Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I plan on rolling in with roughly 100-150k. And for the first one-two weeks selling everything I can DE to level inscription for DMC trinkets. Then after that everything I DE while farming reps will level enchanting. (Somewhere in all of this JC gets done too)
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

I'm sitting on 1.1 mill right now but I spent a TON of gold recently on TCG pets/mounts etc. Just the other day I paid 320 for Ethereal Soul Trader but only because it is my favorite pet in the game. I plan to be at around 1.5-2 million gold at the start of MOP, which will be used exclusively for vanity mounts/pets/gear. Having every profession maxed out on my account means I almost never spend money on mats, crafting fees etc.

I don't really have a goal. I have like 6k right now or something. Haven't really been trying to get any. I'm sure gold sellers will make a lot of money as the expansion gets closer though.
    Case: Cooler Master HAF X - Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition - PSU: Cooler Master 1000W 80+ Gold - CPU: Intel i7 4930K - GPU: EVGA GTX690 - RAM - G Skill Ripjaw 16gb (4x4) @2133 Cooling - Corsair Hydro H100i - HDD: Western Digital CB 500gb and 1TB - SSD: Intel 128gb

Deleted
    I'm as good as broke at the moment, after spending 2 million on mounts and buying some DS HC gear.
    I also didn't play too much on the AH in the last months as even that gets very boring. After reaching the gold cap or even being above it, anything less than 750k doesn't feel good to me. For MoP I plan to have at least 500k.

10+ Year Old Account
    i havent logged on in two weeks but i should have 300k, think im at 250k now cant remember though

Going in with at least 1.000.000g
    I've scaled down my operations a bit, but still make between 50k and 90k a week, so the later the release, the bigger the amount.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCoolName View Post
    Going in with at least 1.000.000g
    I've scaled down my operations a bit, but still make between 50k and 90k a week, so the later the release, the bigger the amount.
    Just curious, how do you make that much money? From raiding, dailies, professions, I can never make much at all.

Deleted
    from what i've seen most people make money by working the ah, but i never obtain alot of gold... mostly since i dont want to spend forever watching the AH, or getting used to addons like TSM (tradeskillmaster)

Id guess about 100k at minimum, and over 500k is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoov View Post
    Just curious, how do you make that much money? From raiding, dailies, professions, I can never make much at all.
    The obvious answer: Playing the AH.
    I dabble in a bit of everything, but it all boils down to buying cheap and selling expensive.
    I have a steady income from inscription, but that's only due to the fact that I spent ages edging out my competition. Now I can get by with posting and crafting for about 15 mins a day, since I've outsourced my farming and milling. Whenever someone new tries to enter the market though, I have to make sure he doesn't earn jack-shit for 2 weeks, so I can pick up his entire stock for peanuts and have him gone.

The big increases in capital comes from cross-faction trading and TCG mount reselling. (As an example, I bought a Rhino for 300k and sold it for 450k two weeks later). That's of course only possible to do properly if you can afford having hundreds of thousands tied up for weeks.

Deleted
    playing the AH is very frustrating right now, at least on my server, i list and relist but hardly sell anything, i used to make decent money but right now the server is pretty much dead (EU khaz'goroth), so right now i concentrate on farming mats and pets for MOP

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    It depresses me knowing that there are some people on my server that I will never be able to out bid on that tiger mount, though I do want it. I spent all of wotlk farming it every lockout
    On what basis are we assuming that the Zulian Tiger will be on the Black AH? Its removed from the game and it shouldnt be on there, if it is Blizzard needs to get their head out of their asses. Removed content should stay removed and at the very least if it is brought back it shouldnt be in a format where gobs of gold is the only means of obtaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    On what basis are we assuming that the Zulian Tiger will be on the Black AH? Its removed from the game and it shouldnt be on there, if it is Blizzard needs to get their head out of their asses. Removed content should stay removed and at the very least if it is brought back it shouldnt be in a format where gobs of gold is the only means of obtaining it.
    That's your opinion, and you're entitled to have it.
    What I don't understand, is how your gaming experience is devalued by others obtaining it from other sources at other times.

Note: with 2 minutes of stalking, I found that you got your Zulian Tiger on January 11th, 2010 - so it's not like you got it when it was relevant either.

It doesnt hurt my game experience its a poor gaming decision. You can dig some more and see that I dont have the Plagued Proto Drake and I dont think that should be put back into the game either, has nothing to do with me personally and what I do or dont have. You dont want an items ONLY means of obtaining through having it randomly put on the AH and having to spend millions of gold to win. Thats awful design. Putting something like say Ashes of Alar is different as spending the gold is allowing players to bypass RNG/Difficulty of farming it themselves, however players may still farm to get it. By putting Zulian Tiger and other items like it on there, it makes the only way to get through stockpiling gold praying for it to randomly be placed on the AH. Everything on the Black AH should be things that are possible to still get, if they want to bring something back then put it in the game as a legitimate options for players who wish to get it

Anyways the point of the question was on what grounds do people assume it will be placed on there in the 1st place? I recall seeing mounts but never ones that have been removed.

It doesnt hurt my game experience its a poor gaming decision. You can dig some more and see that I dont have the Plagued Proto Drake and I dont think that should be put back into the game either, has nothing to do with me personally and what I do or dont have. You dont want an items ONLY means of obtaining through having it randomly put on the AH and having to spend millions of gold to win. Thats awful design. Putting something like say Ashes of Alar is different as spending the gold is allowing players to bypass RNG/Difficulty of farming it themselves, however players may still farm to get it. By putting Zulian Tiger and other items like it on there, it makes the only way to get through stockpiling gold praying for it to randomly be placed on the AH. Everything on the Black AH should be things that are possible to still get, if they want to bring something back then put it in the game as a legitimate options for players who wish to get it

Anyways the point of the question was on what grounds do people assume it will be placed on there in the 1st place? I recall seeing mounts but never ones that have been removed.
    I see your point, but to play devil's advocate for a second longer:
    What makes it "illegitimate" if it's on the BMAH? One could argue that it does exactly what you say, it gives players the option to farm for it. Farm 999.999g, and then wait for it to be put up. I assure you that gathering 1 million gold is less painful than farming the same instance for more than a year, and still not being sure that you might ever get it.

And just to be pedantic: If it is put on the BMAH, it is "put it in the game as a legitimate options for players who wish to get it".

Edit: we should probably let the thread get back on track, but I'm very open to continuing the conversation somewhere else, as I do take interest in different points of view, especially when they are being treated rationally
    Last edited by SomeCoolName; 2012-06-14 at 11:39 AM.

Bleh 100,000ish is good. As long as I can buy gems enchants I'm happy.

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 07:41 AM ----------

Let me guess, you have the mount?

>.>
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Bleh 100,000ish is good. As long as I can buy gems enchants I'm happy.

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 07:41 AM ----------

Let me guess, you have the mount?

>.>
    In his defense, he did say that he also shouldn't be able to get mounts that he didn't get in time - he's airing an honest and valid opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by themonitor132 View Post
    In my opinion, I don't think you can have too much gold for the start of an expansion. I would like to go into mop with one million gold just because I want to take control of the shuffling market and that will require a lot of gold. I also want the gold for black market AH, zulian tiger
    they're putting zulian tiger on BMAH?
    aaaaaassssshooooooles

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    they're putting zulian tiger on BMAH?
    aaaaaassssshooooooles
    I saw no proof of that anywhere. So far it's only speculation and heresay

15+ Year Old Account
    My goal is 40-50k and earn LOADS of easy gold with mining/herb the first week of MoP
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s