Thread: Aion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoulz View Post
    I don't agree with that. Everything before endgame should not be filler content. Unless a game can capture me within the first few levels, why bother?
    Because, well, that is the point of (MMO)RPGs, you start out weak with little power and as you advance you get stronger with more abilities. You really can't say it is any different with WoW.

At first you make a toon in practically no gear that can use like 1-2 abilities and you need to kill boars and shit to level up. The same thing in Aion, really. The game has a more "Vanilla" feeling than current WoW does though, and yes, that also means it is a bit "unpolished", but has a very good atmosphere and it is really beautiful along with a very good lore and some original ideas.

I stopped leveling a toon at one point when Mists beta and then later D3 came but I think I should go back and continue it. Would like to see the three-way PvPvE endgame content as it looks thrilling. I guess I'd need a competent league (or how are guilds called) for that though.

Deleted
    I've just uninstalled Aion after 30 mins. Nothing to do with the gameplay, just the gold sellers spam in chat was annoying me

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t get many of you.
    For me, MMO’s are about being a character, running around in a fictional world, slaying the evil, protecting yourself, doing quests and improve your character.
    I don’t like end-game content in MMO’s, it is just beat-repeat, over and over, daily quests and raids. Leveling is where the fun stuff is. Also, I like to Roleplay while playing. It gives me a sense of myself being that character. And then it is fun, instead of just thinking leveling is filler-stuff to do, while max level is the goal. For me it is not, and that is what is fun in such games.

OT: I play Aion, Level 24 Elyos Spiritmaster right here, and even though it is quite hard, I enjoy it. I just don’t play much because of other spare time-interests and minor exams.

@ DStrux.

No, you haven't gotten a 'feel' for a game after 4 levels.

a. you're still a 'base' class, you haven't ascended and gotten your specialty.
    b. you haven't even gotten a combo ability, I think most classes get this at 5, lol.

Truth be told i could go through with the many reasons why, in any game, it's retarded not to get at least halfway to endgame before starting to form an opinion. Like SWTOR was AWESOME at low levels, right? I got to 32 before I couldn't force myself to log into the game and be one of less than 10 people on Alderaan.

I currently play Aion, I have 9 characters level 30 or higher (really, 2 Asmos, 7 Elyos), though only one level 40+ toon (really wanted a certain set of L30 gear that you need 5 L30 toons to complete). The game is fun, though un-forgiving. You don't -have- to walk everywhere, though the is a lot of walking, but there's a decent amount of flight paths, and if you can get to ~12m Kinah you can buy a mount in the housing zone for w/e faction you choose.

The game can feel stiff and boring before 10, but it varies from class to class. Mage and Priest are very fun (imo), but Warrior isn't interesting till 10, and Scout.....lol. Never liked Rogue-types, and Ranger is downright horrid till ~16. Give it to at least 25-30, and you'll see it's not nearly as horrible as you thought. It still might not be 'for you,' but then at least you'll have a greater 'feel' for what the game is like.

And no, to reiterate, Aion is a game you can't get a 'feel' for at level 4. You don't have Stigma Abilities, Combo Abilities, you can't use DP, or even have an ability to use it with, you don't have Wings and can't even leave the noob area, talk in lfg, or really do anything 'cool.' You're still a 'base class' and therefore haven't gotten any 'fun' abilities, you can't even look at Haramel, let alone enter it, and I'm sure you don't even know what the 'Atreain Atlas' is....you can't even enter Sanctum or Pandaemonium, either....or the Abyss....

---------- Post added 2012-05-26 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well, I love rift and star wars but I never been higher than lvl 5 in Aion =) Got a veteran account in EU version, that now seems to go for p2win since I got a mail yesterday that they will sell shards to make your spells do more damage in the cash shop. Just silly.
    If it wasn't p2win I still probably wouldnt have lasted long, the questing is kind of boring. But it's a cute game and perhaps the cutest p2win game out there?
    Dunno how it works in NA where it's suppose to be "completely f2p" but hopefully it's a bit better. If you really love questing, since I can't see any alternative way to level, then go grind and try... wont cost you anything.
    That's not P2win. The shard you're talking about have about a 50% chance to drop when you kill something, and can be bought for a pittance of kinah from a general good vendor. It's like selling health pots in WoW or Rift....

EU Aion is P2W because of the fact that, if you didn't buy the game before, you have to to unlock joining a Legion, talking in chat, or lowering dungeon cooldowns. You can't even trade or use the broker (AH) without handing over irl cash...

NA Aion is fully f2p. There is only ONE type of account - full access. There is a store that sells stuff, but it's mainly pets and item skins. You can buy instance CD reset scrolls, but they sell for so low on the AH, it's not even worth buying them via the store, or whining that it's P2W...cause I can buy a Kromede's Trial reset scroll for 100k Kinah on Elyos-Israphel....which is what i get for vendoring a white item....
    Last edited by willowe; 2012-05-26 at 06:23 PM.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog