342. This poll is closed
  • The Auction House is Fine

178 52.05%
  • The Auction House is Horrible

164 47.95%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Is the Diablo 3 AH unusable?

Does anyone Know if there are plans to revamp the AH. It is horrible. I am used to Auctioneer on WOW, but even without it I can use the default AH fine. But the Diablo AH is almost unusable. I have to search each item individually..and when I do I can't sort base on Bid or Buyout price. I dont get it. Am I just not understanding it or is it really that bad? It feels like they purposelly created an unusable piece of crap so we are forced to use the Real Money AH when it comes out.
    Last edited by winterfox72; 2012-05-28 at 05:55 AM.

Only problem I have with the ah is that shit gets bought before I even get a chance to move my mouse to buyout

I find it rather shitty too, can find stuff but takes a while.

The poll you have there is a bit 'extreme'.

Imo, its not unusable but it does appear to be 'clunky', or more unstable then anything else.

The auction house is simple and easy to use. It cant function lke wow. The items do not have individual numbers. It works great. Wrap your head around teh idea of doing it different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a search option like the wow one would be fine, I want to list objects as a seller, not look for them for my characters.
    dictated but not read.

Id like to be able to sort by stats. Yes I can say I want items with over 70 str and 70 vit but then I wanna sort them by actual Str and Vit. Having to go through 5 pages just to find the perfect combo of stats sucks.

It works fine, i can sort by bid or buyout no issue. To be clear to get sorting by buyout to work properly you need to set a maximum price, which somehow gets it to stop showing all the auctions with no buyout.

Also the search modifier for +damage, not the % one the straight up damage, it seems to be broken or missing.

I really don't like the AH in this game. It's buggy as hell with giving you your items, you have to send it to your bank which in my case is usually chockablock with gear - which wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for my major bug bare: You can only list 10 items. I'm not trying to play the AH, but whilst leveling / starting alts there is a ton of gear I want to keep / sell on. I do not want to vendor it and only being able to list 10 items at a time is a pain in the ass on the storage. I would love some freaking storage space! having the same bag space from the start, and your only storage space being shared among all characters is just painful!

All of this is due to the RMAH and trying to balance the market. It's driving me nuts the precautions in place, and it's not even out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

Whys it so hard to use? select item slot, select stats you want hit search tadaa, too many come back, put min values on stats add in a max price, you get your hits.

I love the AH makes finding actual upgrades very easy, what annoys me is i can only post 10 items and cant cancel dead ones.

Quote Originally Posted by digger66 View Post
    The auction house is simple and easy to use. It cant function lke wow. The items do not have individual numbers. It works great. Wrap your head around teh idea of doing it different.
    There are some easy to add things that would improve functionality. Things such as sorting according to lowest to highest bid and vice versa

Also it IS unstable. Not having things post up until a couple of days after you've bought them out and stuff like that is really annoying. They need to sort out major issues like that asap if they want the most out of the RMAH.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

It sucks. No watchlist, 10 item limit, no ability to cancel, a 46 pages limit, can only search by exact name, can't even sort stuff by bids instead of buyout.

I agree, the options are a bit extreme. It is really fine as it is, aside from All Damage searches returning nothing when they should, but a few bugs the first weeks are to be expected. It could use a few additional improvements, but it is VERY functional as is.

The biggest complaint I see from people is not being able to search by name, which if you know anything about how items work in diablo games you realize is a fucking stupid idea.

It generally works well for me most of the time. My biggest annoyance however with the Auction house is when I search for an item to have lets say 100 Dex and it's a chest with three 34 Dex gems in it instead of the base value of the item which tends to have no dexterity on it at all. Everything else is fine, due to the RNG of the items I don't really think a search option would work. Although items have the same name technically they aren't the same item.
    Last edited by Alukia; 2012-05-28 at 07:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoc213777db2f View Post
    I have a nuclear bomb. Once I detonate it, I'm shit cause I only got that one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use it, therefore I'd say it's usable.

