First of all, I wasn't entirely sure if this topic was appropriate for the computer section, seeing as it also has to deal with this phone. If off-topic wasn't the right place, woops.

I just got my Motorola Razr Maxx with Verizon yesterday, and one of the biggest selling points was the long battery life so that I could substitute it for my iPod. I've had some issues with what I thought would be a very plug-and-play automated deal that I hope some of you could help me with. While we're at it, we could make this a Troubleshooting resource for the phone, seeing as they'll probably be pretty popular.

The first thing I did was install this nifty program called MotoCast onto my computer from my phone, apparently instead of having to sync my phone with my music library, which takes up space, I can keep my computer on and hooked up to the internet, and this'll play music off of my computer's library. As well as view photos/videos/documents on my computer. Unfortunately, 90% of the time so far, my phone thinks my computer is off or in sleep mode, and the one time I got it to view my computer's music library wirelessly, it wouldn't load the songs. All I got was the spinning load wheel when trying to play them until my phone's screen went black.
I have windows 7 pro on my computer, what I'm wondering is if the problem is with Windows, my phone, or maybe in the way I have something set up. My dad got the Razr(not Maxx, not sure if there's any other hardware/software differences besides the battery) a few months ago and his MotoCast works perfectly with his Mac after a few initial hiccups, whereas I can't seem to get mine going at all yet.

Also, after I got tired of trying to figure MotoCast out, I just synced an album so that I'd have something. But it didn't sync the album art. It's not a huge deal, but I like the pretty pictures to help quickly flick through my albums once I have more of my collection on board.
Also also, once I got that first album onto my phone, it now sees that my computer is online all the time, but won't recognize the existence of any other music, or any other media at all.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Vyrne

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 11:48 AM ----------

I just went to http://www.mymotocast.com/music and am playing music that motocast sees on my computer, but that my phone won't recognize. Wha? Also, the website sees all of my videos and pictures etc, but my phone still does not.