Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Seriously? Who cares? Other people can play and enjoy games just as you can, if they jump in and out or not. Not everyone has the luxury to sit around all day and play games, some people HAVE to jump in and out between life.
    Ahh, the good ole' "life" word. I have 2 kids, a full-time job, and am getting married in August. I HAVE to schedule playtime around life. The problem is that people think you shouldn't have to invest time into a game because... it's a game. It's "meant to be played" on a whim, at your leisure. Single-player/console games are. Persistant worlds are not.
    Last edited by alturic; 2012-05-27 at 05:12 PM.

  2. #22
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    hAntwearpen
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    So you think you're out growing video games, but act like a child when it comes to football? Makes total sense!
    Welcome to manhood

    ot. I have the same problem as you, only I don't see it as a problem

  3. #23
    Legendary! Absolute Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    6,285
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Ahh, the good ole' "life" word. I have 2 kids, a full-time job, and am getting married in August. I HAVE to schedule playtime around life. The problem is that people think you shouldn't have to invest time into a game because... it's a game. It's "meant to be played" on a whim, at your leisure. Single-player/console games are. Persistant worlds are not.
    Says you, no one is forcing you to play with those who jump in and out of the games. Games are meant to be fun, fun varies from person to person, if someone wants to play a game and enjoys games and simply wants to play it when they can, why is that not okay?


  4. #24
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Ahh, the good ole' "life" word. I have 2 kids, a full-time job, and am getting married in August. I HAVE to schedule playtime around life. The problem is that people think you shouldn't have to invest time into a game because... it's a game. It's "meant to be played" on a whim, at your leisure. Single-player/console games are. Persistant worlds are not.
    Games are supposed to be fun, not commitments. People screeching "the casuals ruin it!" are worse than the casuals that are "ruining the industry."

  5. #25
    I get the strong feeling that you have been told or you think games are strictly for children?

    AAWWW poor you lol

    Newsflash games are for adults aswell. If you don't belive me then go be an alcoholic like a real mature adult does when he comes home from work..But you cannot play drinking games adults don't play children games

  6. #26
    22, and I am feeling this a bit as well. Though, I think I'm just burned out on games in general. And I'll probably be back on them in full force after a little break.

  7. #27
    Maybe theres other stuff going on in your life causing you to feel restless and distracted, I have to move house in a few days im trying to pack in 25c heat, its horible, im covered in sweat, i'd love to wrap myself up in Civ 5, Skyrim, WoW and countless others.

    Would you say your looking for something more stimulating, like a thrill seeker whose tired of mountain biking and goes on to base jumping or something?

    Maybe its your character (not your wow one lol). Some things to think on.

  8. #28
    Elemental Lord Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,788
    21 isn't old.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by arphet View Post
    Lately I've been starting to feel the same way as you. I feel that i no longer "want" to play video games, the only reason that I play them any more is because I have nothing else to do. Whereas before, I would want to come home from work or school and want to play wow, or Battlefield, or something. But then again, it might just be a phase
    its called the summer!!!!, enjoy it while it lasts

    winter is coming

  10. #30
    deeper you must go. there's no reason to stick with a game. get more games. i have hundreds of steam games and a lot of them are unplayed, but one day i'll load one up and beat it from top to bottom. at the moment i cycle between three MMO's, diablo 3, various betas, and deus ex.

  11. #31
    Im 21 and I dont think that Im out growing video games, instead Im sort of getting used to them and not getting that 'epic' feeling anymore, still having fun though, but getting bored faster.
    I remember when I first started WoW, it felt so epic, and I couldn't sleep, because I just wanted morning to come so I could play more, same thing with Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, I had not played a game like that before and it just blew my mind, same sort of thing happened with CS 1.6 back before I tried WoW.
    Nowadays.. with Skyrim, ME3 and WoW I dont get so excited about them, Im having fun, but nothing like I used to, these days I also get bored a lot faster if Im not playing with friends.

    i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz | R9 280X | Samsung Evo 250GB

  12. #32
    agreed with the above posters, I still got my nes/snes hooked up lol

  13. #33
    I think I'm lucky I had a cool old aunt and uncle when I was growing up who played a lot of video games. Because of them I don't think of video games as a childish pastime, at least no more than any other entertainment like sports or movies or books.

  14. #34
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,385
    i'm 21 and i have quickly outgrow games all my life :S i get very bored easily but it's easily solved by rotating games...for example in the past 2 weeks i have playes sins of a solar empire, champions online, skyrim, horizons and star sonata :S So when the dull moment sets in i change games meaning i'm always enjoying myself :S

  15. #35
    High Overlord Thundermane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Posts
    179
    As you get older, other interests take over. Doesn't mean that games go away, but for some they aren't as important or fun as they use to be.

  16. #36
    Moderator d3v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    East Flanders, Belgium
    Posts
    4,714
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    That horrible moment in your life when you realise you're out growing video games. I have great memories of all day video game sessions, waking up on Christmas Day to see if the game I asked for was in my present pile, raiding in WoW, and gaming parties with all my friends. Now I come to a ripe old age of 21 and find it soooo much harder to stick with a game. Mostly out of boredom which I assumes comes with growing out of video games. I was looking forward to Diablo for YEARS. Played it for a few days and now I'm bored with it. Same with Mass Effect 3, Skyrim and other AAA Titles.


    I don't think it's down to the games, because all these games are very good, it's just I feel I get bored so much more easily.

    The only game that keeps me interested is Football Manager 2012 now. I've racked up 405 hours play time since it's release and am still not bored probably due to it's difficulty. Some of the Achievements on it seem impossible. Bringing a 6th tier team to Champions League winners is probably my most valued gaming achievement! Along with completing Zelda: Ocarina of Time! Remember when games were much harder when you were younger? I spent so long on Inside the Deku Tree dungeon, I thought Queen Gohma was the final boss! and I was satisfied with that! and then again when I collected all the stones... and then finally when I got all the medallions <3.

    Anyway, back to the thread... Anyone else experiencing this as their getting older?
    I lold, ripe old age of 21? Your life has just begun... I think your age has nothing to do with the fact you're getting bored of video games. I know many gamers in the 30's, and some in their 40's and even 50's.

  17. #37
    I think I've actually grown back into gaming. I'm starting to appreciate modern games much, much more than I did before. It's just in a slightly different way.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    I don't think it's down to the games, because all these games are very good, it's just I feel I get bored so much more easily.
    Well, I got bored with them quickly as well, but in my case the reason is because these games are *not* very good. Anyway, there is something called gaming burnout.

  19. #39
    I understand you OP. I am 24 but I feel the same. I don't want to feel this way but I just do. I remember getting NES/SNES and N64.....was just superexciting, playing old PC games in the 90s....so awesome.

    Playing MMO for the first time was just crazy, even WoW...felt so huge and amazing. Nowdays it feels so tiny and insignificant. MMOs just plain out put me to sleep these days, where as before I could play them non-stop.

    I use to enjoy ALL my gaming....but now I don't enjoy much, it's rare that I find a game I like. Diablo 3 is probably the first game in a long time that I actually really love to play. The vast majority of games these days I feel like im playing more out of habit...and not so much so because I actually enjoy it.

    I've been a gamer all my life though, can't see myself ever at a point where im not playing them.

    I have more free time these days compared to when I was at school...but I play much less.

    Either im growing old, or games are growing crap ( I personally think it's a combination of both )

  20. #40
    it's you and your sports avatar
    you went from games to sports games
    gross.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •