks Blizz, nice to see you're creating fresh stuff for your millions of paying customers...
    QQ more plz. The models look amazing and add an awesome CD for shamans to use.

Be happy that your class is receiving a new ability that will be used and not one that is extremely situational.

inb4 wrathion wants the the horde and alliance to destroy each other so the the black dragonflight can take control

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are they seriously going to give every class some fancy animations? If so, make Arcane Mages into grandfather clocks that don't actually do anything but press 1 button on themselves, and Frost Mages can turn into giant glaciers that just sit there and melt, or turn into snowmen.

Actually, I'd be all for class animations so long as they aren't rehashed designs, which clearly these Shaman models are. You would think that the design team would be a bit more creative with their animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    this seems very interesting