10+ Year Old Account

Nightmarish Staff of Herding

Has anyone had issues buying the plans for Nightmarish Staff. I have went into Act4 NM on every quest and the QM does not sale it for me. Anyone experience the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Appears on the last quest of act 4. Bought it not too long ago, are you sure you're at the right place?

From what i have seen you need to be on the quest called "prime evil" for the vendor to have the plans you need i hope this helps

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, you basically need to kill the actual dude who drops the plans then if it doesn't drop, it'll be on the vendor for 1g.

Actually whether the plans drop or not is irrelevant. I beat Izual in Nightmare mode, and the plans dropped for me. Thing is they were the normal mode plans. It doesn't matter if the plans drop or not, once you've beaten Izual on whatever mode you are playing, the plans for that mode's staff show up in the Quartermaster store.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Aye, you basically need to kill the actual dude who drops the plans then if it doesn't drop, it'll be on the vendor for 1g.
    no, nightmare/hell/inferno is bought from the vendor at prime evil quest and normal is the only1 that is a drop