Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Diablo 3, cultists and various humanoids

Hello!
    First off i want to say that this is a serious topic, and i really need help/information about this, and i hope people would take a step back from trolling this thread! - thank you!

I got a friend of mine who is against everything there is about taking a persons life within a game (so he basicly refuse to kill humans within games, as he believes it's as bad as killing a human in real life) which has ofcourse limited the games that he play.

(He base this upon his own opinion and beliefs and has nothing as far as im aware to do with anything religious)

i know of the humanoid thieves in act 1, surrounding the girl and that is just a minor problem i could easily help him go past.

the real problem right now is various other humanoids he may encounter like the cultists..ive tried google abit, but havent found alot of information about these.. i found a 3d model of these and pointed out they had green eyes as he base these things alot on the looks humanoids have ingame.

like "if it look like a human, it might be a human" and he feel really bad when he accidently kills a humanoid in other games.

He is very keen on playing diablo, but don't want to buy the game before he's sure he's actually able to play it.
    He have also managed to solve these things in games by editing models etc in the past, im not sure how blizzard looks at that tho, or if it is even possible..

Open for any information help on this issue, as im very unsure how to go ahead with this..

thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Easiest way would be sugesting scrabble or sudoku if your friend is such a pacyfist. If you want to play diablo with him just pretend that cultist are demons taking form of humans to misguide mortals. Or something like that.

A lot of them are demons in disguise. Some of them are humans though.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Murreh View Post
    Hello!
    First off i want to say that this is a serious topic, and i really need help/information about this, and i hope people would take a step back from trolling this thread! - thank you!

I got a friend of mine who is against everything there is about taking a persons life within a game (so he basicly refuse to kill humans within games, as he believes it's as bad as killing a human in real life) which has ofcourse limited the games that he play.

(He base this upon his own opinion and beliefs and has nothing as far as im aware to do with anything religious)

i know of the humanoid thieves in act 1, surrounding the girl and that is just a minor problem i could easily help him go past.

the real problem right now is various other humanoids he may encounter like the cultists..ive tried google abit, but havent found alot of information about these.. i found a 3d model of these and pointed out they had green eyes as he base these things alot on the looks humanoids have ingame.

like "if it look like a human, it might be a human" and he feel really bad when he accidently kills a humanoid in other games.

He is very keen on playing diablo, but don't want to buy the game before he's sure he's actually able to play it.
    He have also managed to solve these things in games by editing models etc in the past, im not sure how blizzard looks at that tho, or if it is even possible..

Open for any information help on this issue, as im very unsure how to go ahead with this..

thanks.
    O_O really? I mean really?! It's just pixels... Honestly, he might aswell be hitting the air - it's the same.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

@Arrashi - I value your insight, and as you say such games might be more suited, but then i again, i wasnt really asking for other games that he can play, but merely a way around it in diablo 3.

And perhaps i wasn't clear enough, but he got a problem with anything that looks human, so to imagine that they are demons doesn't help alot here sadly.

@Venziir - That's what i believe and think obviously, but i respect him for thinking otherwise, even if it might sound abit silly to someone else.

edit: ok replied come faster than i manage to reply haha..

Deleted
    There is little human left in them. They are completely deranged and corrupted. As you've said, they have glowing eyes, also some artworks show them with mouths glowing green. Also, their right hands are demonic claws, both in artworks and in-game. They are demonic enough to kill without remorse or regret.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say no. Editing the models is most likely out since it is on Blizz servers (I don't know much about that stuff...that is my thought on that tho), and there really are several humanoid mobs in game. Unfortunately going all Ghandi on most video game antagonists does not work...although hunter Feign Death and pally bubble hearth are some good examples of passive resistance.
    "Brevity is...wit"

15+ Year Old Account
    Some of the cultists will turn into demons if you leave them alone long enough. Isn't that proof enough that they're demons in human disguise? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    There is little human left in them. They are completely deranged and corrupted. As you've said, they have glowing eyes, also some artworks show them with mouths glowing green. Also, their right hands are demonic claws, both in artworks and in-game. They are demonic enough to kill without remorse or regret.
    The claws is something ive missed, and is certainly something im going to check for sure! as that obviously doesn't look human at all. Thanks!

