Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

John McAfee (the founder of antivirus) didn't give a gift to a local politician

I'll list a couple of quotes from the article, and if you find them interesting, read it whole here: http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012/05/met...run-in-belize/

John McAfee, the founder of McAfee Antivirus, posted this to a private message board on May 7th; his home in Belize had just been raided by local law enforcement, he’d been rousted from the bed he shared with a 17 year old woman, naked and confused, to discover Belize’s Gang Suppression Unit at his gates. They shot and killed his dog, and arrested him for possessing an illegal firearm. They arrested a few of his employees too. He went on the lam.
    BTW, he's 66 (the legal age is 16 in that country, and in a lot of US states http://www.ageofconsent.us/)

Yes, there are no beds in belize jails. Or toilets. A half cut milk carton serves the purpose. It was tolerable until one A.M. when a drunk was added to the cell and he immediately kicked over the container. Five of us slept crowded together in the least contaminated corner.
    Edit: This happened in Belize(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belize), not in USA
    I didn't mean this to be a nation bashing thing, it just reads like a movie-plot.
    Last edited by someotherguy; 2012-05-27 at 02:31 PM. Reason: indicated location of the incident

Well middle america isnt really known for its rigid upholding of the law

I just have one question... The FUCK did the dog do?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Most firearms units are trained to shoot dogs that appear aggressive, in the heat of the moment that generally just means anything running and barking will get shot.

15+ Year Old Account
    There isn't really much to comment on unless we know the polices real story in my opinion.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Likely nothing but bark however they are given an okay to shoot the dog if it appears aggressive as ''Horrid'' as it sounds. =/

Sounds like the start of a good movie about meth labs in Belize, or perhaps a movie made about McAfee.

Seriously though, that story is pretty crazy. Getting chased naked out of my house with a 17 year old girl and having my dog shot by Central American drug enforcers after fleeing the country to start, of all things, a dubious antibiotic company with money from a well-known software business (while also being, apparently, wire-tapped by this Central American government) is not a usual life story.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Most firearms units are trained to shoot dogs that appear aggressive, in the heat of the moment that generally just means anything running and barking will get shot.
    Most cops are trained to be ruthless and evil if they aren't already. The psych profiles they go through verifies that they are sociopaths at least. This has not changed in human history nor geographic location.
    Wikipedia is not a reference for anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrin View Post
    Most cops are trained to be ruthless and evil if they aren't already. The psych profiles they go through verifies that they are sociopaths at least. This has not changed in human history nor geographic location.
    Um, what? I would like a source on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that American police academies, at the very least, require psych exams to show you're NOT a sociopath, I'm going to have to call BS on this one unless you can provide certified medical/psychological documentation that this is the case. Especially since NONE of the cops I know can remotely be called sociopathic.

speak for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesyn View Post
    Considering that American police academies, at the very least, require psych exams to show you're NOT a sociopath, I'm going to have to call BS on this one unless you can provide certified medical/psychological documentation that this is the case. Especially since NONE of the cops I know can remotely be called sociopathic.
    Test verified by whom? The results of those supposed 'non-sociopathic' cops verified by many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taliesyn View Post
    Yep. The police officer who served as security at my high-school (it was a small school of only 350 students) was friends with just about everybody, and even the bad students didn't hate him. He wasn't a sociopath.

Test verified by whom? The results of those supposed 'non-sociopathic' cops verified by many.
    Provide proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Provide proof.
    Read the news and quit expecting to be spoon fed by everyone you meet.

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 12:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    speak for yourself
    Personal shot and meaningless but it boosts your post count so gratz to you.

Deleted
    Corruption in a Middle-American nation? Is anyone really surprised?

10+ Year Old Account

I'm sorry, my experience with police has been wonderful. I'm sorry that you pay attention to the bad ones.

And again you're attacking somebody with the "post count" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I'm sorry, my experience with police has been wonderful. I'm sorry that you pay attention to the bad ones.

And again you're attacking somebody with the "post count" argument.
    Nope, still just me...

Deleted
    You sound like a criminal that's had his toes stepped on a few times by law enforcement.
    Don't post just to provoke.

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 02:38 AM ----------

Nope, still just me...
    Still just you what?

You were the one who made a broad statement and i can certainly say that it does not hold up to scrutiny when you compare it to the policemen in my country nor in my neighboring ones... Which makes your statement incorrect

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, still just me...
    I said that he's using the "just to boost your postcount" bullshit. He needs to learn how to form something other than an Ad Hominem argument. It's getting rather tiresome.