My ratio of
    Gear I've gotten by trading with complete strangers via AH
    to Gear I've gotten by trading with friends
    to Gear I've gotten from drops is roughly 15:1:1

It is sometimes unusable though. Unlike every other day I've been playing, nothing I've listed has sold, so I can't sell anything I got recently, which means reclaiming the lvl 40 rares I have stashed in my bank for whatever. I think it's a AH bug, that nothing's sold, because I list most stuff competitively and try not to list useless crap. I have bought all the stash space, have some crap and lowlvl gems on alts, and still am hurting for space.

But, I see how they don't want every single rare and maybe-someone-will-want-it blue I've gotten, along with every other players's crap, all on the AH. So I get the 10 slots thing. I think you should get upgraded as you go on in the game, maybe 3 extra auction slots for every difficulty you complete or something, or as a gold sink.

I can always find something for a slot I'm looking to upgrade without all that much difficulty, but I would frequently like to be able to use a 4th search parameter.

Say I'm looking for a helm for my monk. Dex/Vit/Has Sockets/All Resist/Spirit Regen are what I'd like to search for, so I end up just narrowing it down with Spi/Res/Socket and looking through what's left. Limiting B/O and ordering by either that or armor are going to help me narrow it down, but I still have to look through a lot of strength monk helms to find one with dex and/or vit. I also wish you could put a lower limit on DPS value for weapon searches.

It's working with a fairly different sort of loot than the WoW AH, so I understand it working differently. I wish it was as stable as the WoW AH though (and that we could get AH Mods to do stuff like 5 parameter searches, ordering by bid, and watchlists).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatInternet View Post
    Just a search option like the wow one would be fine, I want to list objects as a seller, not look for them for my characters.
    A search option does not work in Diablo. Why don't people understand this. Let's see. You found a Doomwailer rare crossbow. Now you check the auction house (with your newly wanted search) and find out that there's a Doomwailer on the AH for 1.000.000. So you put your Doomwailer up on the AH for the same price. However your Doomwailer was a crossbow with INT, thorns, gold pickup radius increase and a socket. After a day you wonder why your Doomwailer isn't selling while the other is already gone. Surely yours should have sold cause you undercut the guy.

Newsflash: Items are random. They might have the same name but they are not the same item. Hence you can't search for said items as that search result is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    Only problem I have with the ah is that shit gets bought before I even get a chance to move my mouse to buyout
    I totally agree with this post, awesome deals and reasonable priced items are getting sold before you even click on it buyout button.

you can sort items by buyout, and im sure by bid too but im not using that. AH is different, not good but it is at least useable pretty easily
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

HOLY FUCKING SEARCH FUNCTION, BATMAN!

Attention OP: This thread is not new. This thread is not original. This thread contains bitching, whinging and moronic & ill-thought out complaints. The game is called Diablo 3. It's not called World of Warcraft. I'd reply with a well-thought out, concise and rather abrasive reply, but quite frankly I'm sick of seeing half a dozen threads pop up every day on this matter.
    Additionally, apparently it's an infractionable offense to point out exactly why someone's idea/suggestion/complaint is fucking stupid, even if you do provide evidence and logic.

So no, I won't point out how this post is pointless, your complaints illogical and your "suggestions" are fucking stupid. But they all are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    HOLY FUCKING SEARCH FUNCTION, BATMAN!

Attention OP: This thread is not new. This thread is not original. This thread contains bitching, whinging and moronic & ill-thought out complaints. The game is called Diablo 3. It's not called World of Warcraft. I'd reply with a well-thought out, concise and rather abrasive reply, but quite frankly I'm sick of seeing half a dozen threads pop up every day on this matter.
    Additionally, apparently it's an infractionable offense to point out exactly why someone's idea/suggestion/complaint is fucking stupid, even if you do provide evidence and logic.

So no, I won't point out how this post is pointless, your complaints illogical and your "suggestions" are fucking stupid. But they all are.
    If I was You I wouldnt have clicked to read this post then. Kinda weird