Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Where is my free beyonce concert? Where is my shopping trip to europe? Can I please marry barack obama so I can have all this free stuff?
    I'm going to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert later this year. Cost me $130 for two nice tickets. (I work for that money to spend it how I want after my bills get paid, kind of like with any job...) The cool thing is, when you actually go to school and perform well at a job, you do not need to beg. You can buy tickets for whichever concert you want!

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Why are posts that are here just to directly insult me allowed to stay, but I get infracted for it? This is an outrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a moderator, shouldnt you read the post? I do not care if it was a republican, democrat, or freaking communist alien mastermind in the white house; this is an outrageous expense for us to be paying for. Where is my free beyonce concert? Where is my shopping trip to europe? Can I please marry barack obama so I can have all this free stuff?
    You get all of that for being President. It's the most powerful position in the world. He's not a freaking mail room clerk.

Yet another person that did not read the thread, thank you. This is pathetic, do people just look at thread titles then start slamming away at there keyboard?
    It's almost as if nothing in this thread actually invalidates what Sills said.

Quote Originally Posted by raechuul View Post
    I'm going to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert later this year. Cost me $130 for two nice tickets. (I work for that money to spend it how I want after my bills get paid, kind of like with any job...) The cool thing is, when you actually go to school and perform well at a job, you do not need to beg. You can buy tickets for whichever concert you want!

Oh, is your concert going to cost the taxpayer millions of dollars in security as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    How horrible.

LMFAO PWNED!!! <3 you Myrrar! Knives Chow > Romona Flowers tho lol.

Seriously, our country isn't falling apart right now let the man go on vacation with his family before he has a bunch of rich white men sling mud at him during the elections, I think he did a pretty decent job considering what the last retard president did. I don't totally agree with everything Obama does, but our economy is better and the world is safer since he's become our President. You're aloud to disagree with the man, but why hate him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another person that did not read the thread, thank you. This is pathetic, do people just look at thread titles then start slamming away at there keyboard?

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 11:36 PM ----------

Oh, where does the security costs come from? Does the president pay for secret service for his kids out of his own pocket? No? Oh, I guess I was right.
    They reimburse the goverment. The only time they don't is when it's actually for their job. Again, do you not even look up things before you claim they are fact?

Bush had two terms. Wait for the end of Obamas second before you say that, you are just pulling numbers out your rear, you have no idea the true costs.

Lies. Congrats, you will probably get people to read this and believe you without even thinking.

Also, just bush spent that much, wonder how much his wife and kids got there way paid for. Just like Obama's wife and kids going off on lavish european shopping trips, and to a "field trip" over spring break in mexico.
    This just proved (if it wasn't clear already) you have no clue what you're talking about and you're too lazy to look information up before you post.

Do you really believe what you're saying or are you just trying to get into arguments?

[/COLOR]

Oh, where does the security costs come from? Does the president pay for secret service for his kids out of his own pocket? No? Oh, I guess I was right.
    If he stays in the office and never vacations, do they still get paid?

Gasp. A fatal flaw! They get paid no matter what, so decrying the cost due to travel is just silliness.

No, it's not. Where are you even getting your facts? I'm sure people would give them things for free, free concerts and such. It doesn't come from our pockets though.
    It's amazing how you seem to know the expenses of the Executive Branch better than conservative pundits. Even Glenn Beck admits that most expenses are paid for by the President and only things like security and booking are paid for by the taxpayer.

MORE OUTRAGE! This is amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    It's almost as if nothing in this thread actually invalidates what Sills said.
    But it does. Trying to paint me as a republican mad about this is just flat out ignorance, I hate republicans much more then democrats (The politicians, not the people) yet they accuse me of being a repub just because I think obama is wasting money on vacations for his family?

All Presidents, current and former, have Secret Service agents. Not really fair to pin that expense on Obama.

So you think that the president shouldn’t ever take vacations unless he’s prepared to not only cover the trip itself but the security cost incurred because he’s president?

They reimburse the goverment. The only time they don't is when it's actually for their job. Again, do you not even look up things before you claim they are fact?
    To be fair, who lets silly little things like facts get in the way of self-righteous outrage anyway?

not gonna lie the beyonce sex on top comment had me rolling.

it a catchy song about love....not sex. about your S.O. finally putting your love first.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

That is a flat out lie.

Also, people trying to make it look like I am singling out obama are fools. I think bush wasted a ton of money on them to, and his predecessor, and his, and so on. Also, saying "Vacation days" is stupid, as this is NOT EVEN THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF IT IS HIS FAMILY. But nobody will read that, they will just blindly post because they think someone is attacking obama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamestar View Post
    It's amazing how you seem to know the expenses of the Executive Branch better than conservative pundits. Even Glenn Beck admits that most expenses are paid for by the President and only things like security and booking are paid for by the taxpayer.

MORE OUTRAGE! This is amusing.
    Read my other post. When it comes to personal time/leisure they reimburse the government. Even bush did. It takes 10 seconds on google to find multiple resources about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, is your concert going to cost the taxpayer millions of dollars in security as well?
    No, I paid for it with my own money, just like every human with a job is capable of doing. Until I see the facts and figures saying that we paid for their concert, I can still believe it came from their own pockets. But of course you don't have any facts to back up what you're accusing them of.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    So you think that the president shouldn’t ever take vacations unless he’s prepared to not only cover the trip itself but the security cost incurred because he’s president?
    Yes. I do. Obama has over a million dollars in just one bank account, I am sure he can handle a concert fee.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    How horrible.

OBV we see here that cliton was the best president...he didnt need vacation he did it in the office
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.