Thread: Why Sargeras?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Frankly I don't want mortals defeating a Titan, but we'll see.
    Besides, even if we do some day kill him, Blizzard can just invent new lore.
    That's sorta how an evolving fantasy world works
    Titans will be the final expansion for WoW. we kill them and become a titan thus starting the new mmo titan they have planned.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    How? He is just Malfurion, but with fire and a sword. Only people who go in-depth with lore know him, nearly noone refers to him in-game, just like with Deathwing, and many people just thought he was some random dragon at Cataclysm's announcement. If we're talking iconic then it's Illidan and Arthas, which ofcourse both are dead now.

Personally I find the Old Gods' manipulative nature much more iconic and special than the Demons' ''hurr hurr smash dem all!'', even if the 'Old God made them all insane' scenario is overdone as fuck.

But yeah, people assume and assume, WoW will end whenever Blizzard decides it should, and the end sure isn't in sight at all, the battle against Sargeras is coming closer and closer though. The lore has no effect on the cash that they make, no filthy Red Malfurion is gonna stop them from making money.
    Good points indeed. But by iconic I truly meant iconic; As in we atleast know what he looks like, where as we've only seen 2 out of 5 Old Gods, and they were both a bit.... Meh visually.

But aye, I'd much rather have Lovecraft evil than "Derp I'm evulz!"

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    Titans will be the final expansion for WoW. we kill them and become a titan thus starting the new mmo titan they have planned.
    So killing the WoW Titans makes us titans, which then turns WoW into an mmofps partly developed by Bungi, which isn't even named Titan (it's just a codename)... Awesome logic!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    seems legit.

Deleted
    Because he is the primary antagonist of warcraft the de facto "bad guy" the "great enemy of all life" ect ect. There's debate as to whether the Old Gods are stronger, on their own probably not together I would say so. But the fact is that we've seen and confronted Old Gods hence they've lost some of their prestige where is with Sargeras people feel that he is unstoppable, people feel like he would one shot the raid by just looking at it, simply because he doesn't appear and is rarely mentioned. It gives him a more eery and horrifying feel to the character. So if there is a "final boss" of WoW it will be him.

Here's my thing..

There have been 5 planets specified in WoW thus far.

What does that mean about the other planets? It is referenced in one of the books that the Titans brought order to a hundred million other planets. Does that mean the brought order to every planet?

It's a fantasy story, with many writers. The lore is ever-expanding, Sargeras could be a but an insect compared to someone else out there.

Sargeras will be the final boss, and mighty or not, will be massively killed in the week of his release by the hordes of LFR hodgepodge players unsure what is going on, standing in fires, AFK healing, getting yelled at, yelling at, ignoring unconsequential enemies abilities, ignoring their own offensive abilities, and nevertheless triumphant.

The Burning legion has been the centre of the whole game for ages and he is the leader of it

He is a fallen titan the titans are the most powerful race in the universe supposedly so its common sense that he is the final baddie of this game unless blizz pulls out somebody who is even worse but who

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    titan is just the workname for their new mmo.
    it has nothing to do with WoW
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one expected Garrosh as a final boss.

But people don't think outside the box. They're stuck in the Wrath/Cata idea that the final boss must be a major major lore villain.

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 08:52 AM ----------

Arguably the thing I find most scary about the whole "Sargeras craze" is the fact that a camp wants Sargeras to be the final boss of the NEXT EXPANSION. And then for WoW to end and everyone to go play Titan.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

honestly what i think will happen is that when WoW wants to close they'll have an invasion event that lasts a few months or so.
    at the very end of it Sarg himself appears...wherever we are.
    at this point he becomes a world boss that takes basically the entire server working 'together' to down.

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Good points indeed. But by iconic I truly meant iconic; As in we atleast know what he looks like, where as we've only seen 2 out of 5 Old Gods, and they were both a bit.... Meh visually.

But aye, I'd much rather have Lovecraft evil than "Derp I'm evulz!"

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 12:09 PM ----------

So killing the WoW Titans makes us titans, which then turns WoW into an mmofps partly developed by Bungi, which isn't even named Titan (it's just a codename)... Awesome logic!
    well let's be fair, the mmofps is just a theory at this point. nobody has said that it would be one.

i mean that still doesn't make his point any more sensible, but still.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Because he's basically the source of all evil on azeroth. The demons that got unleashed on kalimdor, the coming of archimonde and corruption of the well of eternity, the culling of the night elves, the start of the scourge.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

It's either Sargeras, who is basically the right hand of "god" and "god's" former main weapon of choice for laying galactic smackdowns.... Orrrrrrr a completely new formerly unheard of force of ambiguous evil a writer concocts out of left field for Rhonin the Red Haired Raptor Legion Commander to lead the charge against. Cause Med'an will still be too young to actually lead and Malfurion will be too busy setting up his hail marry nuke of end all wtfbbq hakzorz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    but there would always be the chance of a new baddie picking up the slack from the demons.
    There must always be... *thunder* a Legion King!

To be honest I think we won't even fight him..maybe talk or even help (not on purpose or maybe cause we need to). Jaden is being built up to be the final demon lord and no doubt he plans on using Sargeras in his weakened state. And then there is the old gods, how many are there? How powerful are they really? And just how much chaos did they cause? They could be the cause of everything that happened to us. The first demon invasion, Deathwing's madness, its even hinted at that even Arthas was affected by Yogg. And even if we do defeat all that there is, always something worse out there....
    Last edited by Landin55; 2012-05-25 at 07:15 PM.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its because hes the guy who started the whole warcraft thing driven mad by the old gods iirc, if we fight him then all evil on azeroth will be gone and the burning legion whom he started will fall
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    People complain that catering to the 1% of players for (mythic) raids is atrocious.

981 page thread about wanting Blizzard to cater to less 1% of the player base is downright giggle worthy.

because blizzard already declared that wow will have only 3 more exp packs (including mop).

then they will release the "titan" project.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notwen View Post
    because blizzard already declared that wow will have only 3 more exp packs (including mop).
    link it or it did not happen

also, false information is false

Quote Originally Posted by notwen View Post

uh.... not true.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Sargeras is the biggest villain in wow, and I believe the pantheon of titans wants us to help them defeat him anyway. The Burning Legion is the greatest threat in the universe, and there would be the best expansion if you could go off into space, since Argus is where Sargeras is located and the Naaru want it back.

I think I perceive Sargeras different to you guys,

The Titans, HUGE unthinking, unemotional, unforgiving beings that care nothing for life for it is too chaotic..

OR

Sargeras, You can say what you like about him, but he understands emotion and his legion is very much alive and growing... his methods may leave a little to be desired but overall perhaps he is just trying to sustain uncontrollable, unpredictable emotional life in the galaxy?

out of the two I prefer Sargeras, I'd rather bend the knee to him than have everything wiped back to rock by the titans thank you very much.

He accepts our hatred because he's the hero Azeroth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Titan.