Question Dragon RP Questions

I have a few questions about them:
    1. Are they born with the power, or is it given to them by some higher source?
    2. If they are born with the power, are there any specific requirements (e.i. Parents were Dragons, he/she was blessed, etc.)
    3. Is it possible to make a new Dragonflight, or am i suppoused to work with the ones in lore?
    4. Can other races (Other then Human and Elven) be Dragons?
    | Main RP Character:
    Nidal Shadowdance |
    | While Forum RP'ing:
    Italics = What he's doing currently.
    Non-italics with Quotes = Talking
    Non-Italics without Quotes = Thinking |

Far as I know the Titans gave the dragonflight leaders power, and their brood shares some of it. Dragons come from dragon eggs which are fertilized by dragons. It would get real messy if they impregnated a humanoid.

Dragons are born with certain traits that are akin to the gifts of the Titans given to the aspects, but they have to learn things just like any other race, though that isn't too difficult for them comparatively.

Mortals cannot become dragons. It works the other way around, in a way. Dragons have learned how to transform into mortals, to disguise themselves so as not to cause panic when they walk amongst mortals.

Keep with the in-lore dragonflights. I would also suggest taking a look at dragonlore and other related pages on wowpedia.org, if you really want a dragon.

If you need to ask these questions, namely

2. If they are born with the power, are there any specific requirements (e.i. Parents were Dragons, he/she was blessed, etc.)
    3. Is it possible to make a new Dragonflight, or am i suppoused to work with the ones in lore?
    4. Can other races (Other then Human and Elven) be Dragons?
    I'd say stay away from dragons until you read up on their lore. Humans and Elves aren't dragons. Dragons take the mortal guise of humanoids to conceal their identities and for various other reasons.

Not to be a partybreaker, but you shouldn't jump to roleplaying such a powerful character with barely any knowledge about dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    what the guy with the wierd bomb avatar said

10+ Year Old Account

Dragon RP questions

i've been thinking a little about making a dragon, specifically a red one if that matters, but i have a few questions:

1: just how much control over their given "subjects" do they have (blues magic, red life and so on)?

2: where exactly do dragons live? i know bronze dragons live in Tanaris, and blue ones in the Nexus, but what about the rest?

3: are they free to choose any mortal race as their guise? or are they limited to humans / elfs?

any answers you have would be much apprieciated
    Last edited by Temp name; 2012-06-02 at 01:59 PM. Reason: found the answer to a question on wowpedia, so i edited it out

There's already a thread about this. Merging the two of them.

That being said, greens live in the emerald dream, the reds live in some unnamed mountain chain, and there aren't any black dragons anymore... and they also lived in a mountain chain.

Each dragonflight has a great amount of control over their aspect of nature, but not to the point where it's godlike. For example, blues know a lot about magic, but they don't know everything about it, nor do they have the power themselves to permanently stop others from using magic.

Dragons can choose whatever mortal guise they desire, but they seem to generally be more comfortable with certain ones. For example, netherwing seem to like disguising themselves as goblins and elves. This doesn't stop them from being any of the mortal races, but it is certainly something you should consider.

Also, we don't know how the last usage of the Dragonsoul affected the flights. The Aspects are mortal now mind you.

Creating a new dragonflight is too muhc I'd say. Creating a single new dragon "bastard" would be okay I think but a new flight is just too much.

Considering their powers I'd say dragons grow into it and learn it too, just like mortal races.

And as the others said, the dragons disguise as mortals, no mortals become dragons.