Voters
125. This poll is closed
  • Yes

108 86.40%
  • No

17 13.60%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yes im all for it. Ill leave it at that.

Whats wrong with calling it Marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Social experiment.
    Same sex marriage is disgusting. Unless its 2 hot chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailbuild View Post
    Yup The gays have the same right to be miserable like the rest of us
    Hahahha!

And yes. I don't see why homosexuals can't marry eachother.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support marriage.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFoxx View Post
    No. If they are going to get 'married', they need to call it something else, because in religions where marriage is a tradition, homosexuality is frowned on and you can't expect clergy to come on board to marry these people. Now, if they were to just make a civil union for purposes of getting the same benefits as marriage, call it something else and have it performed by state officials, go ahead. Nobody's stopping them from doing that.

Honestly I don't even see why it's a national issue.
    Fun fact: "normal" marriage is already a civil union recognised by the state, simply called marriage. The religious marriage performed by clergy in a church or whatnot is actually NOT recognised by the state, that's why before/after the religious ceremony the couple is required to sign the legal documents of state marriage.

Whether the state allows same-sex marriage or not has absolutely nothing to do with the religious ceremony. The church is and will be allowed to deny it to anyone they deem inappropriate (remember, there are thousands of different denominations of christianity with different set of rules). As far as legislation of state marriage goes, it's none of their business.

This goes for secular countries, obviously.

Deleted
    No. If they are going to get 'married', they need to call it something else, because in religions where marriage is a tradition, homosexuality is frowned on and you can't expect clergy to come on board to marry these people. Now, if they were to just make a civil union for purposes of getting the same benefits as marriage, call it something else and have it performed by state officials, go ahead. Nobody's stopping them from doing that.

Don't paint Christianity, or any religion in fact, all in one colour. There are many branches of religions that support homosexuality and/or same-sex marriage.

I support same-sex marriage as long as churches can choose to refuse. Many churches would willingly hold same-sex marriages, but many do see it as a sin and they should not be forced to change their beliefs.

I support same sex marriage.... I cant believe people still believe in religion these days.

10+ Year Old Account

My general views towards it. Just going to follow behind this guy.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    This. As long as they don't call it marriage I'm fine with it.
    Marriage has nothing to do with religion, its called marriage, don't matter if its done in a church, your own garden, in Las Vegas by an Elvis impersonator, as a civil service, or by a drunk sea captain outside international waters with a monkey knife fight after the reception. when you make a commitment to someone e.g have vows etc its marriage its what its called.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in a church. Marriage is a religious act, and if that religion is against that sort of thing, it shouldn't be done. I'm atheist, i don't believe in any religion. But I do know that a lot of religion's "holy" books like the bible or khoran, have content that is clearly against that sort of thing. Those religions intended for marriage to be between a man and a woman. I think they have the right to be married, but not under a religion that is against it.

Quote Originally Posted by coware23 View Post
    There are many branches of religions that support homosexuality same-sex marriage.
    Which branches are these you speak of?

Religious ceremonies mean absolutely nothing. To get married you go get your paper from the courts. Religious stuff is just on top. This issue is stupid. Bigots need to go away and let adults be adults.
    Keep The Beats!

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Same sex marriage is disgusting. Unless its 2 hot chicks.
    You do realize it makes 2 hot chicks unavailable right

I support it. Don't see why a person wouldn't unless it's just outright ignorance and prejudice.

Deleted
    Marriage is a religious act
    No it isn't. End of story. Goodbye.

Marriage was usurped by the Church during the Dark Ages. It does not own Marriage as an intellectual property.

However, at the same time Churches shouldn't be forced to do it, on the flip side however, if they're willing to, they should be able to, with the full support of the law.

Deleted
    I do not agree with the concept. However, I'm perfectly happy for them to do so if they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Which branches are these you speak of?
    Indeed, I would also love to know which religion approves of homosexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    You do realize it makes 2 hot chicks unavailable right
    No it doesn't. I have had my share of married women and lesbians, just not married lesbians. I am open to new things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degenerator View Post
    Indeed, I would also love to know which religion approves of homosexuality.
    Off the top of my head, the Church of England has shown support for it in recent years.