Are they going to reduce damage to other players by 75% for PVP?

I'm just curious how PVP will work when I watch Wizards and Demon hunters who only have 20K HP hitting for 40K.

Is hitting a player a lot different than hitting a mob because of their armor/resistances etc.? Or are ranged players really going to be getting killed by one shot from across the map?

Also if players' armor / resistances play a huge role, is it safe to assume that a Demon Hunter will do virtually no damage to a Barbarian?

Why would they?

If you use a build/equip scheme that way then you're choosing to be wtfpwned by someone doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Why would they?

If you use a build/equip scheme that way then you're choosing to be wtfpwned by someone doing the same thing.
    Well I don't care what equipment you have. As a Barbarian if a Demon Hunter opens on you (which he will because of stealth), you are going to be dead long before you can close the gap... if he is hitting for 40K consistently. lol.
    Last edited by Jersovic; 2012-05-27 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Why would they?

Considering that Demon Hunters can get over 70k DPS (135k+ with the crit talent) i would have to say you're wrong, pretty much anybody would get "wtfpwned" by somebody outputting that amount of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I think they said for Diablo they are going to make skills work differently in PvP (from their pve counterparts). OF course it wont be 'balanced' but I think they will try to fix the issue of getting 1shot (even with defensive stats)

I think people are forgetting about armor and resistances counting to player abilities. Something the demons don't have.

People in inferno can have a LOT of resistance reducing damage by over 75%.

But yeah sharpshooter is going to be PVP nerfed bigtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

for anyone who played diablo 2 you would know pvp damage was 1/6th of what your pve damage was.

do your research before commenting guys, blizzard has many easy ways to balance pvp, and no its not going to be like WoW players will still be bursted down in seconds, this was true in diablo 2 and that worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    for anyone who played diablo 2 you would know pvp damage was 1/6th of what your pve damage was.

do your research before commenting guys, blizzard has many easy ways to balance pvp, and no its not going to be like WoW players will still be bursted down in seconds, this was true in diablo 2 and that worked fine.
    I considered this research of sorts. I would rather ask people who got to try the PVP in Beta what it was like rather than compare it to a game that came out 12 years ago.

Also no one who is geared for PVP in WoW gets bursted down, lol. Most of my duels in World of Warcraft seriously last 10-20 minutes (I play a Sub. Rogue). This is also why I was curious because I remember reading that unlike Warcraft, Diablo wouldn't have PVP / Resilience gear. So this made me wonder if they would add a natural damage reduction inside of arenas, or just let dudes get one shotted?
    Last edited by Jersovic; 2012-05-27 at 05:43 PM.