10+ Year Old Account

Raid saves/offline people, help pls!?

I have a question.

When someone is saved for 1 boss in a raid, lets say the first one of the raid. That person is offline when ppl first enter the raid. Raid was made by someone who is not locked to that instance. Will the raid be locked to that boss, if the person having the lock is offline or does the person has to be completely removed from the raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    i think he'd have to be removed and if people have entered, the leader needs to reset dungeons

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, you want to notice the difference between a normal raid and heroic.
    In normal, you get saved to bosses. If you clear a boss, you can't do that again.
    In heroic, you get saved to a raid and will get a raidid.

As far as I know, when you enter a raid, you enter the raid of your raidleader.
    If someone is saved (online or offline), you won't get in his raid.
    The only problem you have is that he will enter a different raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend by accident killed Leviathan on normal mode in Ulduar. I was in the group.

I have a Ulduar full clear planned for tonight (i have another toon to bring for the kill, but still, just asking).

So if I make a raid on my alt, which is not saved, and I have my other toon (saved to Leviathan normal) invited (it will be offline when I or someone enters the dungeon), it still shows when you enter Ulduar that 1 boss (not killed by this raid grp) is dead or not?
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2012-05-25 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    You'd need to reform group surely i think to get a new raid ID? Unless all had accepted the raid lockout? i Helped my guild by bringing my mage into a ultrax hc raid, sadly we didnt kill it and i still got saved

10+ Year Old Account
    I just spent some time testing that out.

If a group is made by someone that don't have a lock and in group, even after "reset all instances", is person with a lock from normal. The person having the lock on normal is offline. Then the boss is still dead, weather HC or normal.

You do not however have to do disband group if you have removed the person that is saved. Simple instance reset will do.

Thanks for the time.