@Eis i would think so, but he base most of this upon looks, which is the problem..but ive gotten some ideas above that im going to check!

appreciate the fast answers!

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this I dont even ...

Hello!

thanks.
    Yeah the way around it is dont buy the game.

Its about slaughtering wave after wave of demons and their minions (sometimes human) if he doesn't have the capability to separate his empathy for human beings and pixels in a game then i think your friend has some bigger problems.

IE. lack of balls

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjobs View Post
    Yeah the way around it is dont buy the game.

Its about slaughtering wave after wave of demons and their minions (sometimes human) if he doesn't have the capability to separate his empathy for human beings and pixels in a game then i think your friend has some bigger problems.

IE. lack of balls
    i think you have misunderstood or skipped half my first post, a matter of buying/not buying the game is not what im asking for here, im simply trying to find a solution so that my friend can join the rest of us playing.

i think you have misunderstood or skipped half my first post, a matter of buying/not buying the game is not what im asking for here, im simply trying to find a solution so that my friend can join the rest of us playing.
    There is no solution.
    This game is about killing things, and a part of them is humanoid.

Cultists are humans. Sorry.

They have given in to darker powers that end up corrupting their corporeal bodies (as well as their souls) and give them demonic powers. Eventually this corruption takes over so much that they give their bodies completely to demonic possession, and that is what you see when they "turn into" demons.

What I would suggest to you is to stop trying to get your friend to play a game he obviously doesn't want to. Interact with him in another way. I know you are super into Diablo 3 right now and want all of your friends to join you, but you need to accept your friend for who he is. You need to find something non-game related to enjoy together.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeyn View Post
    Cultists are humans. Sorry.

They have given in to darker powers that end up corrupting their corporeal bodies (as well as their souls) and give them demonic powers. Eventually this corruption takes over so much that they give their bodies completely to demonic possession, and that is what you see when they "turn into" demons.

What I would suggest to you is to stop trying to get your friend to play a game he obviously doesn't want to. Interact with him in another way. I know you are super into Diablo 3 right now and want all of your friends to join you, but you need to accept your friend for who he is. You need to find something non-game related to enjoy together.
    i see what youre saying here, but he just as much as me want to play the game, he's just unsure about these humanoid models, and if there's a way around them like there have been in other games

Well, Humans are only in certain areas. If you wanted to go through the hassle, which it seems like you do, you could play through once on normal, make note of the areas with "humans" and just have him skip those quests. You do them, finish that area, and have him join your game once you are past that part. Will take a little time, and he may be under-leveled a bit at parts, but it seems do-able to me. He may also have to grind the quests before those areas a couple tiems to keep up with gear/gold and levels, but seems possible to me.

For those of you just telling him he is lame, or shouldn't play, give the guy a break, there are ways around it if you think about it. Different strokes for different folks, no reason to put him down.

I would say there is no real way to get 'around' killing humanoids in the game (Some are bosses), and if he is just against the idea of killing humanoids in game (no matter the reason) then I have to say he won't be enjoying the game.

In the lore, there are 'reasons' to kill the humanoids to get to through the story but if he is just against the idea( I think its a respectable principle ) then I don't know what to say.

Some normal monsters you can completely ignore from killing until they 'turn', but there are a few unique/boss monsters that are humanoid that you have to kill (The dude right before belial, maghda is pretty humanoid, and to get through the zoltan kulle questline you have to kill a humanoid unique monster and arguably zoltan kulle himself is humanoid (although he is more closer to undead in my opinion)
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2012-05-26 at 08:49 PM.

No, it's best if he just doesn't buy the game because some humanoids are unavoidable. It may not be the answer you wanted to here though, there are plenty of other games to play though.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I'm gonna go ahead and apply that rule right about meow.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're serious OP then there's something completely wrong with your friend if he can't see that it's just pixels and have nothing to do with real life. I suggest you stop trying to help him since I seriously doubt that it's gonna help him in the long run to be encouraged to stick to those crazy beliefs.