Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    They added bonus armour to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, is he fun. Even without runes and masteries he is strong (level 1 on the PBE). His ult is amazing. I feel like as soon as people get the timing down you can call it back before it gets to the champ for full damage then an 8% loss when it hits them again, since it has a that slow down before it comes back. I might be wrong about that, but even then with proper timing it won't hit anything before hitting the champ a second time. The axe mechanic is surprisingly intuitive, though minions love to screw you over when catching it. It also follows you if you run immediately after throwing it, so it's still good for kiting, chasing, and last hitting. Only costs mana on the first cast, and every refresh after that is free if you keep catching them. Having two going is gonna take time to master, but it's not as hard as I thought. Blood rush doesn't last long so you have to catch axes to keep it up, but it burns through mana. I didn't find much use for his E, but this was bots. I'm sure with a jungler or a roaming mid it will be invaluable when they are coming in for a gank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I didn't find much use for his E, but this was bots. I'm sure with a jungler or a roaming mid it will be invaluable when they are coming in for a gank.
    I had assumed that you would use Draven's E to clear a path so you can catch your axe when surrounded by minions/champions. I haven't tested him yet though, and anything the likes of a cast time could easily be problematic on this ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I didn't find much use for his E, but this was bots. I'm sure with a jungler or a roaming mid it will be invaluable when they are coming in for a gank.
    Aye I thought it seemed abit lackluster at first but I guess it's always beneficial to have an extra interuption ability in a team to counter things like Kat, can give you some extra flexibility in counter picking too.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldezzar View Post
    I had assumed that you would use Draven's E to clear a path so you can catch your axe when surrounded by minions/champions. I haven't tested him yet though, and anything the likes of a cast time could easily be problematic on this ability.
    That could work, but it doesn't move your minions, who are the ones that get in the way most of the time. It costs 70 mana I believe, at least that was it at rank one. Spamming it for axe catches isn't the best thing to do since I found myself running out of mana from having to refresh missed axes and keeping up bloodrush when chasing/going in for the kill. Draven also doesn't move fast like most AD carries, so the pause to cast might still make you miss it.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-06-02 at 06:42 PM.

Deleted

I'm glad they finally are upping the quality of the skins - specially ones at release..This is pretty damn awesome one

10+ Year Old Account
    omg that may be the best skin in LoL :P

I might actually have to buy him and that just because it's so awesome, I don't really care how he plays (although I do like ranged AD, been having some fun with Cait this week, because she's free )
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Apparently you can steal the enemy's axe as Draven.

Deleted
    I think he's a ranged AD. His skills look intresting. They all look like skillshots except for the speed one. The "catching his axe" part also looks intresting. I think he'll certainly have a higher skillcap than Darius at least :>

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post

I'm glad they finally are upping the quality of the skins - specially ones at release..This is pretty damn awesome one
    Holy shit. I must have this champion, he looks insanely fun to play. (loads account with RP)
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-06-03 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    Upon catching an enemy's Spinning Axe:
    "Yoink."
    "Nice axe, I'll take it."

Tbh, this is worth the RP already.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOK2w9zaQX4
    Dat Recall animation! ;o
    Hi

Deleted
    I also like how they are adding animations for recall on these latest champions. I hope they update the older champions recall animations aswell. And some champs really still need an update in looks, like Sivir, Kassadin for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Upon catching an enemy's Spinning Axe:
    "Yoink."
    "Nice axe, I'll take it."

Tbh, this is worth the RP already.
    You can catch another Draven's axe? That's pretty cool.
    ಠ_ಠ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    You can catch another Draven's axe? That's pretty cool.
    I've done it before by accident. Suddenly had two axes going and I was a little confused for a bit. It's pretty funny looking back on it because it got me a kill instead of being killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think his q mechanic is a unrealistic to use in a real teamfight unless you get lucky and the axe falls ontop of you.

