Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Fundie feminism, not even once.

cougars are older women 40s-50s. who date younger men, 20s-30s. honestly these women are more attractive than girls my age (im 22).
    ggg

Deleted
    Tbh, from my experience, the "master key vs shitty lock" thing that's getting thrown around nowadays is not very accurate... A guy that's a player is just as looked down upon as a girl who's a sl*t <.< Same with the age difference, for me, I'd say whatever floats your boat, but most of my friends would say that both men and women who date people half their age are doing it wrong =P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think a 16 year-old could be a cougar, unless she's attracted to like... infants.

But I don't understand what the big deal is here. Cougar may have a bad stigma among some people, but not for anyone I've ever met. People probably make fun of them, just like people like cracking jokes about Hugh Hefner.

Word meanings change. Faggot used to mean a bundle of sticks. Not so anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but being a teenage boy you want to hump any woman that you can. Friends, teachers, movie stars you name it.
    Yeah, I am pretty sure i would have been willing to get it on with a tree if it was curvy enough at that age. I went with 19 to keep the genie in the bottle that is older women sleeping with underage boys. Don't want to touch that.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Her best friends wanted to take boys younger than themselves (much younger ... two entire grades younger) to the prom.
    No. 2 years is not much younger. You wouldn't think anything of someone 40 dating someone 38.

Also, as you spell out yourself, "cougar" isn't solely about dating someone younger, but the intent of where that date might go.

tearing them apart (emotionally, physically, sexually, whatever) with their vicious metaphorical sharp teeth and claws.
    These 16 year old girls do not have this in mind for during/after the prom. They are simply ignoring societies outdated 'taboos' and going to prom with the person they WANT. Jennifer Conlin used the term wrong. . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    I don't think a 16 year-old could be a cougar, unless she's attracted to like... infants.

But I don't understand what the big deal is here. Cougar may have a bad stigma among some people, but not for anyone I've ever met. People probably make fun of them, just like people like cracking jokes about Hugh Hefner.

Word meanings change. Faggot used to mean a bundle of sticks. Not so anymore.
    It still refers to a cigarette in most English speaking countries.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

A bit too young for that to apply. I mean a 24 year old dating a 23 year old isn't considered a cougar either, right?

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    If man Dates a much younger girl he is given high fives. but when he leaves everyone else mocks him. Words like mid and life and crisis are used and he is not taken seriously.

If a woman dates a younger man i would assume the same thing happen. "Damn good job girlfriend," followed by "Hell, can you believe Jenny is dating that BOY. what the hell?"

Not going to even touch the man slut issue. that is a whole 48 page topic in of itself.
    If a Woman masturbates she is sexy and empowered if a man does it he is pathetic.
    If a woman ones sex toys she is in control of her sex life. If a man owns sex toys he is creepy.
    If a woman fails to achieve orgasm it is the mans fault. If a man fails to achieve orgasm there is something wrong with him.
    If a woman waits until marriage to have sex she is waiting for the right guy. If a man waits until marriage to have sex he just cant get any.

There are plenty of double standards and women aren't always on the losing end.

Quote Originally Posted by kcsaenz View Post
    But they are always because of sexism. And no cases of discrimination should be acceptable just because one particualr group benefits from it in one given scenario.

Double standard? I've heard men who date younger women get called cradle robbers, pedophiles, perverts, dirty old men, lots of other things. Name calling is stupid but this has nothing to do with gender stereotypes.

If a man dates a younger woman. Then he is giving high five's.

If a woman dates a younger man. She is a cougar.

It's a double standred.

It's equal to if I have has sex with a ton of women he is a player. If a woman does it, then she is called..something that is an insult.
    A couple of things are wrong here. First of all how is a cougar a bad term?

Second it is not true that (at least to their faces) a woman dating a younger man is seen as something bad or wrong. I speak from experience here, as my girlfriend is 15 years older than me (I’m 21 she’s 36) and when she told her friend s and work colleagues (both male and female) all she received was praise and “high five’s” at least to her face.

Likewise if a man dates a younger woman he can be also mocked terms like midlife crises and worse can be used. There is NO double standard here.

“It's equal to if I have has sex with a ton of women he is a player. If a woman does it, then she is called..something that is an insult”

This is a sort of double standard, and there is reason it hasn’t died out.

The simple fact here, is that it is much easier (in most not all cases) for a woman to sleep with a man. The same is not true reversed.

An example

A woman is more likely to have sex with one or men if she goes out to a bar, then a man is with a woman.
    Now it still doesn’t excuse the double standard, but there is a reason why men take pride in sleeping with many woman, but woman don’t take that same pride.
    This isn’t true in all cases, and quite often if a man sleeps with a lot of women he may be called “something that is an insult” as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kcsaenz View Post
    If a Woman masturbates she is sexy and empowered if a man does it he is pathetic.
    If a woman ones sex toys she is in control of her sex life. If a man owns sex toys he is creepy.
    If a woman fails to achieve orgasm it is the mans fault. If a man fails to achieve orgasm there is something wrong with him.
    If a woman waits until marriage to have sex she is waiting for the right guy. If a man waits until marriage to have sex he just cant get any.

Who thinks a guy masturbating is pathetic. It I expect guys to touch themselves as much as i expect water to be wet. Stopped reading at that one. I feel like you are trying to hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    wall of text
    You are very, very easily offended.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Who thinks a guy masturbating is pathetic. It I expect guys to touch themselves as much as i expect water to be wet. Stopped reading at that one. I feel like you are trying to hard.
    Apparently, you've not been around many guys. Not saying they/I don't, but we mostly have to pretend we don't. If I walked past a woman rubbing one out, so to speak, it would be kind of hot. If a woman walked past me doing that, she'd likely call the cops.

Also, as to the man/woman slut double standard, I saw this somewhere, and thought it was funny, although I don't agree:

"A key that can unlock any lock is highly valuable and sought after. A lock that can be unlocked by any key, not so much."

Deleted
    One of my old babysitters was a "Cougar" lol...

what rubbish, a cougar is not meant to be offensive but quite the opposite, she is a hot older women who has sex with younger men.

That's what I've thought the term cougar meant, the women should be happy to have that title bestowed upon them because if you're much, much older and still able to pull guys a fraction of your age props to you.

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    Apparently, you've not been around many guys. Not saying they/I don't, but we mostly have to pretend we don't. If I walked past a woman rubbing one out, so to speak, it would be kind of hot. If a woman walked past me doing that, she'd likely call the cops.
    People would call the cops on both. Sexual displays in public is not really the same thing as sexual activity at home.

Anyway I know that plenty of people still thinks masturbation is sinful or some such nonsense. I think the point is that it's outdated view in general, regardless of gender. Everyone knows that everyone masturbates.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, by the very definition.

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post

Also, as to the man/woman slut double standard, I saw this somewhere, and thought it was funny, although I don't agree:

"A key that can unlock any lock is highly valuable and sought after. A lock that can be unlocked by any key, not so much."
    Pretty sure sexuality is a no no here...not sure how we haven't gotten mod attention here so I am going to stop talking about masturbation.

Now, lots of people play the trombone. Men and women, and for some reason both genders are embarrassed to discuss their music with others. I'll say it. I play the trombone. and i don't feel like a band nerd. Now if someone owns a trombone and doesn't play it...they play it, they just lie about playing it...man or woman. I also much prefer the picture of women playing trombones more than men...hell it even sounds better. that in of itself doesn't make guy trombone players any more despicable.