Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Grand Expedition Yak, Mount Previews, Blue Posts, Arena Tournament Finals, Fan Art

Diablo 3 - Witch Doctor Video and Build Diversity, Arena Area Previews, Account Security, Blue Posts

Grand Expedition Yak Mount Preview
    The Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak are sold for 60,000 gold before any discounts in a small village called The Grummle Bazaar, just outside of One Keg in Kun-Lai Summit. The mount is similar to the Reins of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth in that it can hold up to three people, but has two vendors when you summon it.

The Traveling Trader vendor will repair your gear and sell you food, water, a 14 slot bag, and campfire materials. The other vendor is an Arcane Reforger, which allows you to reforge your gear wherever you can mount! The animations aren't done yet, as there is no mountspecial or jumping animation, but you can get a general idea of how it moves in the video below.

Dragon Turtle Mount Preview
    Beta has had several different types of mounts added since we last previewed the models, so tonight we will start with the Dragon Turtle mounts. These are the Pandaren mounts and will be sold by the vendors at the Pandaren camps in Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

Water Strider Mount Preview
    Moving on, we take a look at the Water Strider color variations. Currently, only the Reins of the Azure Water Strider is sold in game by the Anglers faction. It requires Exalted reputation and costs 5,000 gold before discounts.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Arthas Fighting Guards in Orgrimmar?
    Thanks for the report! We’re aware of this issue and are in the process of applying a hotflix so that Arthas and company remain back where they belong. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Compromised Battle.net Accounts and the RMAH
    Take note of this if you ever plan to use the Diablo III Real Money Auction House!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Real Money Auction House
    After the first compromise occurs on a Battle.net account, that account’s access to the Diablo III Real Money Auction House will be restricted until an authenticator is attached. If the account is compromised a second time, access to the Diablo III Real Money Auction House will be permanently revoked.

Arena Junkies Invitational Tournament Finals
    Arena Junkies, together with help from Curse and Alienware, is running the first ever Arena Junkies Invitational Tournament, featuring eight of the best 3v3 teams. These players will battle it out for glory and a chance at $5,000!

The eight teams were broken into two groups of four and will play in a Round Robin format. The top two teams from each group have advanced to face each other and vie for the spot in the Finals. The Finals will take place on Saturday May 26th at 3 PM EST.

Fan Art Update
    The World of Warcraft Fan Art Section has been updated with three new pieces of fan artwork.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-05-26 at 08:46 AM.

nice mounts

Deleted
    [Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak ] costs 60,000 gold without any discount. Confirmed when buying having not done any quests in the area or racial etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
    [Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak ] costs 60,000 gold without any discount. Confirmed when buying having not done any quests in the area or racial etc.
    You did not have the 10% discount from a Guild most likely~desu

~Desu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    You did not have the 10% discount from a Guild most likely~desu

~Desu
    Like I said, 60k with no discount Just giving the base price.

Hopefully that cleared it up. I assumed everyone has the 10% discount from the guild perk.

a mount finally worthy of a gold sink

10+ Year Old Account
    Throw in a sink, and it's perfect! =)

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad now I didn't buy the Mammoth! Now got a new money sink to save towards!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Hopefully that cleared it up. I assumed everyone has the 10% discount from the guild perk.
    Thanks chaud. I haven't joined a guild on beta yet. It also reflects the sell price given of 15k gold (25% of base buy price) for those looking at that on the tooltip.

15+ Year Old Account
    ...Mobile Reforging? /sigh

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    portable reforger = WIN, just add a portable transmog/void storage and I will never go to SW ever again for anything ever.

Deleted
    Maybe a stupid question, but can the Water Strider mount walk over water?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Use: Teaches you how to summon this mount. This mount can walk on water."

so water strider can walk on water, thats nice for classes who cant do it by themself

Deleted
    it really is a great mount. One thing currently, the rider sits just proud of the seat and does not move with the up/down motion of the moving mount which is quite noticeable as the yak trots along and you kind of glide.

One of the most impressive things design wise, is the attention given to the movement sound. It really 'feels' like a purposeful 'trot' as it moves along. Different from the Mammoth, though it appears to share the same animation noise when summoned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Maybe a stupid question, but can the Water Strider mount walk over water?
    I remember seeing a post saying it was able to walk on water. It is a water strider. I'm just wondering if it will be able to go on land? At say the sea turtle land speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    I remember seeing a post saying it was able to walk on water. It is a water strider. I'm just wondering if it will be able to go on land? At say the sea turtle land speed.
    The spell says 60/100% ground speed + Water Walking, so it is pretty safe to assume it will do both. It is compensation for the classes that don't get a glyph or skill to let them ride over water.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
    it really is a great mount. One thing currently, the rider sits just proud of the seat and does not move with the up/down motion of the moving mount which is quite noticeable as the yak trots along and you kind of glide.
    I assume that will be fixed when the animations are done, just like it works now for the mammoth.

It's great that the vendors sell campfire materials. What we really need is retro-mounts that sell stuff we last needed in TBC.

Loving that music, is that part of the new zones? Haven't checked them lately myself due to a certain Demon running around and burning down women and stuff (wait, that was an angel doing that).

Strange though. Did campfires need materials now?