Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Hopefully alot more than there is now lol

10+ Year Old Account
    a ton. There are so many chokepoints and shared quest areas that world pvp will be a constant thing in pandaria. That is until endgame when everyone will have flying again. Blizzard did good by making the leveling experience an entire no fly zone, but you know they'll cave to the whining and release a tomb of pandaria flying like in wrath for alts. It'd be way better if they didn't allow you to fly at all even at level cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    I see many people commenting on A/H ratio on servers. Think twice why are they adding cross-realm zones? Not sure if they are for max level ones, but I could imagine if it works out well they will be made. This makes it easier. And actually, I would rather be on the lower populated side to find more fights Not every horde on the server is coming after you if you attack one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chemicader View Post
    I see many people commenting on A/H ratio on servers. Think twice why are they adding cross-realm zones? Not sure if they are for max level ones, but I could imagine if it works out well they will be made. This makes it easier. And actually, I would rather be on the lower populated side to find more fights Not every horde on the server is coming after you if you attack one.
    They can math, so the likely scenario is that the cross-realm-shard-thing will actually be pretty balanced most of the time.

They figured out how to have instanced PvP without instanced PvP. Not even Guild Wars 2 is going to be able to claim that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Cross-server zones will be a good way encouraging world PvP, if Blizzard manage to balance out the factions in zones. Also, if there are good enough rewards to make it worth the effort, then I could even see myself become interested in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    World PvP is overrated.
    Its not balanced.
    Its not fair.
    It takes long time to get your corpse. You cant ress right away after your first death.

It is fun sometimes but you cant tell me you enjoyed being ganked by someone while questing. Anyways leveling will be on foot. Attack anything you see and there's your wpvp.
    I see someone got ganked and corpsecamped, kudos to your killer!
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

Deleted
    world pvp is better than any bg/arena when it gets going, i hope they is proper rewards for it aswell and new rewards every tier but wont get my hopes up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    They can math, so the likely scenario is that the cross-realm-shard-thing will actually be pretty balanced most of the time.

They figured out how to have instanced PvP without instanced PvP. Not even Guild Wars 2 is going to be able to claim that.
    Hehe, Blizzard sure opened up a lot of possibilities with cross-server zones. It's going to be really interesting to see what else they will do with the new technology, since the amount of players in zones should not be much of an issue, then.

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 09:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    The answer I was looking for was conquest points.

World PvP daily quests/objectives will be rewarding conquest points in MoP.
    This is the change that will truly bring people into this kind of gameplay. It has always baffled me that Blizzard did not think of this before, but at long last they are doing it. I am extremely pleased.

probably the same amount within the community. The only time where we saw a huge increase was the beginning of arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Cross-server zones will be a good way encouraging world PvP, if Blizzard manage to balance out the factions in zones. Also, if there are good enough rewards to make it worth the effort, then I could even see myself become interested in it.
    It's annoying that they have to offer concrete rewards to get people to do it in the first place, but if it works... it works.

I'm still not keen on flight being allowed. I don't think it really adds anything, it just favors some classes over others, and you still have the whole lag/latency thing to deal with. It's not unusual for me to fly past mining nodes, NPCs, etc on a 310% mount because I'm guessing the server isn't transmitting the data fast enough for it to appear ahead of me instead of behind me, and I get a ~35ms ping to Arthas :-/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It's annoying that they have to offer concrete rewards to get people to do it in the first place, but if it works... it works.

I'm still not keen on flight being allowed. I don't think it really adds anything, it just favors some classes over others, and you still have the whole lag/latency thing to deal with. It's not unusual for me to fly past mining nodes, NPCs, etc on a 310% mount because I'm guessing the server isn't transmitting the data fast enough for it to appear ahead of me instead of behind me, and I get a ~35ms ping to Arthas :-/
    The flight problem is more of an issue with flight itself. If a good system existed for mounted combat, this problem would be solved. MoP wants a pokeman mini game? Imagine a real deal for the mount collectors where you collect mounts based on the mount's abilities. You could another toolbar pop up with your mount's abilities and abilities you can use while riding (mounted archery for instance). Mounts could have hitpoints and level with you.

I also was imagining a cool almost cinematic ability that you could dismount in air and jump on another players mount and face smite him! Would'nt that be cool. Some vehicle quests already have that.

Vehicles are another thing. The reason they did not take off is the vehicles in battles are made for you and there is no customization. Imagine buying modules and upgrades for your siege tank off the AH from engineers. Or, in IoC/SoA being able to have an upgraded vehicle because of your engineering knowledge. I would have vehicles permanently destructible and lootable for salvage, though. But, this deviates from our original topic.

The problem with flying combat is the mount/vehicle mechanics themselves.