108 86.40%
  • No

17 13.60%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you support same sex marriage?

Social experiment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Will keep it short - yes. But expect this to be closed in line with religious or political topics.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Of course why not? I don't see the problem with people with the same sex marry. Just because an old books says so doesn't make it wrong!

No. If they are going to get 'married', they need to call it something else, because in religions where marriage is a tradition, homosexuality is frowned on and you can't expect clergy to come on board to marry these people. Now, if they were to just make a civil union for purposes of getting the same benefits as marriage, call it something else and have it performed by state officials, go ahead. Nobody's stopping them from doing that.

Honestly I don't even see why it's a national issue.

Deleted
    I don't really care whether it's allowed or forbidden.

Of course i do - how can one logically defend a position where you do not?

And on a related subject I do believe my country is legalizing it the 15th of june...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFoxx View Post
    No. If they are going to get 'married', they need to call it something else, because in religions where marriage is a tradition, homosexuality is frowned on and you can't expect clergy to come on board to marry these people. Now, if they were to just make a civil union for purposes of getting the same benefits as marriage, call it something else and have it performed by state officials, go ahead. Nobody's stopping them from doing that.

So youre for it if you call it something else?
    OT: Yes you can't deny civil rights because you don't like something. thats idiotic

It's a judgement as to if you chose to follow as Blupparen pointed out a book which is supposedly 2,000 years old OR you chose to understand that time moves on. As much as my religious beliefs suggest i should be against it, i am supportive of it - however i do believe that it would be wrong to force Churches to administer marriage services to same sex couples. There will always be more liberal churches around to provide such a service, but if they attempt to enforce a "you MUST offer marriage services regardless as to who's involved" rule it will be nigh on impossible to implement & would effectively outlaw the Catholic church.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Yes - I don't see how two people getting married has anything to do with me. Not my nor anybodys business imo.

Who am I to support or not support other people's personal matters. They're not marrying me. I also hardly care. Nobody else should. Also, religion should shut up about the whole matter. I don't see why these people assume they're having a say in all of it. That's just a cult people choose to, or not to, believe in. It's not important.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Before people get off on the political topics, I will say I am a Republican, but I personally think that they should allow same sex marriages. These people are still humans and work just as hard as anyone else so should have the same rights as anyone else to the pursuit of their happiness. As for the religious aspect, if they marry each other, then they will not be caught up in having to lie about their sexuality and they will eventually help with this planets population problem as they cannot procreate with each other.
    Last edited by Flatspriest; 2012-05-27 at 04:46 PM.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    It's a judgement as to if you chose to follow as Blupparen pointed out a book which is supposedly 2,000 years old OR you chose to understand that time moves on. As much as my religious beliefs suggest i should be against it, i am supportive of it - however i do believe that it would be wrong to force Churches to administer marriage services to same sex couples. There will always be more liberal churches around to provide such a service, but if they attempt to enforce a "you MUST offer marriage services regardless as to who's involved" rule it will be nigh on impossible to implement & would effectively outlaw the Catholic church.
    If you go by the 2000 year old version only the father of the woman or the husband can dissolve a marriage...

There is no real reason to be against gay marriage in the modern world

Deleted
    Yes. There is simply not a single logic based reason why they can't.

Yup The gays have the same right to be miserable like the rest of us

Certain marriage ceremonies may be religious in nature, but marriage itself isn't rooted in religious dogma.

Deleted

This. As long as they don't call it marriage I'm fine with it.

No. If they are going to get 'married', they need to call it something else, because in religions where marriage is a tradition
    I do not see a problem with it and to call it a marriage or a life commitment does not matter.

A marriage is between two people who are going to make a commitment to each other for life be it the same sex or not it should not matter and to say it is frowned on by the church makes me laugh considering the catholic priests have been doing it for centuries.

In this day and age it should boil down to the individual and what they want to do with there life so long as no harm is done to children then people should live and let live.

Church marriage should mean NOTHING in the eyes of the law, if you want to do it great, enjoy, hell if they want to say only a man and his goat may marry fine, whatever. Everyone regardless of sex should be able to marry in a civil union or whatever they want to call it, which would be done by the govt. & would have all the legal benefits and so on attached to it and it alone.

Awesome sig. courtesy of Shiri.

Deleted
    Kinda lame why you wouldn't. You might be homophobe if you don't.

~ I'm not going to refuse a black guy from driving a car too would I? It's 2012, grow up darn rednecks.