10+ Year Old Account

Question Whats more important to have endurance or strength?

I seem to have a lot more endurance then strength. Whats more Important endurance or strength? I will site an example.

My friend had pneumonia and with her infinite wisdom thought going for a walk to town(mind you we are both pack a day smokers). She got sick at the Starbucks and said she couldn't walk. So I carried her home shes about 5'3" ish and about 130 lbs. I am about 293 and around 6'5" with a no upper body strength but very strong legs, I used to be a lot heavier but am dieting and such. So I'm used to carrying around a lot of weight. So I walked home with her on my back, up hill and when I got us back to the house I about died(I needed a smoke :P). Is this example strength or endurance or both?
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    I seem to have a lot more endurance then strength. Whats more Important endurance or strength? I will site an example.

My friend had pneumonia and with her infinite wisdom thought going for a walk to town(mind you we are both pack a day smokers). She got sick at the Starbucks and said she couldn't walk. So I carried her home shes about 5'3" ish and about 130 lbs. I am about 293 and around 6'5" with a no upper body strength but very strong legs, I used to be a lot heavier but am dieting and such. So I'm used to carrying around a lot of weight. So I walked home with her on my back, up hill and when I got us back to the house I about died(I needed a smoke :P). Is this example strength or endurance or both?
    Little bit of both in your situation. Unless you carried her a few miles, I'd say strength played a bigger role there.
    I honestly can't place an importance on either of them. They both have situations where one is far better than the other, and having a good level of both is probably your best bet.

This cant be answered generally, it highly depends on the task to do.

If you have to run a marathon endurance is more important, if you are at a weightlifting contest you´d be better of with strength.

Deleted
    Pure strengh is only important if u can't do a task without or no tool/techique comes to hand to make it easier.

You would not have been able to lift her on your own without strengh.

Endurance came into play in how long u were able to carry her.

You should be able to carry your own weight even if its only for a short period of time doesn't matter how skinny you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    With pure endurance you can't perform
    With pure strength you can's perform

I'd say 60% endurance 40% strength.
    so spend your stat points wisely
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    With pure endurance you can't perform
    With pure strength you can's perform

I'd say 60% endurance 40% strength.
    so spend your stat points wisely
    Endurance and strength don't influence on each other. You can have both or neither. There aren't any "%" how much you can have one of them.
    Examples:
    Big endurance + Big strength -> Vitali Klitschko
    Big strength + low endurance -> Strongman
    Low strength + big endurance -> People who participate in Marathons
    Low strength + low endurance -> people who eat too much in McDonald and don't train anything
    So... Do whatever you want. But yeah, sometimes endurance is really useful.

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post

I'm sorry, my friend, but I read your post and the only thought i had was;

Friendzone lvl 9000.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Endurance. What's the use of being strong if you can only lift something for a short period of time, or what have you? Consistency!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Endurance and strength don't influence on each other. You can have both or neither. There aren't any "%" how much you can have one of them.
    You have to choose how you allocate the time for training endurance vs. strength though. You only have so much time at your disposal.