View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gohan

70 58.82%
  • Sephiroth

49 41.18%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I would go for Sephiroth. Both have superhuman speed, strength and magic but Sephiroth can heal faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    I would go for Sephiroth. Both have superhuman speed, strength and magic but Sephiroth can heal faster.
    Misconception, Gohan does not possess any magical abilities.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Totes went for Sephy, goodlooking people never lose anything

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Thread needs more activity (=not on page 2) otherwise this official showdown tourney becomes useless.
    I feel that there would be more discussion if there were more balanced fights. As it is, there's one interesting character, and an OP character that's impossible to fight against. Galacticus, DBZ characters, etc. It's difficult to find any reason as to why they'd lose, so discussion is limited.

Voted Gohan. zzz

Gohan is fast enough to dodge anything Sephiroth dishes out.

Gohan destroys Sephiroth about 10 times over with a One Handed Kamehame-ha.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I have a feeling laurcus was very involved with the nomination thread.
    Not his fault DBZ characters are so loved. He got ten votes like everyone else. The thread was open for over a month for nominations and was open to everyone. I also would of liked to see less DBZ characters(coming from someone with a DBZ avatar), but to blame one person is silly. People just nominated them.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I feel that there would be more discussion if there were more balanced fights. As it is, there's one interesting character, and an OP character that's impossible to fight against. Galacticus, DBZ characters, etc. It's difficult to find any reason as to why they'd lose, so discussion is limited.

Voted Gohan. zzz
    Then why didn't you do this under your own stipulations for the years MMO has been up? I'm getting annoyed with all these kinds of arguments towards the contest. People should of done it themselves then. At least some people got together, weren't lazy and are doing it by their own standards so we have some fun. Have fun with it people, look at Caiada for example, he's going wild with it. It's great.

Use your imagination and keep their personalities in mind. Regardless if one character is more powerful or not, it could still be a great fight. Revan Vs Batman for example. Just imagine in your head for a second Sephiroth in his ultimate form fighting Gohan using a solar system as a playground? How is that not cool...

OT: Ah well, I just thought this would be a colossal battle in my head. Gohan has a history of being stronger(even by a large margin) then his opponents and losing without the help of his father. It's a pretty big flaw I think that Sephiroth could exploit somehow. In regards to diversity Sephiroth has Gohan beat with the various magics he has at his disposal. In sheer power and speed Gohan has the advantage. But does every warrior always beat a wizard? No.

Sephiroth casts slow on gohan and haste on himself. There goes gohan's light speed advantage. That kind of stuff. Who's to say Gohan is resistant to magic totally? There is no proof of this in the show for him. Like there is for Vegeta(Z) or Goku(GT). If Sephiroth gets the first attack, which Gohan would most likely give him because he does not like to fight, he has a decent chance in my opinion. After reading this thread I still don't know who to vote for.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-05-30 at 07:19 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Sephiroth comes back from the dead all the time

that bitch cheats

plus gohan totally turned bitchmade after the end of the cell saga

Sephiroth doesn't win, but he does not lose either. So I vote Sephiroth.
    Sunglasses and Advil, last night was mad real. Sun coming up, 5 a.m., I wonder if they got cabs still?
    Thinking 'bout the girl in all leopard who was rubbing the wood like Kiki Shepherd
    Two tattoos: one read "No Apologies". The other said "Love is Cursed by Monogamy"

I think it would depend on if Gohan's friends etc were threatened, as awesome as Gohan is, and the end of the Cell Games Saga is some of my favourite DBZ/Anime ever, he tends to be a bit of a wuss until he does snap.

I'm not sure in "just a duel" if Gohan would use his full power, especially against an opponent like Sephiroth it would probably be too late before Gohan did start to use his full power.

If Sephiroth had pwnd some of the other Z fighters, and had pre cast Meteor which was minutes from destroying the eath, Gohan would snap right away and would win hands down.

but I think if it was just a friendly duel, Gohan would underestimate Sephiroth and not want to fight him.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Addendum to my previous post: I don't really understand how anyone that actually knows both characters could possibly think this fight would take longer than an instant. I feel I know my Sephiroth lore better than most, and I don't think Sephiroth would stand a chance in hell against someone as weak as Nail. And well, I can't even think of a simple way to compare mystic Gohan to Nail without using the words universe and ant, or numbers most people have never heard of.

