Deleted

AD Carry + Wriggle

Okay, so, I just ffinished a couple games where our AD Carry rushed Wriggle's Lantern. Why do people do this? It provides such shitty stats as AD Carry and only delays your bigger items, so, why?

Deleted
    It can be quite dependant on who your support is, it allows for sustain, it has a free ward every 3 minutes, helps in farming, gives armour and lifesteal, helps early dragon, it's generally an all round good item for AD carry, especially when you don't have a healing support.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Okay, so, I just ffinished a couple games where our AD Carry rushed Wriggle's Lantern. Why do people do this? It provides such shitty stats as AD Carry and only delays your bigger items, so, why?
    It's a solid item. If the game is long enough, you can just replace it with something stronger later. 100% uptime on an extra ward providing u use the cd every time it comes off is pretty neat, and it helps when you need to push a lane. Also decent stats for the cost of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wriggles + Phantom, while not as good as IE + Phantom, does surprisingly well for the gold cost. Most people tnd to rush the IE, but going Wriggle's necessarily isn't a bad thing. Used to be very common on AD carries, it just has fallen out of favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Used to be common for a while to have three wriggles in the team with AD + Top + Jungler. Makes for extremely fast dragon/barons.

It's a pretty decent AD item against a rough lane as it provides Armour, AD and Sustain as well as a free ward + helps with shredding minions for faster golems/dragons. You can just replace it late game with a Bloodthirster.

Several of the Solomid guides still recommend it.

The reason you get it is that you get a top that gets it, a jungler that gets it and your ad carry gets it. With this, along with something like Cassio and Kog Maw (great Baron/dragon killers), you can do crazy shit like 4 min dragons and 20 min stealth barons. Likely people saw pros doing this and thought that they can do the same without a very specific team comp.

The armour gives effective health (since you are in a lane where mostly you'll only need armour) equal to the health from the double dorans. Lifesteal is AMAZING, although I usually just grab an un-upgraded vamp scepter on champs where I go IE-PD (ofc some champs you just go BT and therefore upgrade the vamp scepter).
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Used to be common for a while to have three wriggles in the team with AD + Top + Jungler. Makes for extremely fast dragon/barons.
    This, and it also works really well with push comps, like the Hannover M5 and more recently the Koreans showed in the OGN tournament. Basicly all your lanes push the creeps to the tower then invade the jungle, steal buffs and shut down the enemy jungler. It's a completely legit strategy if the enemy have slow clearing laners who cant push back, like Ryze.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Deleted
    Wriggles, or just life steal in general, has been nerfed too hard to rush imo. I used to get a BT as first main items on a lot of my carries since it actually gave you sustain to tank bruisers, but nowadays I RARELY get Wriggles. Only if I really get pushed and vamp scepter doesn't give enough sustain.

Deleted
    I get wriggles pretty much every game in normals. Honestly don't play ranked much, too annoyed with the boring meta to care.
    Nome of the stats go to waste in any way, you survive a bit more, you hit a bit harder, you regain a bit of health and it protects you with a beautiful beautiful ward. Along with other minor boons. So yeah, I like it.

I always get it first, because I saw a guide somewhere that says if you don't get the lamp you should just uninstall.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a friend who still builds it on Graves. I used to build it on Graves when he first came out. I don't remember who, but a few of us tried to build him like a solo top bruiser and play him there. Its still a fantastic item, and if you are losing your lane I would definitely suggest it to help last hit under the tower.

I think its an awesome item for a top lane bruiser, but there are better options for bot lane ad carrys

I am somewhat nooby, but as a bot lane, I often pick this up in solo queue - if I trust my support, I only really pick it up if the enemy is keeping me pinned to my turret.

1) I can't trust my support to ward, having this + 1 ward in my bags for emergencies will normally keep me safe till laning phase ends. Still useful after this, as I can now cover any blind spots I notice (baron / dragon / suspected enemy in a bush / being chased by an enemy through a bush - drop the ward and juke for a kill - without giving up a late game item slot).
    2) I can sit under my turret and last hit all day
    3) The armour is more ehp against a pure physical enemy lane than double dorans. It depends significantly on what damage type their support brings - if they are mostly magic damage, it isn't so great - I might go a dorans and a magic resist item with an aim at wits end / merc treads. But assuming they lane is mostly physical, I gained more ehp than double dorans, with more life steal, and greater damage in the deal - cost wise it is just a bargain for those stats, in the same way dorans are, but it is one slot, so I rarely have to sell it till 40min, and each sub component is so cheap that I can buy a bit every back, no matter when I back (the reason I would double dorans rather than BF sword in the first place).
    4) Force them out of lane, and ninja that dragon. Oh yeah
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2012-05-29 at 02:22 AM.

Seen Kogs using it, for sustain more or less..early drag etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's really only common in zero-sustain comps like Kog/Nunu.

If you have a support like Soraka, Sona, Alistar, or Taric...there really isn't any need for it unless you're doing an organized 5 v 5 and are doing early dragons/baron.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    I always buy a wriggle as any AD champ whenever i have trouble in lane (Or solo topping), it provides armor, life steal, AD and a ward, its a really really good early game item if you are having trouble with farming / getting ganked.

Deleted
    IMO wriggle doesnt work on most ad carrys. Its good for champs like twitch, i build wriggles always to twitch.

Deleted
    i think it is a waste of money to buy wriggles for an AD carry. You will get bloodthirster for life steal, and BT, BC, IE for damage. So not worth buying imho

Quote Originally Posted by G4rs View Post
    i think it is a waste of money to buy wriggles for an AD carry. You will get bloodthirster for life steal, and BT, BC, IE for damage. So not worth buying imho
    Except that its insanely cheap to help with the beginning of the game, before you can afford those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G4rs View Post
    When your losing your lane and have to CS under the tower/getting denied hard, try buying a BT, IE, or BC then come talk to me. Wriggles is good if your losing your lane. Winning your lane though, there are certainly better items.