Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drew09dalt View Post
    the blue slots? is this correct
    Black slots are the primary ones. Try them.

E: Actually the manual recommends using the blue ones with 2 sticks... weird. With one stick you're supposed to use the blue slot closest to the cpu. Still worth a shot to try the black slots.

thanks mate, gona try and test some lower frequency RAM just incase. At least you have 2 working channels, i am getting the red light off all 4 haha Same to you with the solution thing. cost me £600 and i cant even get a beep out the damn thing

---------- Post added 2012-05-26 at 08:44 AM ----------

the more i look into this, the more i realise MANY people have the same problem....will be staying away from these motherboards from now on

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks mate, gona try and test some lower frequency RAM just incase. At least you have 2 working channels, i am getting the red light off all 4 haha Same to you with the solution thing. cost me £600 and i cant even get a beep out the damn thing

---------- Post added 2012-05-26 at 08:44 AM ----------

the more i look into this, the more i realise MANY people have the same problem....will be staying away from these motherboards from now on

You'll find someone with issues on any motherboard honestly. I would recommend trying a different set of RAM if at all possible. If the second set does not work then I would lean toward the board being bad. If they work, then the Kingston RAM is bad. You also won't here a beep without an internal speaker on Asus 1155 Boards.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    the blue slots? is this correct
    Yes, that is correct. Make sure they are seated correctly...this can be tricky since the Asus slots only have the clasps on one side.

It's also possible you have a DoA board...this is the exact problem I had with my P8P67 Deluxe when I put my PC together in January 2011. I went back to the store for an exchange and the replacement worked perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you said you had an 8-pin power connector that you have 2 4-pin connectors plugged into? Try using only one of the 4-pins... I seem to remember having a similar problem with my build. At any rate this does not seem like a memory issue at all. It sounds more like a power issue.

Deleted
    Did you use the spacers when you seated your motherboard?

Try to reconnect your system panel connectors.

Power issue. You have the 20 + 4 lead plugged in wrong, or are missing the optional 4-8pin connection near the cpu. Not a ram issue.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

For everyone interested, it was a ram issue...p8p67 motherboards won't run certain 1600 MHz ram until bios has updated, so I stuck some old ram in it and it booted updated the bios and stuck my old ram in and once again it booted thanks guys

10+ Year Old Account
    what version bios are you using?

A picture would help I'm sure.