I guess, to use an example most people here would be familiar with. It's kind of like an insect or small cuddly animal trying to punch out Deathwing. Except that's giving Nail way too much credit. Multiply Deathwing's power by a billion and that's still too much credit for Nail actually. Power scaling in DBZ essentially takes a turn for the insane after the first few seasons.
    How do you know Gohan is resistant to Sephiroths magics though? Next to just cause hes powerful. That's what's stopping me. Sure Vegeta and Goku can but I think they each had special circumstances and personalities. Vegeta has his pride which makes him never lose himself to Babidi. Goku reaches SSJ4 which negates the magic of shenron(Gohan never reaches this level). What does Gohan have as proof next to ACTUALLY BEING TIME STOPPED through magic and not be able to break free by Guldo? We both know Gohan isn't going to make the first move in this fight (he never does) so Sephiroth has that going for him. Cast slow and Gohan's speed is dwarfed. Cast haste on himself. Cast heal on himself if he gets hurt. It seems to me like he has a lot of options.

Also, since when does Gohan immediately go for the kill in an instant like your saying? Never has that been in his personality. He would spar with Sephiroth at least and feel him out first. Which could get him in trouble.

The one thing i cant see Sephiroth doing though is seriously injuring gohan. Even his ultimate blast would not have enough power to overwhelm Gohan's defenses and kill him. Sephiroth would have to drain Gohan's energy first over time. I don't think he can buy himself that much time though with his magics. Just some until Gohan just goes all out with a Ki-blast and blasts him to oblivion.

Voting for Gohan.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-05-30 at 08:01 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

I feel like people don't understand the overpowered nature of DBZ character's. To be completely honest, I love when people say "I'm voting Sephiroth because A)DBZ sucks B)He's cooler C)I don't want Gohan to win" because at the very least they are being honest. No one said vote based on strength, w/e the fuck, you can be bias.

But dude, don't sit here and try to debate whether or not Sepiroth even holds a candle to Gohan... because that's just ridiculous. I would much rather read a post stating all the reasons you think dbz is stupid, than read personal, convoluted fanfics where characters like Link, Sepiroth, a random crocodile or fucking Tinkerbell don't get smashed in an instant.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Then why didn't you do this under your own stipulations for the years MMO has been up? I'm getting annoyed with all these kinds of arguments towards the contest. People should of done it themselves then. At least some people got together, weren't lazy and are doing it by their own standards so we have some fun. Have fun with it people, look at Caiada for example, he's going wild with it. It's great.
    I'm not trying to say "This tournament sucks, you all should stop talking!!!oneone", what I'm saying is that it's annoying to have the great concept of pitting characters that I know and love against one another (and debate it among my fellow MMO-Champ community)...it's annoying to have what amounts to a level 30 WoW character fighting a level 85. That's what I'm voicing. If it was close, my lips would be sealed (well, actually I'd be furiously defending my opinion as to who would win).

Looking back at our contest so far, we have:
    - Goku (don't need to articulate)
    - Vegeta (don't need to articulate)
    - Gohan (don't need to articulate)
    - Galactus (a being that devours planets, can molecularly reconstruct matter, teleport, telekinesis, etcetcetcetc)
    - Remilia (someone who can flat out determine someone's fate (as an aside how the hell did she not win not only that fight, but the entire contest?!? All she has to do is make them die before they show up, and gg), manipulate blood, etc.)

Please tell me how someone, say, Link, could legitimately win in a fight against these characters. We'd have to bust out the Triforce wishing to do so (something that I feel is cheating, (as is the Dragon Balls, for that matter), but that's irrelevant). Or Edward Elric? Samus? You get my point.

Why didn't I do it before? Because I hadn't thought of it. Why are you annoyed with people voicing their opinions? Especially when we're voicing the fact that fights are incredibly unbalanced? Putting bias aside, he still couldn't touch Gohan. Just like Galacticus versus Gandalf the White. Or Link versus Goku. Even if I loooooved Link, and haaaaaated Goku, I can't legitimately argue that Link could win. There needs to be some semblance of balance here.

