Noticing some creepy things in D3 playthrough...

So while I was playing through D3 on another character and doing some more exploring, I came across an image of a man in a lake with the moon overheard in the fields of misery in act one. Upon googling this, I was given this link on reddit...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comme...rnate_reality/

Conspiracy theories abound in D3 possibly?

Sorry if this has been linked already, but this thread is insane haha.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Haha, nice!

Gaspard de la Nuit: Scarbo

"This movement depicts the nighttime mischief of a small fiend or goblin, making pirouettes, flitting in and out of the darkness, disappearing and suddenly reappearing. Its uneven flight, hitting and scratching against the walls, casting a growing shadow in the moonlight, creates a nightmarish scene for the observer lying in his bed."

mmm Treasure Goblins??

Ok now im freaked out reading all that but more so after listening to the music backwards(/forwards? lol) Great find man!

Pretty interesting, though not too surprising. Treasure goblins or imps for sure.

That is just brilliant.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft hides a lot of secret stuff aswell, as many people have already showed.

Whne I have the time and i feel in the mood, i'll oprginize all the things I have and make a proper post with them. Some of them are funny, otehrs are creepy or weird, and others are really interesting..

i must say the music is brilliant, the original piano one is linked to diablo, yet blizzard reversed it and put it for ponies.

i find it funny.

like someone in the thread mentioned, i would not be surprised if they had based all of the Diablo series off the poem set.
    especially since Faust at least is a very well known story. it probably started there and began to expand with the other movements of the score.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    like someone in the thread mentioned, i would not be surprised if they had based all of the Diablo series off the poem set.
    especially since Faust at least is a very well known story. it probably started there and began to expand with the other movements of the score.
    I was thinking the same thing. Would not surprise me one bit.

Stuff like this makes my mind excited. When people find stuff that I had no idea even existed.

Though, I do find it hard to believe that Blizzard would even go in to that kind of detail just for people to find. Seems like a lot of unnecessary work for something that barely anyone would even notice?

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post
    Stuff like this makes my mind excited. When people find stuff that I had no idea even existed.

Though, I do find it hard to believe that Blizzard would even go in to that kind of detail just for people to find. Seems like a lot of unnecessary work for something that barely anyone would even notice?
    I disagree. I think blizzard intentionally does stuff like this in their games because a) its fun for a developer and designer to hide minor details like this in the game and b) its even more rewarding to see the conversations raised in the community.

Plus, adding stuff like this increases longevity of the game because people will play to find these hidden treasures and than talk about them after finding them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    I disagree. I think blizzard intentionally does stuff like this in their games because a) its fun for a developer and designer to hide minor details like this in the game and b) its even more rewarding to see the conversations raised in the community.

Plus, adding stuff like this increases longevity of the game because people will play to find these hidden treasures and than talk about them after finding them.
    It's just a female demon hunter, the reason it's there is due to the engine blizzard using have some wonky behaviors with the buffer system.

You can see similar buffer problems in SC2 (not my images)
    http://i.imgur.com/X6wDt.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/mYMgU.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/t8gSZ.jpg

The image is a female demon hunter in blue-dyed armor. http://i.minus.com/ibdzJzQEg4cqws.jpg
    Flip the images and the posture is the same. The moon/banner aren't in the right positions but they are there.

But yes, the Whimsyshire theme is a reversed version of Scarbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post

It is interesting to see how long it will take someone to find it, and they know that once one or a few people do, it will spread via interwebz.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no secret pony level.

I'm not saying there is definitely something with this, but there may be more to it... (Coincidentally, the other poems/author/collection all had California in the top searchers, but couldn't see specifics)

Regardless of what it is (Diablo secrets? Project Titan related?) it is pretty cool that so many fans are so enthusiastic about the series that they are putting time into researching this stuff.

(I don't know if this was found already on those Reddits, but if you think there is something to the Google Trends, feel free to post it there, I don't have an account on that)

Blizzard are quite a fan of the elaborate Easter eggs - a lot of the gear in Cataclysm is based on famous poetry.

Creepy stuff in a Diablo game, nowai.

I've read about this before though, its awesome, i love Blizzard for that kind of stuff.

Sad part is that i know so many people that would freak out about this.