Using the Blacksmith? (Lv. 10)

Should I invest in using the Blacksmith for Inferno gear? I've gotten a few Exalted plans for him that dropped off random mobs during my Butcher farming runs, but I'm just wondering if the cost is even worth it, vs continuing farming Warden/Butcher.

I'm trying to get geared for Act II, and looking at my basic stats, I'm unsure if I'm ready as a Barb.

Basic stats:

44K HP
    11k DPS unbuffed, 15k with Battle Rage active.
    All resists at 400-500 with War Cry active.
    73.7% Damage Reduction.

Now I stand, the lion before the lambs... and they do not fear... They cannot fear...

I wrote down Kripparian's stats from when I was watching him solo act two. I don't know if this will help but it should show a minor guideline?

Str: 798
    Dex: 450
    Int: 455
    Vit: 1026 (46k health)
    Armor: 8109 (unsure if this is with the 15% Armor Buff from the Enchantress follower or not)
    Damage: 7558
    Resistances: 900 on everything
    Block Chance: 42%

The recording of what I watched is here: http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp/b/319057181

You are better off saving that money and using it on the AH. Unless you have 4-5m gold to throw around, high end BSing isnt worth the investment. For shits and giggles, I spent 3m on a BSing drop plan and got 2 items that were actually worth putting on the AH, the rest was salvaged. No, I didnt make what I spent, one shield went for 1.5m the other was a high dex with no resists and no vitality that went for 400k.That was after posting them both 3 times.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2012-05-26 at 10:35 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blacksmith might be usefull for alt later on but for now its pretty much useless
    you can get far better in the AH for less gold

Quote Originally Posted by deadjack View Post
    Blacksmith might be usefull for alt later on but for now its pretty much useless
    you can get far better in the AH for less gold
    This exactly. When you start levelling up other character it'll come in handy for easier access to relevant items, but until that happens you're better off spending your coin at the auction house.

Don't touch BS unless it's hardcore mode.