And another thing that really annoys me about this contest: I'm seeing an alarming amount of blatant bias in the voting. Things such as "I hate Gohan, so I voted Sephiroth". Even if, for some reason, you absolutely hate a character, at least make a logical conclusion as to why that person would win. Yes, I am well aware that we can't defend against such nonsense, but still. It's really annoying.

Use your imagination and keep their personalities in mind. Regardless if one character is more powerful or not, it could still be a great fight. Revan Vs Batman for example. Just imagine in your head for a second Sephiroth in his ultimate form fighting Gohan using a solar system as a playground? How is that not cool...
    I could write a 100 page fanfiction about the fight, but ultimately it comes down to the fight, and (so far, at least), it hasn't been close. People that can destroy galaxies, versus mere mortals? In reality, Gohan would fly out of range, fire a huge attack, and win. That simple. That is not that entertaining.

OT: Ah well, I just thought this would be a colossal battle in my head. Gohan has a history of being stronger(even by a large margin) then his opponents and losing without the help of his father. It's a pretty big flaw I think that Sephiroth could exploit somehow. In regards to diversity Sephiroth has Gohan beat with the various magics he has at his disposal. In sheer power and speed Gohan has the advantage. But does every warrior always beat a wizard? No.
    While it's true that Gohan can "feed off" his father's support, Sephiroth is ultimately evil, and Gohan is a "pure, innocent" kid. Good versus evil, etc. That's all he needs for motivation, really.

Sephiroth casts slow on gohan and haste on himself. There goes gohan's light speed advantage. That kind of stuff. Who's to say Gohan is resistant to magic totally? There is no proof of this in the show for him. Like there is for Vegeta(Z) or Goku(GT). If Sephiroth gets the first attack, which Gohan would most likely give him because he does not like to fight, he has a decent chance in my opinion. After reading this thread I still don't know who to vote for.
    Of course, this is mere speculation, but I would venture to think that Senzu Beans would restore Gohan to his original state, nullifying Slow, at least. I don't see Haste itself bringing Sephiroth the speed advantage.

The one thing i cant see Sephiroth doing though is seriously injuring gohan. Even his ultimate blast would not have enough power to overwhelm Gohan's defenses and kill him. Sephiroth would have to drain Gohan's energy first over time. I don't think he can buy himself that much time though with his magics. Just some until Gohan just goes all out with a Ki-blast and blasts him to oblivion.
    While I'm sure that Gohan would be able to defend himself against any "magical" attack, I don't think he's impervious to swords, specifically being decapitated. That, I feel, is Sephiroth's best bet...but how, exactly, would he pull that off, when Gohan has the speed advantage (and Sephiroth can't fly, can he? I don't think so, anyway... it's been a while).

It's late, and I'm rambling. I hope that all made sense.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2012-05-30 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    How do you know Gohan is resistant to Sephiroths magics though? Next to just cause hes powerful. That's what's stopping me. Sure Vegeta and Goku can but I think they each had special circumstances and personalities. Vegeta has his pride which makes him never lose himself to Babidi. Goku reaches SSJ4 which negates the magic of shenron(Gohan never reaches this level). What does Gohan have as proof next to ACTUALLY BEING TIME STOPPED through magic and not be able to break free by Guldo? We both know Gohan isn't going to make the first move in this fight (he never does) so Sephiroth has that going for him. Cast slow and Gohan's speed is dwarfed. Cast haste on himself. Cast heal on himself if he gets hurt. It seems to me like he has a lot of options.

Also, since when does Gohan immediately go for the kill in an instant like your saying? Never has that been in his personality. He would spar with Sephiroth at least and feel him out first. Which could get him in trouble.

Voting for Gohan.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIJ-JMzkL90

Perfectly good example of Gohan just outright killing his opponent. Gohan isn't Goku, he doesn't like to fight. If anything, Gohan doesn't usually go straight for the kill because he wants to torture his opponent. We see this both with Cell and Buu. I don't know if Gohan is resistant to magic or not, but I don't think it'd matter. And Guldo's time freeze is not based on magic, it is yet another application of energy. Even with haste/slow, I don't see Sephiroth as being faster than Gohan. Historically speaking, in Final Fantasy haste has always been +50-100% speed depending on which game you look at, while slow usually cuts speed in half. Even with Sephiroth's speed doubled and Gohan's speed cut in half I still think Gohan would be faster.

