Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I had it happen yesterday, after a couple of hours the items finally showed up.

I had this happen to me yesterday. I couldnt figure it out, I kept getting a "your request has timed out" error when I tried to buy stuff. Ended up wasting a ton of gold and now have 4 crossbows because they decided to show up this morning, so now im stuck with them and about 20k gold down.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I expected the release to be a mess. I expected the game to have a few bugs here and there. I expected to have things fixed in a timely manner.

...Yet this is just ridiculous. Almost 2 weeks post release and the servers are still awful and can't handle the player base. I go from 50ms tops in WoW to 350-400ms at best in Diablo. Now, the AH runs into a critical bug where millions of transactions are interrupted by players not receiving what they purchased or what they sold?

This is really getting embarrassing. I've never been a Blizzard fan boy but I've never had reason to dislike them because I've always enjoyed their games, but this is making me very unsatisfied.

This game has been in development for a decade, server stability and the ah are a huge component of the game, beta lasted well over long enough for major bugs like this to be fixed. Diablo pre orders were through the roof, over a million got the annual pass, and it was still widely considered the most anticipated game of the century.

They should have prepared for this much much better.

--edit
    I hope everyone does get their items and gold automatically when the bug is fixed, but I worry about those who have no record now of their transactions. That will be a messy situation for Blizzard to deal with, having to sift through records to see what people are owed, and there are a lot of people..

I had the opposite happen to me. I bought an item for 60k and when I came into game the item was in my stash but I still had the same amount of gold. I got it for free apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happened to me also, but eventually I got everything I bought and the money I made selling some stuff, just took a few hours... but it's getting annoying for sure
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    I expected the release to be a mess. I expected the game to have a few bugs here and there. I expected to have things fixed in a timely manner.

...Yet this is just ridiculous. Almost 2 weeks post release and the servers are still awful and can't handle the player base. I go from 50ms tops in WoW to 350-400ms at best in Diablo. Now, the AH runs into a critical bug where millions of transactions are interrupted by players not receiving what they purchased or what they sold?

This is really getting embarrassing. I've never been a Blizzard fan boy but I've never had reason to dislike them because I've always enjoyed their games, but this is making me very unsatisfied.

This game has been in development for a decade, server stability and the ah are a huge component of the game, beta lasted well over long enough for major bugs like this to be fixed. Diablo pre orders were through the roof, over a million got the annual pass, and it was still widely considered the most anticipated game of the century.

They should have prepared for this much much better.

--edit
    I hope everyone does get their items and gold automatically when the bug is fixed, but I worry about those who have no record now of their transactions. That will be a messy situation for Blizzard to deal with, having to sift through records to see what people are owed, and there are a lot of people..
    You do realize that there were way more players than blizzard could have anticipated, 6.4mil were logging on at launch iirc, that is alot of people, but I agree they should have been prepared. Im pretty sure that this also happened on wow vanilla launch, they didnt anticipate so many people and servers were struggling to keep up.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

i have been thinking about getting D3 the last couple of weeks. decided to give it a while to settle down before i spent my cash, since it is pretty expensive. but i loved D2 so much i really wanted to get involved. looks more and more like i was right to wait. if it isnt major problems with the AH, its almost daily changes to classes that leave people with expensively purchased gear sets that are suddenly worthless (or at least....worth less!)

just pre-purchased Torchlight 2 instead, £15 and i get a free copy of the original Torchlight as well (only ever played the demo). guess that will keep me busy until GW2.

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 04:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    You do realize that there were way more players than blizzard could have anticipated.
    they knew how many people had pre-ordered. they are a professional games company with experience of game launches before, so they could make a very good estimate of how many people purchase on day 1, compared to how many people pre-purchase. so they would have known, within a close margin, how many people were going to be logging on day 1. you can defend them for a lot of the charges thrown at them, but not this. no way.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

People submitted tickets?

Oye.

Deleted
    Same thing here as well, all my auctions and items in my completed tab (failed auctions) have disappeared. Thankfully none of my gold has vanished, probably just because failed to login this morning due to other things going on. Scary idea that I would've started buying upgrades for my main and never receive anything. Gonna be submitting a ticket as well.

Really frustrating... and the worst part is... when do we know it's safe again
    Last edited by mmoc6e18b67333; 2012-05-27 at 03:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntdanoobs View Post
    Imagine this happening with the RMAH.

Lawsuits anyone?
    Lawsuit? HA! As with most things online in games it's Use at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Same thing here as well, all my auctions and items in my completed tab (failed auctions) have disappeared. Thankfully none of my gold has vanished, probably just because failed to login this morning due to other things going on. Scary idea that I would've started buying upgrades for my main and never receive anything. Gonna be submitting a ticket as well.

Really frustrating... and the worst part is... when do we know it's safe again
    They appear after a couple of hours, just beware that if you buy something and you get "your action has timed out" or something similar that still means that you've bought the item but it'll take a while to show up.

Deleted
    They appear after a couple of hours, just beware that if you buy something and you get "your action has timed out" or something similar that still means that you've bought the item but it'll take a while to show up.
    Well that's a relief. Just been window shopping for a while now, planning what maybe to buy. Once in a while the AH clogs up and refuses to list any items, just the number of pages at the bottom. Hopefully Blizz can get it worked out soon. I'm itching for some upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    I went to bed, and in the morning I had all my money and items owed to me in the "completed" tab. Just give it time and be thankful that the RMAH isn't functional yet.
    You're lucky. I just logged in and everything I've ever sold or bought was wiped clean from the records...and the hundreds of thousands of gold worth of items I was selling...are gone too. I'm selling nothing softcore or hardcore. Just...gone. Everything.

It's been 14 hours now. My ticket to Blizzard was not nice.

You do realize that there were way more players than blizzard could have anticipated, 6.4mil were logging on at launch iirc, that is alot of people, but I agree they should have been prepared. Im pretty sure that this also happened on wow vanilla launch, they didnt anticipate so many people and servers were struggling to keep up.
    Confused, you say more than they could have realized but agree they should have been prepared?

The thing is, they had data to determine how many people would be playing at launch. Pre-orders, annual passes, and estimate release night purchases should have shown them how many people would be expecting to play. They don't go into a release blindly, they have data to show what preparations are needed to make launch smooth.

But we aren't just talking about release, its almost 2 weeks later and servers are still struggling to keep up, and there really isn't an excuse for it. Combine that with the bugs such as this one with the AH and players are just getting more and more frustrated.