Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    You know who had the same complaints? People in 1700, 1710, 1720, 1730, 1740, 1750, 1760, 1770, 1780, 1790, 1800, 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940, 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980, 1990, and 2000.

The younger generation is ALWAYS stupid/ignorant/spoiled/obnoxious/loud/entitled/etc. And somehow, the world continues to turn
    In my day, we had to walk 5 miles through the snow to get to the point where we could be called stupid/ignorant/spoiled/obnoxious/loud/entitled/etc, and it was uphill BOTH ways!

That's the problem with young people these days - they get to be stupid/ignorant/spoiled/obnoxious/loud/entitled/etc without putting any effort into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    You know who had the same complaints? People in 1700, 1710, 1720, 1730, 1740, 1750, 1760, 1770, 1780, 1790, 1800, 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940, 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980, 1990, and 2000.

The younger generation is ALWAYS stupid/ignorant/spoiled/obnoxious/loud/entitled/etc. And somehow, the world continues to turn
    They also didn't have near the responsibility in their hands as they do in a modern climate. War isn't just shooting muskets at each other's battle lines, there are now thousands of lives to millions at stake, and the people voting don't have true recognition of that.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

write in ron paul
    ggg

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that things will change if we get to a subscription based platform for TV where we get to choose each and every program we want, instead of entertainment packages.
    In this format I'm talking about, we could really cast our vote as to what we will put up with in our programming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Most of my friends automatically put internet and nerd together. Maybe it is just my group, however.
    No offense intended, but if they think that then they are dinosaurs and they seriously need to get with the times. It's akin to thinking computers are still for nerds, while walking around with an iphone.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

They also didn't have near the responsibility in their hands as they do in a modern climate. War isn't just shooting muskets at each other's battle lines, there are now thousands of lives to millions at stake, and the people voting don't have true recognition of that.
    Yeah but that's not because of modern culture/technology/science/attitudes. It's simply because human nature hasn't changed. Blaming an arbitrary expression of this nature isn't going to help make the population at large make more intelligent decisions.

Deleted
    Back in the day we didn't have hundred of television channels...we just had to make our own entertainment with the basic Sky package. And we didn't have widescreen tellies in those days, so we all had to make our own. If Die Hard with a Vengeance was on, all the neighbors would bring out their tellies and lay them side by side to make it look wide. And to make it more like the cinema, we'd turn all the street lights out and chew polystyrene...those were the good old days.

I'm not sure how people remain that ignorant after school, perhaps it's too easy? It seems a challenge to not pass high school. The emphasis isn't on learning this stuff for adulthood, it's for passing the class. We retain, what, 10% of all we learn in school? Every year after summer you have to re-learn whatever's necessary for the next year. In the end, whatever went wrong, we end up with these people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    meh, I agree with you a little bit, but i don't think the gov't has the answer.

If you look at the history of voting/politics in the US, you will see things like Arnold Schawrzenegger and Ronald Reagen. Also I remember learning about how back in the day when they held debates on the radio a big factor in who would the the majority was on who was the better speaker (not what they actually said, but interesting/charming), and when they became televized the things they did to make people look and sound better. Ex. FDR having polio/being in a wheelchair was not known by the masses and there is a chance he would have never been president if they had not hid that. Basically, I don't know what you expect when a majority of the population has the right to vote, but anyways there will continue to be a majority of uneducated voters as long as there are no barriers to stop them from voting.

With the masses following any media outlet like sheep, no matter how vague or biased, celebrities being able to sway political votes just by their opinion, reality TV being something that the youth want to imitate, why are governments focused on censoring and monitoring the internet when the nations citizens are gaining stupidity because of TV?
    Why? because stupid people are easy to control. Ignorant, uneducated people will believe anything put in front of them that is spoken with authority. Educated people, with knowledge of events from multiple sources will question when they are told something that contradicts their own knowledge. TV comes from only a few sources. It is far easier to control a few sources of information than it is to control the millions that make up the internet. Thats why governments focus on the internet, it is the biggest threat to their ability to control the mind of the people through what information they have. TV on the other hand could be broadcasting only what the government wishes to be broadcast at nearly a moments notice and without the internet few would even know.

Who is John Galt?