Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Rune of the Golemancer

Superior

+2% critical damage

+15 precision

+3% critical damage

+35 precision

+5% critical damage

5% chance to summon a golem. (cooldown: 90s)
    That's all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    too many runes...i'm overwhelmed >_>
    Plus the fact that you don't have to use 6 of the same Runes but you can mix and match make this an even deeper and more complex system

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper0878 View Post
    Plus the fact that you don't have to use 6 of the same Runes but you can mix and match make this an even deeper and more complex system
    I only quoted this for emphasis.

I was using a combination of 2 different runes and taking their first 3 bonuses, which allowed me to get two bonuses that I otherwise would not have gotten with a single rune, so I would definitely recommend anyone to take a hard look at the bonuses they give, just to make sure you are getting things you really need. I mean if you are a class that shouldn't be getting hit very often, why would you take a rune that gives a bonus when you are hit instead of finding one more suited to your play style?

Quote Originally Posted by Mylith View Post
    I mean if you are a class that shouldn't be getting hit very often, why would you take a rune that gives a bonus when you are hit instead of finding one more suited to your play style?
    I mostly agree with this question, but....

If your play style is evasive and always distance oriented that may be a good idea, but for the last stress test I had a couple abilities that triggered on hit because I was playing Ele with Scepter/Dagger. Dagger is their short range weapon, so I had to get in close from time to time. When going against a warrior or guardian or necro they usually could survive my initial burst of damage and sometimes a Snare/Stun/Blind was the only way I could retreat because I was out of Dodge juice or speed increasing CDs (or Mist form or Lightning Flash ect).
    Why do I run? Why do I slay? Why do I play? ...Carrots? Nay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    I mostly agree with this question, but....

If your play style is evasive and always distance oriented that may be a good idea, but for the last stress test I had a couple abilities that triggered on hit because I was playing Ele with Scepter/Dagger. Dagger is their short range weapon, so I had to get in close from time to time. When going against a warrior or guardian or necro they usually could survive my initial burst of damage and sometimes a Snare/Stun/Blind was the only way I could retreat because I was out of Dodge juice or speed increasing CDs (or Mist form or Lightning Flash ect).
    Right, I was simply saying for those who were using solely ranged weaponry, as opposed to anything that would bring them in melee ranged, on hit runes would be a bad idea. However if, as you said, you were using a weapon that brought you in to close range, they become a little bit more viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know exactly how I will build my engineer !

Rune of the Nightmare

Superior

+28 condition damage

+4% condition duration

+55 condition damage

+6% condition duration

+100 condition damage

5% chance to cause fear when hit. (cooldown: 90s)
    It's perfect for me as I love to play a condition focused engineer.

Since I can't link the build, I'll just explain it here:

Traits:

EXPLOSIVES: 30 Points -> Short Fuse -> Forceful Explosives -> Incendiary Powder

FIREARMS: 10 Points -> Hair Trigger

INVENTIONS: 10 Points -> Shield Mastery

ALCHEMY: 0 Points

TOOLS: 20 Points -> Adrenal Implant -> Speedy Gadgets

I've seen some people complaining about the engineer being too weak, you've no idea how powerful a engineer can be if used correctly. I got this build from a guy named Teldo, a member of TeamParadigmNet. You can really control the fight with tons of utilities.
    Go and check out his channel on youtube and be amazed! Just remember that this build requires a bit of focus, alot of kit swapping and you can't have a tunnel vision on the fight.

I wonder when a rune/sigil tool, like a trait tool, will come out. I would love to be able to play with them easily outside of the game.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordmoe View Post
    I've seen some people complaining about the engineer being too weak, you've no idea how powerful a engineer can be if used correctly.
    Beta numbers.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

i have a question, while not specifically about runes this will affect which runes i take, do bleeds base their dmg off of power or condition dmg? (im guessing condition dmg) also do they scale with crit and are the individual ticks capable of critting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dredgwolf View Post
    i have a question, while not specifically about runes this will affect which runes i take, do bleeds base their dmg off of power or condition dmg? (im guessing condition dmg) also do they scale with crit and are the individual ticks capable of critting?
    only condition damage. they cant crit but they ignore armor
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    only condition damage. they cant crit but they ignore armor
    Can heals crit? Like the ones coming from a support/healer Guardian?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper0878 View Post
    Can heals crit? Like the ones coming from a support/healer Guardian?
    no, only attacks can crit

heals are soley affected by compassion (+healing)
    compassion affects all outgoing heals including self heals, but not heals from other players/sources

healing done via boons (that is, regen) can be increased by increasing the duration via concentration. concentration allegedly only applies to boons you apply (to anyone/thing). it seems like it will not affect boons applied by other characters
    The Original Ganksta

i see, its nice that they ignore armor, seems like i will be making a critXcondition build rather than a critXpwr build, sticking with crit because i know at least a few bleeds are applied via crits

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    no, only attacks can crit

heals are soley affected by compassion (+healing)
    compassion affects all outgoing heals including self heals, but not heals from other players/sources

healing done via boons (that is, regen) can be increased by increasing the duration via concentration. concentration allegedly only applies to boons you apply (to anyone/thing). it seems like it will not affect boons applied by other characters
    Cool, thank you for all the info

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dredgwolf View Post
    i see, its nice that they ignore armor, seems like i will be making a critXcondition build rather than a critXpwr build, sticking with crit because i know at least a few bleeds are applied via crits
    they ignore armor b/c 1) they cant crit 2) they can only be applied limitedly- one poison, one burn, and bleed being the only stackable with confusion requiring the opponent to screw themselves over, or shutting themself down 3) they can be removed and thus negated relatively easily

conditions have pros and cons attached to them jsut like direct damage does
    The Original Ganksta

this is by far the best news i read from GW2 in ages

+1 for complex system, in a casual friendly game.

Love it

Im gonna be rolling a Lifesteal/Minion Necro build and was wondering on your guys generl opinion on rune selection theres 2 I like:

1.) Rune of Vampirism

Superior

+25 power

5% to cause your next attack to steal life when hit. (cooldown: 15s)

+50 power

Your next attack after using your heal skill steals life. (Not in)

+90 power

You become mist when below 10% health. (cooldown: 60s)

2.)Rune of the Lich

Superior

+25 vitality

+4% condition duration

+50 vitality

+6% condition duration

+90 vitality

5% chance to summon a minion on hit. (cooldown: 60s)

or maybe even this...

3.) Rune of the Golemancer

Superior

+2% critical damage

+15 precision

+3% critical damage

+35 precision

+5% critical damage

5% chance to summon a golem. (cooldown: 90s)

Here's the link to my build for reference if anyone cares. Thanks in Advance. http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...545f5j5r5u60hf (ya im a noob when it comes to links)

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember: You only get six pieces of gear, one rune each (afaik - would love to be able to mix/match multiple rune sets)
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Remember: You only get six pieces of gear, one rune each (afaik - would love to be able to mix/match multiple rune sets)
    Ya i know but was wondering out of the three which one seems to be the best atm. I couldnt play BWE1 so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas which would be the best for pvp or what not.