Thread: Burn Scarring

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Burn Scarring

I was at a party a few months ago and I passed out and i woke up with 3 burn marks on my arm aparentally my friends put cigarettes out on my arm. I was wondering what is the chance of permanant scarring. Currently it is soft and pinkish i am putting lemon juice vitaman e and aloe vera on it. Any other things i could use to reduce scarring if there is any. And how long would it be before its permanantly healed

Am i the only one who thinks this is a new form of ad?

Don't know about lemon juice, but vitamin E and aloe vera are good household remedies you can put for the scarring. As for how long it lasts, I can't say. I've seen large burns fade over time and small ones as puckered as they were years ago. All I can say is to keep the area clean (but no vigorous scrubbing, you don't want to peel the newly healing skin over), and just keep applying that Vit. E and Aloe Vera every so often. Also, keep hydrated, something people always overlook.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stonerdude420 View Post
    I was at a party a few months ago and I passed out and i woke up with 3 burn marks on my arm aparentally my friends put cigarettes out on my arm. I was wondering what is the chance of permanant scarring. Currently it is soft and pinkish i am putting lemon juice vitaman e and aloe vera on it. Any other things i could use to reduce scarring if there is any. And how long would it be before its permanantly healed
    I've had some on my hand for years and they look as fresh as the day it happened.

I hope you beat the crap out of your 'friends'.

Deleted
    If the burns are particularly unsightly and serious enough, you may want to consider taking your 'friends' to court. What they did doesn't really seem like something a true friend would ever do.

Gotta be trolling...

First post on new account, and unless you were passed out after shooting a mass amount of heroin, you're not going to sleep through someone burning your flesh off with a cigarette. It's excruciating pain.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    It's possible he has a very high pain threshold.

First off they were kinda getting me back cuz i branded my friends ass and second ive known theese guys all my life so they are real friends we sorta do that kinda stupid shit when we get drunk.

depends on how deep it went.. i get grease burns all the time at work, just kills a couple layers & grows back fine.

Lemon juice encourages scarring and irritation. Use Emu Oil. Google it.

First off they were kinda getting me back cuz i branded my friends ass
    Was he sleeping while you did that too?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

naa actually we tied him to the lightpole and he was awake lol

Why do I always end up on the weird part of the interwebz :\

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Why do I always end up on the weird part of the interwebz :\
    There's a normal part of the interwebz?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how bad the burns were. Honestly, I would say you're stuck with burn marks and horrible friends. Depending on how old you are, it's possible it might not though (if you're past 25, it's almost certainly staying with you.)

Were the burns fully blackened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was at a party a few months ago
    Any remedy you could have done that made a big difference has already come and passed. If you had treated it properly when it happened, it might not scar nearly as much. At this point you can only do long term maintenance. Its been a few months, so whatever it looks like now, it will likely stick at.

No they wernt blackend there is a small depression at the skin where they are at worse they were red around the edges and white in the middle now its pink in the middle and a barely visable ring around it the pink skin in the middle is really visable too it was like no less than 2 months ago I am 16 too

10+ Year Old Account
    no less than 2 months ago I am 16 too
    Less than 2 months ago still sounds like "More than a few days" which is the most important period of time with any injury or wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    There's a normal part of the interwebz?
    Well played good sir, well played.

Deleted
    You need new friends, if you cant pass out in safety with friends they aint friends

---------- Post added 2012-05-26 at 04:21 AM ----------

First off they were kinda getting me back cuz i branded my friends ass and second ive known theese guys all my life so they are real friends we sorta do that kinda stupid shit when we get drunk.
    just saw that post lol. take it like man then and dont whine