According to the Daizenshuu SS3 gives 4 times as much power as SS2. Goku was already stronger than Gohan as a SS2 yet Gohan was stronger than Goku as Mystic. That means Mystic is more than a x4 increase. If you think Gohan was faster than Sephiroth as a SS2, then even with slow/haste Gohan would be even faster as Mystic. I would like to point out though that the energy shield technique can be used to block magic, as Vegito uses it to prevent Buu from absorbing him.

---------- Post added 2012-05-30 at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post

While I'm sure that Gohan would be able to defend himself against any "magical" attack, I don't think he's impervious to swords, specifically being decapitated. That, I feel, is Sephiroth's best bet...but how, exactly, would he pull that off, when Gohan has the speed advantage (and Sephiroth can't fly, can he? I don't think so, anyway... it's been a while).

It's late, and I'm rambling. I hope that all made sense.
    Well, considering Gohan couldn't be cut by Cell's destructo discs, and Trunks couldn't be cut by Tapion's sword when Cold uses it against him, I just don't see a sword being an issue.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post
    I feel like people don't understand the overpowered nature of DBZ character's. To be completely honest, I love when people say "I'm voting Sephiroth because A)DBZ sucks B)He's cooler C)I don't want Gohan to win" because at the very least they are being honest. No one said vote based on strength, w/e the fuck, you can be bias.

But dude, don't sit here and try to debate whether or not Sepiroth even holds a candle to Gohan... because that's just ridiculous. I would much rather read a post stating all the reasons you think dbz is stupid, than read personal, convoluted fanfics where characters like Link, Sepiroth, a random crocodile or fucking Tinkerbell don't get smashed in an instant.
    I could actually do the last part here (again, I legitimately think that the only non-Superman person in this contest who could beat Sephiroth is Goku), but honestly, after doing it in the last.... 4 or so? of these, I've realized it's not just unfun for me, it actually makes me want to avoid these threads. So obviously, I'm not going to do that. Writing is fun for me, so that's what I do, and I think my reasons are just as legitimate as theoretical math.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I could actually do the last part here (again, I legitimately think that the only non-Superman person in this contest who could beat Sephiroth is Goku), but honestly, after doing it in the last.... 4 or so? of these, I've realized it's not just unfun for me, it actually makes me want to avoid these threads. So obviously, I'm not going to do that. Writing is fun for me, so that's what I do, and I think my reasons are just as legitimate as theoretical math.
    That was aimed more at trolls who make up ridiculous conclusions with incredible bias (the very start of the trend imo was frieza vs mewtwo...), not so much your post. I actually read it and enjoyed it. I completely disagree but at least you show passion in something and aren't arrogantly flaunting bs
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post

I said Gohan would win... I'm assuming that was towards my post since it came right after and the thread was inactive for awhile. I was just curious if Sephiroth's magic could effect gohan, never did I say he would win. Question was answered in a nice way by Laurcus. I thought we were having a discussion... my bad I guess. And at least I brought up the topic of his magic to talk about... better then just being like well this fight's OP again, Gohan, no discussion required. I was trying to get maybe a little more discussion going on was all, which happened. Was just playing devil's advocate a bit, even though I knew Gohan would win.

And I owe you an apology Icedwarrior I was grumpy the other night when I came into the thread which was a mistake, I totally get where your coming from. I'm just saying I'm sure there will be another one of these in the future, without 3 different OP DBZ people. Let's just try to have fun with these in the meantime.

Also, just a side fact because it was mentioned. Senzu beans pretty much lose there effect on the strong DBZ fighters around the time of the Android saga. Vegeta who ends up being one of the weakest stronger fighters in the Cell saga, needed 2 to restore getting his but kicked by 18. By the time Buu saga rolls around, they aren't even used anymore on strong people to my memory. I'd imagine because the fighters would need like 5-10 each but they are extremely rare and hard to grow.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-05-31 at 12:55 AM.

Gohan wins, new ones up soon.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds