Deleted

Yorick, some questions

I have some questions about Yorick:
    1) should yorick be ap or ad?
    2) i saw it is used to play top, but can it be played mid?
    3) is it worth buying?

1. AD, but very tanky.
    2. Personally I think there are better mids, but sure.
    3. I loved playing him, so sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner563 View Post
    1. AD, but very tanky.
    Can I use the Vayne runes page for him?

Deleted
    Tanky AD! Stick to top and maybe, there are better champions.

He builds like a bruiser. Manamune and Frozen Heart being 2 key items to give you a balance between tanky, damage, and alleviate his mana issues into mid game. After, it's recommended to get an Atma's Impaler and Trinity Force (or Frozen Mallet) in an order of your choosing based on if you need/want more raw damage (Trinity) or more bruiser capabilities (Atma's, Mallet.) You'll typically get 2 out of 3 in a standard build.

As for runes, AD marks and quints, Armor seals, MR glyphs.

You generally want to go top and just be an absolute brick wall. Yorick is awesome at freezing a lane under his turret and deflecting the enemy.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2012-05-26 at 04:12 PM.

1) He's typically tanky AD due to his passive.
    2) Depends who you are midding against but yes he can.
    3) Go watch some Yorick vids to see if you like how he plays. I personally love him and would play him more often if I didn't like jungling more.

On a side note his ult can be game changing and win you team fights since it would give you an extra carry as well as more time for them to kill someone if they would die.

I feel like I am always playing Yorick wrong. I feel like a useless lumbering oaf who does no damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagula View Post
    I feel like I am always playing Yorick wrong. I feel like a useless lumbering oaf who does no damage.
    I always feel like people highly underestimate my damage, especially with 3 ghouls up. You are fast due to Q, slow them with W and heal with E. Your damage in teamfights is still mostly your carries ghost though, and that should not be underestimated, much like Morde. I build him: Appropriate boots + Manamune + FH or Spirit visage and in any order depending on hwo good you are doing: trinity force, atmogs.

I always build him: Appropriate boots, manamune, trinity (phage first), warmog, atma, then usually more MR because it's is needed at the end. For masteries I have 0-21-9. My runes are arpen reds, flat armor yellows, mr/lvl blues, and flat AD quints. I have enough arpen to ignore the armor on creeps and minions and AD to boost the damage of my ghouls

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) AD but more bruiser
    2) He can be played mid as a counter pick or could jungle but his best role is in top lane
    3) Though I do not play him much anymore, I have to say he is still one of my favourite champions

Deleted
    general build: you'll mostly want an early tear to alleviate mana issues in lane. Glacial shroud+spirit spisage are your early defense items, get what you need the most first (like depends on lane/jungle matchup), and get tier 2 boots somewhere depending on how much you need it (dangerous lane/jungler or both) mercs or tabi will be the boots of choice again depending on lane/jungle matchup. Past those items greatly depends on whether or not your team is winning (press the advantage with more dmg such as finishing manamune/phage), what you're up against (ad reliant means finish that frozen heart/get atmogs, ap reliant means Force of nature preferably) and in general itemize for what role your team needs you to fulfill (dmg, bruiser, tanky).

tips and tricks:

-Q is an autoattack reset; take advantage of it.
    -W is great for scouting; throw that bad boy into bushes or over walls.
    -Ult on your fed carry in team fights will result in amazing dmg output (the only thing worse than a fed vayne is two of them)
    -Ult is a minion that you can control with shift+commands (like tibbers and other minions)
    -your passive makes you surprisingly tanky and hurty when all of your minions are up (ult counts as a minion as well!)
    -don't rush trinity force. It only works when you're stomping, generally you'll want your defensive core first; without it you're way too squishy.
    -ult plus minions lets you take down a tower very fast. Just make sure you either get the tower or wont need your ult in the immediate future
    -teleport is a great summoner for any top lane yorick included
    -yorick loves blue buff if you can get your dead hands on it (mostly relevant if you're blue side and teamed with a mid who doesn't need blue buff all that much (kennen, vlad, morde etc)
    Last edited by mmoc8b01eb860b; 2012-05-27 at 12:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yorick is one of my most-played champs. He belongs in the solo top lane, and can handle the vast majority of typical top lane picks. He does have a couple of VERY hard counters (think Garen, Singed) that can render you useless and forced to farm at your tower until the laning phase is over.

AD reds, armor yellows, magic resist per level blues, and AD quints is the rune page of choice.

