Thread: Armor looks

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Armor looks

Whenever I have trouble picking a class (as I do now in GW2 too), I help myself decide looking at how the armor for a specific class looks. Is there any page with in-game armor screens or something like that, that I could check? Or if any of you guys have taken screens of your (possibly higher level) characters, it would really help.

I'm torn between Guardian, Ranger and Thief (aka torn between medium and heavy armor)
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-05-25 at 08:40 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's a Hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    What's a Hunter?
    I didn't write that
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I didn't write that
    keep tellin yourself that Mr bathrobe. anyway http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor has SS's of some sets and concept art of others. There are some race specific armors but not class specific. Medium classes can wear any medium armor so looking at pictures is not going to help you decide between ranger and thief, they wear the same stuff. your basic options for those 3 are do you want to wear leather or plate?

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    keep tellin yourself that Mr bathrobe. anyway http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor has SS's of some sets and concept art of others. There are some race specific armors but not class specific. Medium classes can wear any medium armor so looking at pictures is not going to help you decide between ranger and thief, they wear the same stuff. your basic options for those 3 are do you want to wear leather or plate?
    Ah yea, I know it's not class specific. Technically I'm then deciding between human medium and heavy armor.

Thanks squirrel, was helpful. Although still hoping for more, so if anyone got screens of some cool medium and heavy armors, post post!
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Ah yea, I know it's not class specific. Technically I'm then deciding between human medium and heavy armor.

Thanks squirrel, was helpful. Although still hoping for more, so if anyone got screens of some cool medium and heavy armors, post post!
    The 3rd link down, dungeons sets from bwe1, probably has the best we've seen so far. High level anyway.
    And welcome

Also, there aren't specific; Ranger/Thief/Guardian/Warrior/Mesmer armor... you have Light/Medium/Heavy armor

Deleted
    Additionally, during character creation, while you're picking which class to play, you get to see a preview of what kind of armor that class can wear and how it could look.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish deciding a profession was as easy as seeing which armor sets I liked for me. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I have trouble picking a class (as I do now in GW2 too)
    Somewhat off-topic: When I really have trouble with it (i.e. looking up descriptions, skills, traits/talents/whatever, videos), I grab one of these:

Just let fate decide!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Don't you mean,

??

10+ Year Old Account
    Was giving a generic die image I just had lying around. What size die you need will depend on how many professions you're choosing from. I believe I made a thread on this. :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ho man if my ocd let me choose a profession by the role of a die I'd be so much happier. Indecisiveness is one of my biggest problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'm just way too carefree. Or else I know what I like. The only difficulty in my decision was in working out with my girl which "four" would be mine, and which "four" would be hers, with the fifth being "whatever"

Actually, the difficult part was in which race/prof combos to pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know what I like... I just like a lot of things >.>

Process is simple for me: Subtract all pet using classes. Subtract all classes in light armor. Subtract all classes which are hybrid bullshit. Subtract any monster &/or creature races.

Takes like 5 mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Process is simple for me: Subtract all pet using classes. Subtract all classes in light armor. Subtract all classes which are hybrid bullshit. Subtract any monster &/or creature races.
    Sheesh, you ain't a very open-minded girl. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Armor is irrelevant to me, though I prefer not to wear a dress. I love hybrids, but also don't care if I play a pure class. I don't mind pets. I think I've narrowed it down to mesmer, thief or warrior. Thief is losing favor because initiative is annoying to me. Mesmer might make it if they make a few changes to clones. Warrior is looking like the champ... but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya know, I think I know why it's so easy for me.

I keep things simple.