Opinonis on my thread, TOF

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150111998

I posted this on the official forums. im curious to see what you folks have to say about my suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Øtaku
    Good (insert time of day at your location here)!

I have some grievances with Diablo 3. I think the following suggestions would make the systems mentioned more intuitive and enjoyable for players to use.

First, the Auction house.

1: The Enter key: In the Auction house, pressing enter opens the chat window over the Auction house interface. I think it would be a better idea for it instead to be the same as selecting the search option.

2: Gems: when searching for an item with particular stats (as an example, helms with magic find) the stat bonus provided from gems is included. So, using my example, when looking up a helm with a socket and magic find, every helmet that someone has placed a topaz in shows up. This is quite irritating when looking for a helm rolled natively with good MF, and an open socket (or a socket preloaded with a topaz). I would suggest that stats from sockets NOT be included in the search parameters. (Or, don’t allow items with gems pre-socketed to be auctioned.)

3: An extra Search parameter: players can at times be very picky about the stats they are looking for. When looking for items on the auction house, I’ve found that the 3 options provided don’t allow me to be specific enough in what I’m looking for. (For example, looking for items with +vit, +int, +damage, +IAS or +life steal). Adding another search parameter slot would be a nice addition for players like me who are particular in that way.

4: +damage: when selecting +damage for one of the search parameters, the auction house only chooses +X% damage items. There doesn’t appear to be an option for +X-Y Damage items (such as rings).

5: Sell Tab: it would be nice if the sell tab listed the approximate value of items matching (or closely matching) items being listed, to help normalize the auction house value of items.

Next, Inferno Suggestions

1: Resists: Could the melee classes be possibly given a better conversion rate on intelligence to resists? I was told that as a monk or barb, the resists given by int does not make it a viable stat for them. If the conversion rate was increased for those classes, int would become a viable way for these classes to get the resistance necessary to (at least temporarily) stand toe to toe with mobs in inferno mode.

2: Witch Doctor Minions: Word on the street is that WD Minions are not very useful in Inferno mode. I’m not sure how you could buff minions for inferno without making them overpowered in lower modes, but it might help WD’s in inferno.

Next: the chat interface

Squelch Account: It would be excellent to have this concept from the Diablo 2 interface brought forward to Diablo 3, and to be honest, to World of Warcraft as well.. The way bots work currently, is they make a character, spam the chat channels, then delete that character and make a new one. This allows them to Bypass ignore and continue to spam there gold selling to players. A Squelch account setting would allow us to ignore an account, and avoid this problem.

Next: Real ID and the friend list:

1: Missing commands: I’ve noticed a few options for real ID friends missing from Diablo 3. The 2 I can think of off the top of my head are Real ID broadcasts and “view friends” options. The Real ID Broadcast would be exceptionally useful given the current nature of Diablo 3’s chat system. For example, I could send one broadcast saying “hey I’m going to whimsyshire! Anyone else want to go?”

2: Chat channels: This has been brought up before, but the ability for players to make chat channels (and password them) would be a nice addition. For example, I’d love to have a chat channel for my world of warcraft guild and former guild memebers who are friends of ours.

3: Appear Offline: Another topic that’s come up already. It would be wonderful to have an “Appear Offline” setting for real id. Some days I’m just not feeling social. Sometimes I just want to farm the Oasis. It would be nice to have an “appear offline” setting so I could just not show up on my friends lists. Its awkward seeing “why can’t I auto-join your game” and have to explain to them “no I’m not mad, I just want to solo farm for a bit.”

That’s really all my issues so far (other than the standard launch bugs that I know you folks are currently working out.), and after reading the blue post about making suggestions in a good way, I hope my post accomplishes this.

Thank you for your time!
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150111998

I posted this on the official forums. im curious to see what you folks have to say about my suggestions.
    Specifically on this one...

2: Gems: when searching for an item with particular stats (as an example, helms with magic find) the stat bonus provided from gems is included. So, using my example, when looking up a helm with a socket and magic find, every helmet that someone has placed a topaz in shows up. This is quite irritating when looking for a helm rolled natively with good MF, and an open socket (or a socket preloaded with a topaz). I would suggest that stats from sockets NOT be included in the search parameters. (Or, don’t allow items with gems pre-socketed to be auctioned.)
    I think it very well may be in some cases? I know recently on an alt I was searching for items that had minimum 25 dex, and one had 14 with a dex gem in it.

Honestly it pisses me off to no avail, because I am looking for a good item, not a shitty item with a good gem. Really I would say that items with sockets need to have any gems removed prior to auctioning, similar to how broken items need to be repaired before they can be placed.

A lot of times too people up their price because "hurr i put a gem its now worth more" but honestly I can buy squares for like 800g, I don't need your gems in it.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

If you folks agree with my suggestions in that thread, i'd appreciate helping me keep it about the QQ and general whining that is currently the official forum.

hell, if you DONT agree, please feel free to respond to it on TOF and let me know what you dont agree with, or have a better suggestion for!
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    i'd appreciate helping me keep it about the QQ and general whining
    Possible mistype? or do you want QQ lol
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

ROFL mistype. ABOVE is want i meant, ABOVE the qq.

Only thing I don't agree with is the appear offline function. DND seems to be functionally the same except for hiding, and I don't see a point in hiding that you're online. Maybe that's just me...

Everything else is great though, some really good suggestions there.

Deleted
    I would like everything you listed alot. Except for one. Witch doctors are fine in my opinion. Gargantuar could maybe use a bit of a change but zombie dogs are working as intended. See them as a dps cooldown, possibly in combination with sacrifice. They are not meant to survive completely like they do in normal and nightmare. I personally would rather see the passives buffing pets reworked to something more in the nature of cooldown-style gameplay than seeing pets become more tankish.

Edited the post, I misunderstood "sell tab".

How will sell tab work? It can't compare by name since items with same name can have different stats so different values. Stat comparison may work.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-05-25 at 10:56 PM.