I always start Meki pendant + pots for mega-sustain and harass. You want to gain lane dominance early (which will almost always happen with aggressive use of your E).

Depending on your last-hitting, your first trip back should (ideally) be for boots, tear, and a ward or two plus more pots. Continue your farm, rank 1 of your Q will help w/ tough last hitting and will charge that TotG up quickly.

Your second trip back is for a Glacial Shroud (if vs. AD) or a Spirit Visage (vs. AP), finish boots, and more wards.

So with boots, appropriate defensive item, and your TotG, you're basically unkillable against almost any top laner. Now its time to upgrade into a Manamune...and from there you finish your core by making a Frozen Heart.

The rest of your build will be determined largely by what your team needs and where the enemies are strongest. If you need to be the tank/initiator, I recommend the following end game goal: (note I only bother w/ 5 major items, if you get to your 6th item the game is long, I typically grab TriForce, but this rarely happens)

Boots 2
    Manamune
    Frozen Heart
    Atma's
    Warmog's
    Force of Nature OR Banshee's Veil OR Guardian Angel

If your jungler is tanky or doing a lot of the initiating, it could look like this:

Boots 2
    Manamune
    Frozen Heart
    Frozen Mallet
    Atma's
    Warmogs

...you get the idea...lots of flexibility as you progress from mid game to late game.

edit: oops, forgot about Sheen. This should fit in somewhere.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have Yorick, and agree with much that has been posted. Some things to note that I've noticed while I've had him though is that he's extremely squishy early game, his basic attack is relatively weak and slow, while his abilities are on a pretty lengthy cooldown. Like posted prior, lane dominance and sustain is your goal as Yorick, you're not really going to get many kills on your own unless you're going solo top or you're getting fed.

If standing in a lane, harassing and sustaining doesn't sound like fun, I wouldn't recommend him.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    4) Yes he is really fucking annoying making people want to uninstall the game :/

Buy him if you want, but from playing him and playing vs him I can say that all he does is make the game boring for both top lane players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    4) Yes he is really fucking annoying making people want to uninstall the game :/

Buy him if you want, but from playing him and playing vs him I can say that all he does is make the game boring for both top lane players.

Boring? Really?

Boring is the last word I'd used to describe playing as or against Yorick.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Boring? Really?

Boring is the last word I'd used to describe playing as or against Yorick.
    I dunno why you would think it is fun to get ghouls in the face no matter what you do. He just sits there untouchable throwing ghouls in the face as long as he has enough mana, whatever you do that´s what gonna happen. Maybe you can sustain the damage, maybe you´ll have to recall. But for most champions the best you can hope for is a farm lane along with some jungler ganks.

He´s the most frustrating top laner to face imo. Kinda like the Leblanc of top lane. I´ve only played him a few times when he was free, but he was pretty boring to play. I find champions that encourage you to trade as often as possible to be more fun, feels like the more skilled player will win the trades and eventually snowball the lane, playing vs Yorick is nothing like that.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    He´s the most frustrating top laner to face imo. Kinda like the Leblanc of top lane. I´ve only played him a few times when he was free, but he was pretty boring to play. I find champions that encourage you to trade as often as possible to be more fun, feels like the more skilled player will win the trades and eventually snowball the lane, playing vs Yorick is nothing like that.
    That's really Yorick's game though. Sit in the lane for forever and not trade kills/deaths with the other team. As explained prior, if that isn't your style, don't go with Yorick, he can be rather 'boring' in that regard.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    That's really Yorick's game though. Sit in the lane for forever and not trade kills/deaths with the other team. As explained prior, if that isn't your style, don't go with Yorick, he can be rather 'boring' in that regard.
    I think the Yorick "style" is really to harass the hell out of your top lane opponent. If they decide to engage you, you're with the HP advantage and will almost certainly win. Even if they get away, you still force them to go back. If they do not engage you, they're eventually going back anyway.

At this time, you can counter jungle and try to grab their blue/red, make a quick trip down to mid for a possible kill, or simply freeze the lane at your tower and start the process all over.

But hey, I'm not trying to convince anyone to play Yorick (the fewer, the better for me).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf01 View Post
    I have some questions about Yorick:
    1) should yorick be ap or ad?
    2) i saw it is used to play top, but can it be played mid?
    3) is it worth buying?
    1. Tanky dps. (I prefer Manamune, Boots of choice, spirit visage, Frozen heart, Trinity, Warmog/Banshee/Sunfire).
    2. One of the best top laners in game. Really hard to beat. can be played mid. Beats most mages, forces your mage to jungle or go top.
    3. Yes.