Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with current green politics and such is that it focuses too much on the population than the actual corporations that produce the wares that we buy. A technological breakthrough and a reform of how society deals with energy and resources need to be made to be able to fix this. Currently studying Biomedicine and it has given me an interesting perspective on the whole issue. The kind of stuff that are being done now like ecological wares have a minor impact when the main issue comes from our fossil fueled transportations and primitive sources for energy like oil, coal, etc. We need new approaches to these things before we can actually see real progress.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-05-27 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post

Drilling for oil in the US won't do shit because that oil will be sold internationally. Domestic drilling only benifits the guy on the oil rig, and his boss who sells it to China and India.
    If you wouldve read my original post you would see that I not only said we need to drill for oil but ALSO ban the export of it to the world market and build more refineries to make it into gas. Then we will have gas for 14 cents a gallon like Venezuela and Iran do. lastly it would create hundreds of thousands of jobs which we desperately need. There is enough oil in the US to last 160 years minimum at our current consumption rate.

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
    Yeah, that Hippie Richard Nixon forming the EPA, what a liberal asshole...

And I find it hilarious that you are upset about government regulating harmful products, then want socialized oil.
    Its not socialized oil, it nationalized oil

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If you wouldve read my original post you would see that I not only said we need to drill for oil but ALSO ban the export of it to the world market and build more refineries to make it into gas. Then we will have gas for 14 cents a gallon like Venezuela and Iran do. lastly it would create hundreds of thousands of jobs which we desperately need. There is enough oil in the US to last 160 years minimum at our current consumption rate.

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 03:14 PM ----------

Its not socialized oil, it nationalized oil
    aside from the fact that it creating "hundreds of thousands of jobs" is full of shit the only difference between nationalized and socialized is the label
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    some electric cars on the market can get over 300 miles to the charge and if your car's air con is shit, get a better air con, mine is like an ice box and its only 14 years old. Honestly the answer to all of life's problems is thorium - a practically infinite free energy source with zero emissions
    Thorium <3 it is the answer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Am I the only one sick of the sheep parroting corporate propaganda they're blindly fed so corporations can escape any responsibility for their actions?
    Am I the only one sick of the sheep parroting the green initiative propaganda they're so blindly fed by people who stand to make billions of dollars via green technology research and usage and dont follow their own lies (Al Gore)

Am I the only one sick of the sheep parroting the green initiative propaganda they're so blindly fed by people who stand to make billions of dollars via green technology research and usage and dont follow their own lies (Al Gore)
    You keep clinging to Al Gore as if he matters to the rest of the world...

hypocrite. al gore isnt even worth a billion let alone the billions you think hes making

10+ Year Old Account
    That research will help the world from not being reliant on energy sources like oil, which is a finite resource. A lot of interesting discoveries have been made since the green movement started, so it has in fact helped boost the interest in finding better solutions to the world's energy problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the title asks, am I the only one?
    I sincerely hope so.

If you want to live in a place with noxious fumes, acid rain and a runaway greenhouse effect, move to Venus and leave Earth alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    what are you even talking about? "Thats because the huge support of liberals and greens is still only like 10% of the country" and "He wouldnt dare piss them all off when he needs to get re-elected" are completely contradictory btw
    I meant he wont piss of the other 90% who isnt a liberal green enthusiast of the country not the 10% who is

Quote Originally Posted by Lakrin View Post
    I, for one, am perfectly happy giving up those "better" old methods in favor of keeping our planet sustainable for human life longer.
    I seriously just laugh when people actually think what we humans do, will ultimately cause the earths early demise.... Just lol. There is nothing wrong with being "green" whatever that means. But ill just stick to my habits like not littering and doing random acts of kindness. Oh and just a side note, my mustang will eat your Prius alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    This is my stance as well. I'm all for cleaner solutions but not mandated, over priced, inferior products that are not the best solution possible, just the first one owned by somebodies 3rd cousin twice removed or whoever is offering the bigest kickback to those in charge. Develop a Green product that can match the non green version on its own merits and the rest will occur naturally.
    I agree. Im not evil. I would be more than happy to buy a product that is considered green if it performed just as well or better than what it is replacing and cost the same or less. Who wouldnt. What Im not willing to do is accept inferior and more expensive products. If there were products that worked just as well and didnt cost a bunch more money then people would buy them. The problem is that the current green products are NOT as good as what we have, and are not profitable to make because nobody will buy them unless the government gives free money to manufacturers like they did with Solyndra which went bankrupt anyway because they still couldnt do it economically or we are forced through legislation to buy them like the new light bulbs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aaw, I was hoping this would be an actual discussion, but after reading the OP I'm pretty sure this thread wasn't made for a serious discussion

I meant he wont piss of the other 90% who isnt a liberal green enthusiast of the country not the 10% who is
    except you blatantly contradicted yourself

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    I seriously just laugh when people actually think what we humans do, will ultimately cause the earths early demise.... Just lol. There is nothing wrong with being "green" whatever that means. But ill just stick to my habits like not littering and doing random acts of kindness. Oh and just a side note, my mustang will eat your Prius alive.
    someone must be pretty dam small to compare cars like that

To OP:
    Spoken like a true human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing. You aren't here to discuss being green. How it's helping or not helping and if it's worth it. You are here to trash liberals/environmentalists while not actually discussing anything with anyone trying to stay on topic. We have political threads, use them if that's what you want to talk about.