Mouse 1 and the vagaries of life

So, you cannot unbind mouse 1.

I'd post a VARY FUNNEH picture here but mods don't think I'm special (I wonder why) and I'd get infracted so I'll just calm myself down and continue.

Ahem... you cannot unbind mouse 1 meaning you will have to keep some attack binded to it meaning you (or at least me) will missclick shit constantly. It was the problem since Normal for me but I just shrugged it off since I rarely died. Now I'm on Hell and it kills me so very often.

Mobs tend to have very generous clickboxes and with so many destructible objects my poor WD will continue his attempts at attacking stuff even though it's high time to gtfo.

Now, I might be at fault here being dumb and all. If I am - please let me know (you might call me stupid even, but just once please). Otherwise, let's discuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to learn to get around it. The left-click attack interface is the staple of Diablo

You could always keybind something else to move. Or just click on the ground to move. I haven't had one occurrence on my Witch Doctor of not being able to find a spot on the screen to move.

OR you could ummm hold down on the button which makes u move towards it at all times.

Keybind move. Don't cry about it. :P

I completely agree about the clickboxes of enemies. I don't want to drag my mouse too far away from where I need to use my attacks to move, and the force move button isn't really a comfortable sollution.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You have to learn to get around it. The left-click attack interface is the staple of Diablo
    Not sure if sympathetic or disapproving.

I've played both previous games and never had that problem before. There's alot of destructible/attackable stuff on your screen that in many cases isn't even visible at almost any given time. Besides, as I've already mentioned you can click well above the item you're trying to shoot and your character will still execute the order, he's that smart.

Can anyone honestly say they don't have any problem moving around and they don't missclick?

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    OR you could ummm hold down on the button which makes u move towards it at all times.
    Although pretty uncomfortable that ummm is a solution. Thanks I guess.
    Last edited by Pokot; 2012-05-27 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokot View Post
    Not sure if sympathetic or disapproving.

I've played both previous games and never had that problem before. There's alot of destructible/attackable stuff on your screen that in many cases isn't even visible at almost any given time. Besides, as I've already mentioned you can click well above the item you're trying to shoot and your character will still execute the order, he's that smart.

Can anyone honestly say they don't have any problem moving around and they don't missclick?
    I hold shift when I'm attacking crap from ranged. I let go of shift when I want to move. So nope, no issues so far.

e: For those who don't play ranged, shift roots your character to the floor.

i keybound move to mouse 4 or 5. takes a while to get used to but huge quality of life increase. first noticed how terrible click to move with left mouse was on belial cause on the 2nd part his hitbox is pretty much the entire platform which makes dodging his attacks really difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    I hold shift when I'm attacking crap from ranged. I let go of shift when I want to move. So nope, no issues so far.
    Frankly, that's not what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    i keybound move to mouse 4 or 5. takes a while to get used to but huge quality of life increase. first noticed how terrible click to move with left mouse was on belial cause on the 2nd part his hitbox is pretty much the entire platform which makes dodging his attacks really difficult.
    Exactry. Thanks for the example. Belial is a prime example of those 'nope you didn't click the platform now get bent' cases.

Also, hold to move rather than continuous clicking. You're probably doing it anyway but I saw someone who didn't realise you could just hold down yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can highly recommend binding the Move key in your keybinds, cause it is not by default. As a WD with a slow ass main attack I often found myself not able to move on time untill I bound Move. Now it's dead easy for me. I'm a wasd WoW player by deafult, so I bound moving to S and being rooted to W and after a few minutes I was used to it and haven't had the kind of trouble you mention again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The left-click attack interface is the staple of an era of less customizable and less sophisticated software.

Its simply a quality of life issue. I can rebind 4 of my 6 abilities. I can rebind move. I can rebind force stand still. I can rebind just about EVERY key in this game but 3. Interact. Primary. Secondary. I can even move primary to one of those 4 slots i can rebind, but i am still stuck with 2 abiliities that can only be used with the mouse buttons.

How does 2 or 3 extra buttons on the keyboard and 2 less on the mouse increase immersion, enjoyment, or detract from someone elses?

Or more simply... How does giving people to the option to uncouple interact and primary so they can be bound to seperate keys or buttons, rather then the same key or button affect anything?

It is a meaningless arbitrary decision that places restrictions how people interact with their own hardware. It is a meaningless arbitrary decision that aggravates my arthritis with zero recourse.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-05-27 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Also, hold to move rather than continuous clicking. You're probably doing it anyway but I saw someone who didn't realise you could just hold down yesterday.
    Let me explain in more detail. You can't always move (unless you keybind move) and use an attack or you can't shift+mouse 1 always - you'll have to click to move away from those big bad mobs at least once. You click and you somehow hit a box with your mouse, you hit a box with your mouse - you attack it, you attack it - you don't move, you don't move - you get hit in the face, you get hit in the face - you die. Hope it's clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I can highly recommend binding the Move key in your keybinds, cause it is not by default. As a WD with a slow ass main attack I often found myself not able to move on time untill I bound Move. Now it's dead easy for me. I'm a wasd WoW player by deafult, so I bound moving to S and being rooted to W and after a few minutes I was used to it and haven't had the kind of trouble you mention again.
    Yeah, that's what I'm going to try. Thanks.
    Last edited by Pokot; 2012-05-27 at 01:19 AM.

I use W to move bind, cant play without it now, W to force stop, QEAD for the 4 skills, space for pot and ofc Mb1 and Mb2

There is a way to do WASD in Diablo using a autohotkey script, while not totaly ilegal and game breaking, its still grey area so I dont recomend it
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2012-05-27 at 02:03 AM.