Really good at BC2 and previous BF games, but Im shocking at BF3?

I am just really bad at BF3 I don't know why. I just can't kill people in it, I feel like an 80 year old man trying to play a fps game on a console.I am still really great at Bad Company 2, which is according to other people "identical to bf3 but with cod features" And I was always really good at previous BF games.

I just don't understand BF3. Every weapon I use I tap fire and its recoil is insane - I dont get it. I never win up-close battles and im aimingdownsight (are you supposed to just hipfire cod style or something?) My PC runs it flawlessly on ultra preset @ 1920x1080p on a 27" LED and so I have perfectly smooth gameplay and I have every detailed enabled....but doesn't help at all.

All of my friends who play do not like BF3 and all say BC2 was better (which is saying a lot because most of them didn't even like BC2 that much)

Whats the deal with this game? Just me or is it REALLY hard to get into? Im finding it near impossible to level up because I literally can't kill anyone I just have to farm 1500 ticket metro games ressing people over and over.

Every single gun Ive got access to feels like a desert eagle in terms of recoil. I've had the game for 1 month and im level 7. Im level 50 in BC2 with like 500 hours played. Yet I just can't find what im good at in BF3...so im just not having fun.

WTF am i doing wrong here? Anyone have tips on noob-friendly (because im obviously fucking awful at this game) starter loadouts with weapons that don't knockback like as if Im firing a fucking 30mm cannon using only my arms.
    Last edited by Friendlychap; 2012-05-27 at 04:53 PM.

I have no problem with the game. Just play more and unlock stuff so recoil isn't such a problem. Headshots kill instantly so always aim for the head.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I have no problem with the game. Just play more and unlock stuff so recoil isn't such a problem. Headshots kill instantly so always aim for the head.
    im dead usually as i begin to ADS.

and when i make it through a ADS i fire off 1 or 2 rounds and the sights are already 9 years off my mark as if im firing a desert eagle.

whats the easiest/best possible I can use at level 7.

And dont mention the FAMAS because I cannot literally hit anything with it and the default ironsights block it, so it's literally double impossible for me to use it

Same thing happened to me. I used to dominate in bc2, just give me a scout and im set to own anyone and anything at any range, but im pretty shit in bf3, I cant explain it lol.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I just don't understand BF3. Every weapon I use I tap fire and its recoil is insane
    This has been a problem with BF games since bf2, their recoil for even a singleshot is beyond over exagerated.

(are you supposed to just hipfire cod style or something?
    I wouldnt say hipfire is "cod style" as iv goten just as many hipfire kills in bf3 as i have in cod.

Most of the guns suck ass untill you unlock upgrades for them.

Start practicing as Assault first with M16A3 or AEK-971. Once you get the hang of those weapons you can move on to AN-94 or shotguns. Also, use medpack instead of M320.
    Playing since 2007.