Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    don't loose your hope, nobody is born with muscles, you need to fight for them

The first thing I'd like to say is you went 6 miles and didn't stop, who the hell cares if you couldn't jog the whole way, that is a very good start. Second just keep doing it, but don't try to go out there and push yourself like crazy, start small but keep trying to do just a little more each day. If next time you go out you can jog for 1 minute instead of 30 seconds then your well on your way to being able to do a marathon.

If your serious about getting fitter or just jogging more, my advice would be either grab something like endomondo (endomondo.com) or something similar from nike, adidas, runkeeper. And even before that, I don't know your eating habits but if your gonna have the energy to actually run your going to need to feed yourself correctly.

Another big help are your friends and family, try to see if any of them want to go jogging with you, it will help you succeed by having someone to compete/motivate you.

Best of luck!

Being fit shouldn't just be able how you'll look, it should be about how you feel. Cause having tons of extra energy to game all through the night and not relying on caffeine is pretty awesome right?
    Desktop - AMD FX-8120 @ 3.8ghz - 8GB DDR3 OCZ - Sapphire 7870
    Laptop - M11X. Revision1 - 1.7ghz ULV Dual Core - 4GB DDR2 - GT335M

It may sound weird but, go visit cities you never been a go sightseeing by foot.
    Wen I first was in Budapest I walked around 15KM(it goes fast you hit a few mile before you know it) while watching around. It doesnt hurt if you stop for a minute or 2 to watch something.
    I lost just by exploring Budapest around 15KG in 4,5 months just by walking around going to places.
    Fck your car/taxi/tram/metro/bus

Go walking or biking to work or school.

I walk every day to my work almost8Km firs few days I was like fuck I take the tram again.
    I forced my self to walk again and again and again.
    Now I don't mind it.

If you need to go anywhere and you got some time to get there walk or drive a bike to the place.
    Eat a bit healthier like eat a apple when you are hungry.

once you are used to walk a few miles per day start jogging the daily route. After a while when you go home walk an other route for more distance.

After if you are hungry in the evening after lets say 9 just drink 2 glasses of water and don't eat.

Also don't go in all at once!!
    If you burn 2500 kcals a day.
    Don't start eating only 2k or less, you body need to adjust to it. build of slowly in a week or so.
    Go from 2500 to 2450 to 2350>2300>2200>2100>2050>2000.
    If you cut down to fast you will be hungry a lot faster then you think.

You made a start at a new life and healthier you, nothing to get discouraged about. It takes time, start slow and don't over do it. Set a reasonable goal for your weight loss. Try to lose just 5% for right now. If running got you tired, then walk. Take a walk for 30 minutes every day. You don't even need to do it all at once. Take 3 10 minute walks if need be. Your body needs to get use to new activities and it's going to take time. If you try to do too much too fast then you'll get discouraged every time. Keep setting a goal to try to lose 5% and keep walking for 30 minutes every day. Once you can walk for 30 straight minutes go for 35, then 40, then start walking slightly faster each time until you're running.

Trust me I know how you feel. I got tired walking to the mail box. And when I started doing dance cardio (Xbox Kinect Dance Central) I couldn't make it through one song before I was tired. It takes time, but you'll get there. Good luck!

Deleted
    In a running movement you will burden your muscles and tendons 3 x your body weight.

If you never ran before and are out of shape imagine f.e. 85 kg on untrained muscles and tendons will be blows of 255 kg. Very damaging, prone to sport injuries!

Also your condition will most likely not live up to your expectations!

Running feels very freeing though, so if you go slowly with the correct running schedule, shoes and discipline it should be more than possible.

Google a nice running schedule, it should start something like

1 min running (slow pace) 1 min walking (recovery)
    1 min running followed by 1 min walking

That';s your run for today! Take 2 minutes if you need more time to catch your breath, or reduce the 1 minute running to 30 seconds if you can't maintain. Adjust your pace accordingly so you can finish your schedule!
    The schedule for the next time is or an extended running period (slightly!!!) or a reduced recovery period.

For example
    1 min running followed by 1 min recovery
    2 min running followed by 2 min recovery
    2 min running followed by 2 min recovery
    1 min running followed by 1 min recovery

It might feel silly in the start, but that be it! Soon along your schedule you will have leftover energy and will be eager to do too much and take on more.

ease into it gradually. as stated above, mix short bursts of running and walking. over time you will improve and be able to run farther without stopping.

Maybe running isn't for you just yet. I was in the exact same shoes as you a few years ago. You just have to keep at it, Find a form of excercise that you find bearable and keep at it.

As you see the results in the mirror and from the reaction of others it motivates you to keep going. when I was 15/16 I was pretty much exactly the same I kept the mindset that i don't care if others judge me for trying to jog and lose weight im doing this for myself. Eventually the holidays came and i shed majority of my weight, Friends, teachers and randoms in school barely recognized me at all.

Personally I believe weight loss is 50% working out and 50% diet, Maintain those two and you'll notice it just fall off.

you dont start by jogging.. you start by going for walks... after 6 months of going for 1 hour walks everyday, start faster walking.. then eventually speedwalking/light jogging.. depending on HOW YOU FEEL, after about 8 months, or maybe sooner or later EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, you will be able to jog that distance you used to walk for 1 hour everyday. SO instead of going for 1 hour walks, your going for 30 min jogs. Add/remove walking/jogging according to how you feel.

good time to go for a walk? Dusk, after dinner. Go walk 1/2 hour in one direction, then walk back home. there is your 1 hour walk..

key = START BY WALKING. and not like shitty, lazy, drag your feet, walking. I mean stand up straight, look for a good path to walk(up and down hills, through paths, even things to climb over. I used to walk through the bush a ot when I was young) and do it everyday. and walk for the entire 1 hour, dont stop, dont text, dont chat, get a headset on and walk like you want to lose weight. And you will eventually work your way up to marathons.

and dont eat shitty.
    Last edited by razzorz; 2012-06-07 at 05:19 AM.

Deleted
    I have a very high metabolism, so I've never struggled with overweight. However, as far as exercise goes, my life has pretty much been constantly absent of it - as a result of that I could barely jog/run for more than a minute.

So when I started jogging 1-2 months ago, I couldn't set a high goal for myself, I basically went for "jog as far as you can, as much as you can". Only two jogs later, I found myself being abled to jog further, and further along my path. So whereas on my first run I could only reach up to the first lamp post, I could now reach the second and even the third (examples, distance was actually a lot further than your standard lamp post distance).

The first good feeling comes when you see the differance for yourself, and that is when your motivation easily conquers your lazy side.

Some key things that boosted my will a lot:
    Good music. Some recommend music with a certain BMP that your feet can follow. I just listen to favourites, find whatever works.
    Good shoes! It's worth the money. Keep in mind that running causes your feet to swell up slightly, so you need to buy shoes that allow this to happen.
    Make a week-long schedule, don't run every day. Muscles (including lungs) need time to recover, during this time they also rebuild and improve. Start with three days a week, increase later on, but don't go to seven days a week. If anything, add in regular workout between running days, lift some weights.
    Keep track of your progress. Most modern phones have applications that'll help you with this.