Post message and Edit Post to Delete post?

When I post a message in a thread then immediately hit the "edit post" button i go to the "Delete post" page. This is not a misclick. I click "edit post" and go to the delete post page. BUT WHY?
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Which browser? I can't duplicate it in Firefox.

15+ Year Old Account
    First I'd recommend clearing your cache to make sure that you have no corrupted data there.

If it still happens after that, can you screenshot the exact process?

10+ Year Old Account
    They're the same page. Delete appears at the top, and under it is the editing interface.

whats to screenshot? i click the edit button and then im at the delete post page

i suppose the page it links you to, most pages have delete post then edit under it
    게임 은 어렵~~

15+ Year Old Account
    Screenshot before and after you click, circle the button you click in paint, something like that. The point is to illustrate what happens in case our devs can't replicate it themselves.

Also, which browser are you using, and are you using any browser extensions?

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i suppose the page it links you to, most pages have delete post then edit under it
    you realize those are 2 completely different pages and putting the 2 right next to eachother doesn't show much beyond the claim theyre related?

---------- Post added 2012-05-26 at 04:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Screenshot before and after you click, circle the button you click in paint, something like that. The point is to illustrate what happens in case our devs can't replicate it themselves.

Also, which browser are you using, and are you using any browser extensions?
    using firefox, dont know what browser extensions are

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    you realize those are 2 completely different pages and putting the 2 right next to eachother doesn't show much beyond the claim theyre related?
    This isn't "screenshot or it didn't happen"; the point isn't to "prove" something to us. I'm assuming by good faith that nobody would come here and bother to write about a fake bug, because that would be an utter waste of time.

The point is to show us exactly which page you start at and end up at, and which link you click to get there (hence, circle that link or something).

using firefox, dont know what browser extensions are
    Adblock, noscript, other things that you install to change your browser functionality. Like mods from wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not different pages, unless you see something different than what I see. Is this not the same as what you see?

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    They're not different pages, unless you see something different than what I see. Is this not the same as what you see?
    2 different pages for me. first im in a thread like this then i post the message, then in the bottom middle right i see the "Edit post" button. and then I press that button. then im at a completely different page. and it happens semi randomly to me, so its rather hard to "get lucky" and be taken to the other page
    Last edited by ambigiouslynamed; 2012-05-26 at 08:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 different pages for me. first im in a thread like this then i post the message, then in the bottom middle right i see the "Edit post" button. and then I press that button. then im at a completely different page. and it happens semi randomly to me, so its rather hard to "get lucky" and be taken to the other page
    Oh, I know what you mean now. That happens when the page hasn't fully loaded yet. If you click Edit Post before the page finishes loading, it sends you to the advanced editing page instead of using the quick edit thing that doesn't change the page.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Oh, I know what you mean now. That happens when the page hasn't fully loaded yet. If you click Edit Post before the page finishes loading, it sends you to the advanced editing page instead of using the quick edit thing that doesn't change the page.
    "page hasn't fully loaded yet", the page in the thread where your post went or...? also why does it send you to the advanced edit page? and iv been able to reproduce it and its sends me to a combined delete/edit post page but why is the page combined like that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Please, post a screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post

Deleted
    I can replicate it, and yeah, that's the "advanced edit" page. The "Advanced Edit" page simply has the deletion options at the top, and the editing edit box below those.

Explaination: If you hit the "post quick reply" button, the page is not actually refreshed I believe, but instead a preview of your post is added to the thread view client-side (assumedly to reduce server load). I suppose the "Edit Post" button in this preview post points to the advanced edit page (might be a programming reason).