Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Game feels designed around RMAH

At least it does to me.

Everything about the game screams "let's push for RMAH" :/

Explain.

Random loot has been a diablo thing since the first game and the RMAH was kind of a way to cash in on the massive item trade that was in D2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    and how is that?

Please explain what you mean lol?

people should realls start to think things through before posting :>

its not even in the game.......

Deleted
    well firstly the online thing to play, pretty much pushes everyone into an easily accessible AH

the archaic loot system - while "a diablo thing" .. it just feels so much worse when you're in Hell/Inferno because there's no minimum level of stats, thus a level 60 armour piece could theoretically give +1 intellect as it's only stat - just feels so dumb personally.

the fact that your chars share stash/gold so you can buy a RMAH weapon and 'pass it down'.

maybe it's me being tired but it just feels like blizzard designed the game around the RMAH :/

(although i have to admit the story up to act 3 was very good, act 4 was a huge let down and the voice acting/music immersion overall is pretty dire)

I have fairly decent equipment for someone who only really farms act 1 all day long, but I have to admit that I am not wearing a single item that I personally looted.

With this in mind, it makes me feel like the Auction House is critical to my character's progression. It is too early to say yet, but if three weeks after the RMAH is released.. if the only upgrades I can get are exclusively listed on the RMAH I will likely be pretty irritated. Since gearing my character seems virtually impossible from solely looting equipment the idea of being forced to buy items with real life money would feel way too "pay to win" for me. Granted, this hasn't happened, and hopefully / likely won't happen. But I suppose it is entirely possible.
    Last edited by Jersovic; 2012-05-27 at 01:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
    well firstly the online thing to play, pretty much pushes everyone into an easily accessible AH

the archaic loot system - while "a diablo thing" .. it just feels so much worse when you're in Hell/Inferno because there's no minimum level of stats, thus a level 60 armour piece could theoretically give +1 intellect as it's only stat - just feels so dumb personally.

the fact that your chars share stash/gold so you can buy a RMAH weapon and 'pass it down'.

maybe it's me being tired but it just feels like blizzard designed the game around the RMAH :/

(although i have to admit the story up to act 3 was very good, act 4 was a huge let down and the voice acting/music immersion overall is pretty dire)

The Real Money Auction House isn't even up yet. If you really believe this conspiracy theory well there is nothing I can do.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    jersovic said it in a much clearer way than i did.

people wont use the normal AH for level 60 inferno items, they'll use the RMAH and the sucky thing about Inferno is that you need inferno items to compete in inferno

especially if you're behind the curve (like i am) due to exams or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    The Real Money Auction House isn't even up yet. If you really believe this conspiracy theory well there is nothing I can do.
    calling it a conspiracy theory is a bit out there, dude!
    It is quite obvious that the game was designed with the auction house in mind. If the RMAH is going to break the balance, is yet to be seen.

You guys are making me paranoid now. Imagine if you are one of those super geared players who has access to 90% of the items that are in demand. You don't really need / care about gold because you already have the best equipment in the game. You could easily buy every Legendary in the normal AH with the gold you don't need, and place it in the RMAH. This could potentially screw over new players who won't be able to progress since they joined after the RMAH went live.

I really hope this isn't the case, but I will admit that in World of Wacraft, once I got my Rogue geared and no longer needed "loot" if I had to option of selling the Rogue drops I didn't need for gold, or for real-life $$$ I would probably 9:10 times take the $$$. I imagine that this will be similar in Diablo 3, but as I am not "super geared" I can't really speak for those who are.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    I have fairly decent equipment for someone who only really farms act 1 all day long, but I have to admit that I am not wearing a single item that I personally looted.

With this in mind, it makes me feel like the Auction House is critical to my character's progression. It is too early to say yet, but if three weeks after the RMAH is released.. if the only upgrades I can get are exclusively listed on the RMAH I will likely be pretty irritated. Since gearing my character seems virtually impossible from solely looting equipment the idea of being forced to buy items with real life money would feel way too "pay to win" for me. Granted, this hasn't happened, and hopefully / likely won't happen. But I suppose it is entirely possible.

Gearing in diablo has always been slow. Even more so since the game just came out. If you don't feel like taking the time to gear yourself you are free to use the AH.

Don't blame blizzard because you are impatient. They at least gave you a safe way to purchase gear now. Whether with in game gold or real money.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

"The auction house obviously provides an incredible service to allow for very easy trades between characters, and essentially blows out the wide range of items you could have available to you at any one time. So, in fact, the AH has to be a factor in how we drop items. On one hand you have a huge benefit because you can buy and sell items very easily, as opposed to having to post up WTS threads in the old USEast trading forums, but on the other end it does impact the item pool economy with the inherent ease at which you can trade items. If the AH existed but wasn't a factor at all into how items dropped/rolled, the economy would be completely tanked within a matter of weeks." -Bashiok
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...2701?page=2#33

Have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post

Pretty much this...I'm working my way through Inferno Act 1 solo now but I don't expect to get too far without saving some gold and purchasing some decent items from the AH. On the contrary, no one is forcing anyone to even use the AH, it is really a 'bonus' that wasn't there in the previous installments of the game...that being said, if I happened to find an awesome as hell well-itemized weapon for a particular class I think I would much prefer to sell it for say 50 bucks for someone over a pile of gold.

Deleted
    Its safe to say that you are right and its a damn shame!

The way of loot and farming in D3 is randomized to the point of insanity. You will be forced to use the RMAH one way or the other, if you ever want the really good stuff.

Why is that?
    Lets say you want a specific item (might be a legendary, if Blizzards makes them worthwhile) how are you gonna get that item? There is no specific place to get it, except the RMAH. Therefore your only goal will be to farm entire inferno acts of annoying and boring elite packs and champions, hoping for other valuable items to drop, so you can sell those on the RMAH, and get money for the item you wanted in the first place.

Thats D3 end-game - buying and selling stuff on the RMAH, aint that sad? And believe me, Blizzard intended for it to be so, all along! A true moneymaker...

I cant be the only one for whom, this stands perfectly clear?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzler View Post
    Thats D3 end-game - buying and selling stuff on the RMAH, aint that sad? And believe me, Blizzard intended for it to be so, all along! A true moneymaker...
    Wow! It's almost as if I didn't do the same thing in Diablo 2, trading endgame items on d2jsp for six years!

There's a perfectly good gold-only auction house for use in Diablo 3 as well.
    In fact, it's the only auction house available right now! Shocking, right?
    We're whalers on the moon,
    We carry a harpoon,
    But there ain't no whales
    So we tell tall tales
    And sing our whaling tune

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    my inventory is full.. cause nobody will buy my crap on the gold ah.. why in the name of @#$% would I expect anyone to buy the same crap on the RMAH?
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Deleted
    Actually the archaic loot system as you put it is really great. It keeps the game alive for a long time and keeps it from getting boring. If it had minimum levels then getting the best in slot gear would became much easier and before long, the AH would be filled with those items which would take away any reason to play it once youve completed it a few times. They went for longevity and replayability instead.

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    my inventory is full.. cause nobody will buy my crap on the gold ah.. why in the name of @#$% would I expect anyone to buy the same crap on the RMAH?
    No one wants to buy items for some odd level before 60 with bad stats. Just because they're rare doesn't meant they're good. Items with good stats sell like hot bread, even low level items, especially rings and amulets.

Deleted
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? I think the voice acting is brilliant, and most people I've spoken to have agreed with me, haven't heard anyone complaining about that so far...