But other than that he has a very high skill cap and can his damage reflects that very nicely.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I had this little magical moment when I figured out how to juggle two of his axes at once, and when you can get that going and pick up at least one of them a few times, your damage sky rockets in team fights. His W is amazing, since it is constantly refreshed when you catch axes (assuming you do). His E is pretty good; I haven't had any moments where I was like man, that E sure saved me, but it can really screw up positioning, and it can interrupt ults like kat, nunu or karthas, so that's a plus. His ult is pretty awesome. It's global, does a lot of damage, and gives sight where it is. The timing on the recall is a little weird, and if you get killed while it's out before it is called back, it doesn't actually come back.

The main thing about him is catching the axes. Obviously you're not going to catch every axe, but if you position yourself and have a team that knows how to protect you, you can catch a lot of them. It's really nice that riot has made such a high skill cap Ranged AD. It's really fun to play him. Also, his harass is pretty ridiculous if you just chunk people with axes in lane. At level 1, it's hits for around 100 (not including armor) and applies a bleed that ticks for around 34 (depends on your AD). If you have a janna or something, you are almost guaranteed better harass than your opponent. I've really only had problems with graves, as he can dash in and buckshot (with the new patch, buckshot harass actually ends up doing a lot more if the Graves gets in closer). I haven't laned against a Caitlyn with him yet, but I don't think much harassing would be done.

It should also be noted, that if you immediately turn around when you throw the axe, it will bounce behind where you are standing, since the axes try to bounce in front of where you are standing. So, when you turn around, in front of you is actually behind you, which makes for easy ax catching. If you are playing a really aggressive lane (as I almost always do) it's really nifty to get two axes spinning, then try to land to auto's in a row. With your W and whatever your support is doing, it's usually pretty easy to do. If you can catch the axes and keep chunking, you are pretty much guaranteed to come out ahead on whatever engagement you go in on. I really can't think of any ranged AD's that are going to be able to trade better than you at that early in the game. If you have a leona with you, it is very easy to secure first blood, since leona goes to the target, and the target doesn't come to you. This makes a difference because it means you are going to be facing towards them, and your axe is going to bounce forwards, and you are probably running forwards (or desperately trying to disengage) so you can catch the ax and keep going. Now say you have a blitzcrank or something, and the target gets pulled to you, it's a lot harder to predict where the axe is going to land. Sometimes they just kind of do their own thing.

Last hitting is super easy. If you are playing a ranged AD and are having trouble last hitting, I would really recommend Draven. Once you figure out how to get the axe to always land behind you, all of your last hitting should be done with a 100+ auto attack. Which makes it stupid easy to get farm.

I've found that he also works well with a support or jungle nautulis as well. Depth Charge guarantees that your ult will at least hit on the way through, and probably on the way back. If you really want to get fancy (and possibly screw your ult up) you can call it back before it hits the target, so the forward hit passes through the target as it is slowing down, and the target immediately takes the second hit. I haven't actually done it right yet, but it would be an absurd amount of burst if you did it right. Combine that with his already high damage on his Q, and your jungler/support it is very easy to get kills with this guy.

He is however, very fragile and lacks a true escape. QSS and cleanse are very potent on him as a result. His W can be used for running away, but the movement speed decays rapidly, and it's not that big of a boost. His E can be used to sort of push people aside and slow them. It is pretty wide, so you'll probably hit someone if they are running straight at you, but it's not as good as say the Caitlyn net, or Grave's dash.

Overall, I love this champion. He is very fun, he's refreshing, he's new, and I feel like he can do damage on par with other ranged ADs and if played correctly can do more than some of the current top picks. I think vayne and kog will almost always do more damage, but Draven is a refreshing champion. No one else has a mechanic like his, and his high skill cap makes it feel really good when you have a good game on him.

Anyways, that's my impressions on him. They might change as I play him more (as my Varrus impressions did) but I think he's going to be a good pick for quite some time unless he receives some sort of nerf.

edit: O.o that's a bit of a wall of text.

On his E: I once managed to throw it on a Fiora just as she used her charge, so she wasted it and didn't manage to close the gap.

Was pure luck, but I lol'd.