Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    People seriously still talk about that like it's relevant?

Pounding on your target for 50% damage?

ZOMG TEH L33T DMG NERF NAO!!!
    Let me tell you what, I've killed a lot of people with that 50% damage reduction, But then I woke up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Let me tell you what, I've killed a lot of people with that 50% damage reduction, But then I woke up.
    And then you healed to full in one or two GCD's, and still had enough time to hearth!

NERF PALADINS NAO!

People dont like to see something immune to anything deal any kind of damage.
    Or a lot of people havnt PvPed in a while (or played a paladin) And still assume pallys hit for normal damage in bubble.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    People dont like to see something immune to anything deal any kind of damage.
    Or a lot of people havnt PvPed in a while (or played a paladin) And still assume pallys hit for normal damage in bubble.
    That comment is really like the people that try to do BH on 10 and then 25 and then claim they never knew that you couldn't. those are the same people that sit in the raid for 15 mins while you beg the person that is already saved to leave. The outgoing damage during divine shield was nerfed eons ago and if they aren't paying attention to it than it's their own fault.

If you die to a paladin that bubbled you deserved to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That comment is really like the people that try to do BH on 10 and then 25 and then claim they never knew that you couldn't. those are the same people that sit in the raid for 15 mins while you beg the person that is already saved to leave. The outgoing damage during divine shield was nerfed eons ago and if they aren't paying attention to it than it's their own fault.

If you die to a paladin that bubbled you deserved to die.
    As memory serves, the 50% dmg nerf was added back in BC, because Ret Pallies were charging in, popping wings and then bubbling to have 12 seconds of extra damage while unkillable. I could sorta see the QQ-fest over that.

I say sorta, because at the time, Ret's only real instant attack was CS and we were still using the good old "30s Seal->Judge to debuff and consume Seal->Reseal" macros, so it wasn't like Rets were destroying much outside of that of that bubble/wings period unless they woefully outgeared their opponent.

Hell, during the early days of BC Arenas, until either s3 or s4 when they retrofit the stats, Ret didn't even have resilience on their PvP gear, while every other spec/class in the game had it.

The hilarious part is that people still randomly toss out bubble like it's this massive game changer. Shoot, we don't even have the original 12 seconds on bubble anymore. Can't even bubble/hearth since Cata

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Bubble in of itself is a shit ability to begin with. Complete immunity while you get to continue pounding on your target? Blizz would do just as well to scrap it all together and give paladins some new shiny ability in its place.
    The damage Paladins do when using Bubble is a joke. Anyone who gets killed by a paladin while bubbled is really horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except for the fact that you can pop wings, which only gives you a 30% damage reduction, while still maintaining complete immunity to everything in the game. It's a bad design and I stand by my stance that it should just be replaced with something new and up to speed with the design of the current WoW.
    Except divine shield damage reduction works multitive. So you'd be doing 60% damage. Great way to waste your offensive cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by scaff View Post
    Now that bubble can be removed by a feral who's cast symbiosis on a Warrior, on top of Priests and Warriors, I feel something needs to happen if it gets dispelled.

Baseline, whenever bubble gets dispelled/shattered, we should take 20% less damage for 6 seconds after it gets removed.

On top of that, for different specs:

Holy:
    Automatically activates Holy Radiance at no mana cost.

Retribution:
    Grants 3 Holy power.

Protection:
    Avengers shield's cooldown is reset.

/discuss?
    or use bubble smarter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Except for the fact that you can pop wings, which only gives you a 30% damage reduction, while still maintaining complete immunity to everything in the game. Not to mention that you can also have Inquisition up during this, giving an additional 30% holy damage dealt...Hmm yea that 50% damage reduction penalty really seems steep now. It's a bad design and I stand by my stance that it should just be replaced with something new and up to speed with the design of the current WoW.
    lolK let me tell you something FIRST OFF. Since you think your smart. the Inq buff is holy dmg dealt not a flat dmg increase. 2nd off when you deal dmg under the Divine Shield ability your dmg penalty is 50% reduction. JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE CD'S DOES NOT MEAN WE HAVE 100% + dmg increase under bubble. it is 20% inc off of our 50% decrease first off so 20% of 50 is what hMMMMMMM lets think about this 10% ok so 60% normal dmg now throw inq in there which is 30% holy dmg increase so it isn't even a flat increase to dmg so lets go ahead and nerf that to 15% since ret pallies rarely ever have 100% up time on their opponent. so 15% of 60 is what? hmmmmmmmm 25%? so its a total of 85% dmg done not to mention thats ONLY if our target is with in melee range so you can really scrap that down to 65% dmg inc considering all we will have going for us is Judgement including censor which is better now but not what we want and 1 hammer with wings up. when was the last time you heard of a pally killing someone without using a CD unless the other person is really bad? you tell me cause we aren't DK's and we aren't Warriors or rogues OR feral druids.
    Last edited by Spirets; 2012-06-01 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    Maybe there are 2 paladins? Or mages? Perhaps? Huh?

Also, it's effect is cancelled, if you get too far from those you've cast that spell on, so if you're guarding a node in a battleground with a warrior, you do what? Exactly.

Another thing - as far as i know, it has no CD, so if you have a brain/skill, you'll know where the situation is going and switch your symbiosis to a warrior, becouse that holy pally is going down and is obviously going to use his bubble since that warrior has used his throw on that annyoing mage over there.
    Allright, 2 things- One, you cannot cast symb in combat, and even if you could, it gots a 5 sec cast time. Two, Symbiosis will work as long as the player you casted it on is 1) in the same raid as you, and 2) is in the same instance as you. In AV, druid could be at the Frostwolf Relief hunt and Symb target can be up at the SP relief hut, and Symb would still function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.