Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you really want to tone your belly and waistline, running is good and all but I would suggest doing a couple of days of things like situps. Running is great but it shouldn't be the only exercise you do if you have trouble zones you want to conquer. Running is a full body work out, but there are work outs you can do to help with your trouble zones. If you go online, you can usually find tons of sources for that sort of thing. But even if you just implement maybe 50 situps a day for example and do that before you run everyday, and always do situps with a twist as well to really work your waistline, your belly should start getting some better tone to it. You sound like you're in the part of your workout routine where you need to start toning your body, and not necessarily losing weight.

You may consider trying some boot camp workouts, the insanity work out if you think you are up for it, or possibly just finding a good routine for toning your core online. I do a quick burn cardio workout and it does wonders for my waistline. I am still in the early stages of losing weight, and I have already gone down a few sizes and I can tell already my waist is getting smaller. As for your diet...I live on my own and don't have to eat what my parents make me anymore but you may consider switching some things up a bit. Maybe trying to talk your parents into letting you make your own dinner choices so you can cut out any of the fatty bad stuff. But I'll just have to assume you have tried that and they won't allow it...so you may just have to work around that a bit.

But you really need to do more cardio or even just start lifting weights and stuff. Because if you don't start doing exercises to tone you, you're not going to look toned. You will have the flab and sag if you know what I mean. So I suggest still running because it is great for you, but also adding in a few days where you can start toning your body to get the look you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadraline View Post
    If you really want to tone your belly and waistline, running is good and all but I would suggest doing a couple of days of things like situps. Running is great but it shouldn't be the only exercise you do if you have trouble zones you want to conquer. Running is a full body work out, but there are work outs you can do to help with your trouble zones. If you go online, you can usually find tons of sources for that sort of thing. But even if you just implement maybe 50 situps a day for example and do that before you run everyday, and always do situps with a twist as well to really work your waistline, your belly should start getting some better tone to it. You sound like you're in the part of your workout routine where you need to start toning your body, and not necessarily losing weight.

You may consider trying some boot camp workouts, the insanity work out if you think you are up for it, or possibly just finding a good routine for toning your core online. I do a quick burn cardio workout and it does wonders for my waistline. I am still in the early stages of losing weight, and I have already gone down a few sizes and I can tell already my waist is getting smaller. As for your diet...I live on my own and don't have to eat what my parents make me anymore but you may consider switching some things up a bit. Maybe trying to talk your parents into letting you make your own dinner choices so you can cut out any of the fatty bad stuff. But I'll just have to assume you have tried that and they won't allow it...so you may just have to work around that a bit.

But you really need to do more cardio or even just start lifting weights and stuff. Because if you don't start doing exercises to tone you, you're not going to look toned. You will have the flab and sag if you know what I mean. So I suggest still running because it is great for you, but also adding in a few days where you can start toning your body to get the look you want.
    Spot reduction is a myth. Doing sit ups will not help you lose fat from your abdominal area any more than another exercise will. Squats and deadlifts will do more for core strength than a bunch of sit ups or crunches ever will. That tip about sitting in a sauna is BS as well.

OP, your diet is primarily carbohydrates. You need more protein and fats.

Learn about caloric needs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1703981&page=1
    Learn your macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2845231
    Pick up a strength program: http://www.stronglifts.com or http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki